British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Wildcards 2017.....

Hardly an asset to the GP series, but no worse than having Chris Harris in the series.

I agree, I don't want either, Harris has 0 chance of getting one though where as Bjerre is looking very likely right now

The top 3 from the challenge that doesnt finish in the top 8 of the series...

You are right. My third in a row so I'll quit commenting on rules 'till I've read the new ones... :lol:

You are right. My third in a row so I'll quit commenting on rules 'till I've read the new ones... :lol:

I was only repeating what dumb and dumber said on BT Sports last night, unfortunately it's correct

Do the rules cover the situation of Lindgren being a replacement rider from outside the permanant 15 qualifying in the top 8 ?

No, the rules changed a few years ago and anyone that finishes top 8 will count as top 8 regardless if they are a reserve or not.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

OVER 300 people at the TravelPlus fans forum in Torun this morning and when posed the question should Sayfutdinov get a wild card if offered and not go through the qualifying rounds it was a unanimous yes.

OVER 300 people at the TravelPlus fans forum in Torun this morning and when posed the question should Sayfutdinov get a wild card if offered and not go through the qualifying rounds it was a unanimous yes.

Don't mind Sayfutdinov back in SGP but I don't think he should get a wild card pick from BSI.

• Like 1

Don't mind Sayfutdinov back in SGP but I don't think he should get a wild card pick from BSI.

Of course Emil should be given a wild card if he wants one. The GP series is supposed to be about the best riders in the World competing to be World Champion, so riders like him NEED to be in it rather than utter jokes like Harris and Bjerre!

So the forum was exclusive to the Travel Plus lot?

So the forum was exclusive to the Travel Plus lot?

YES, part of their package. Nice morning conversation with Greg Hancock, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Buster Chapman, Kelvin Tatum and Nigel Pearson.

From the financial point of view of Torun the 4 wild cards should be British

ZAGAR as a wild card at Krsko only would satisfy BSI regarding Slovenia. Don't sense any great appetite to put him back in. Lambert far too inexperienced and would do his career more harm than good.

I think you're wrong about zagar...if he doesn't qualify top 8, he should get it!

Melbourne is going to be interesting for 7th/8th

Currently

7 Janowski 85

8 lindgren 82

9= NKI 79

9= Lindback 79

9= Zagar 79

Kildemand, Jonsson and Harris to go

Lindgren, Dudek and Vaculik from Challenge

with Pedersen and all those not in the top 8 above getting the remaining WC`s - the only complication and it`s a big one-Lindgren must not finish in top 8- if he does and Bjerre is in then 1 of those 5 will miss out.

I don`t think Emil will get one.

Edited by racers and royals