British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Wildcards 2017.....

Next season will be this years top 11 along with Pedersen and qualifiers Dudek and Vaculik.

Next season will be this years top 11 along with Pedersen and qualifiers Dudek and Vaculik.

That's 14 riders...

That's 14 riders...

Beware the looming shadow of Bjerre. :o

• Like 2

Beware the looming shadow of Bjerre. :o

hoping Matty Zagar pulls out another good display, and Freddie has a shocker (would settle for Puk/Antonio having a good performance, anyone really so long as they knock Freddie out of the top 8)

• Like 1

I feel Zagar is deserving of a wildcard. Has he had to have one before? Either way he is competitive and when you think of the amount the likes of Lindgren and Jonsson have had surely Zagar deserves one

Which leaves Zagar out in the cold- which is why for me Emil should do the qualifiers in 2017.

Posted Today, 04:20 PM

EmilRacing89 ‏@EmilRacing89

Many questions from fans about English league: I will not race in England 2017 ... I'm happy whit my league meetings in Poland and Sweden...

Kenneth Bjerre deserves to be in as he went through the qualifiers. That's what competitive sport should be about, points gained on the track Its enough of a closed shop as it is.

After two good rounds I hope Matej can get into the top 8 after Melbourne. Even if he only misses out by a couple of points, I reckon he has shown enough over the past two years (and past two rounds) that he would be deserving of a pick.

It seems, however, that he suffers from the same thing as Rune Holta (in his time as a GP rider) that he isn't the right nationality to attract "key markets" and therefore is less likely to get a pick than other riders who do represent the "bigger" nations.

It could be bad luck for Matej as Phil Rising has said, BSI are quite happy to have him just as wildcard in Slovenia. Something wrong when it comes down to your nationality and not your ability. Why we are at it why is Denmark considered a big key nation demanding 3 permanent riders. Interest in speedway has gone from holding 2 GP's , 1 being at the national stadium, to 1 GP in a Championship style football ground in front of 12,500,hardly a hotbed .

Kenneth Bjerre deserves to be in as he went through the qualifiers. That's what competitive sport should be about, points gained on the track Its enough of a closed shop as it is.

I think Lindgren will qualify in the top eight which will allow Bjerre to take his place in next years series and possibly open up a wild card pick for another rider.

<p>

Posted Today, 04:20 PM

EmilRacing89 ‏@EmilRacing89

Many questions from fans about English league: I will not race in England 2017 ... I'm happy whit my league meetings in Poland and Sweden...

Did you mean to include Emil's next tweet in reply to being asked about SGP next year?

EmilRacing89 @FreddycpPope if I will get offer than I'm ready to come back ... if not I do quali next year for @SpeedwayGP

Edited by HenryW

That's 14 riders...

We have to see where Lindgren finishes but the last place will go to anyone from Bjerre, Hampel or hopefully Sayfutdinov

I think Lindgren will qualify in the top eight which will allow Bjerre to take his place in next years series and possibly open up a wild card pick for another rider.

??? Freddie finishing top 8 takes away a wildcard space, it doesn't add one!?! As whoever finishes outside top 8 will likely need a wildcard. If Freddie finishes outside top 8, that sane rider will not need a wildcard. Essentially if Freddie finishes top 8, Bjerre "steals" a spot that otherwise would go to a wildcard.
  • Like 2

As much as I have zero enthusiasm for Bjerre you are right about him doing things the right way.

If Fred gets top 8 it will be the complete opposite to what you say with wildcards. I like Lindgren but hope he scores 0 in Melbourne so we don't get Bjerre. So many permutations but Zagar could finish 9th and not get a wild card. That would be very harsh.

We will see Bjerre at some stage as a rider always gets an injury during a season.

Edited by marky

Did you mean to include Emil's next tweet in reply to being asked about SGP next year?

EmilRacing89 @FreddycpPope if I will get offer than I'm ready to come back ... if not I do quali next year for @SpeedwayGP

That is great news if true. Just need zagar to make top 8 ahead of Lindgren.

Wc for emil lindback puk and nicki.

Gives as strong a line up as u could hope for, with possible exception of g laguta.

• Like 1