British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TurnTwo

Play Offs

From my previous post on Eastbourne thread I thought I'd carry on. This is how I think the top 6 are going to finish:

So looking at matches remaining:

Stoke Home 3 pts

Belle vue home 3 pts

Coventry home 3pts

Kings Lynn home 3 pts

Buxton away 4pts

And kings Lynn away would we be awarded the points?

16 points without kings Lynn putting the eagles on 58 points.

Not enough to catch birmingham but looking at Kent their fixtures are:

Cradley home 3 pts

Coventry away 4 pts

Cradley away 3 pts

And Stoke away same position as Eastbourne can they fit it in?

Putting the kings on 58 points too. Kent having scored more points overall will be second but that's if they can get 3 points at cradley where I think they may only get 1 possibly 2.

Birmingham TBA Belle Vue and Buxton away 7 points finishing them on: 70.

Cradley:

Kent away 0

Stoke home 3

Stoke away 1

Buxton away 3

Belle vue away 0

An extra 7 points putting the heathens on 38

Mildenhall

Rye house away 1 point

Kings Lynn home 3 points finishing mildenhall on 34

Kings Lynn stars

Iow away 1 point

Rye house away 1 point

Eastbourne away 0

Mildenhall away 1 point

Rye house 3 points

Then still to face belle vue Buxton away Eastbourne at home in which I think they'd get 7 out of but excluding this would mean kings Lynn finish on: 31 possibly 38.

Lastly belle vue

Colts v Buxton home 3 points

Colts v Coventry away 3 points

Eastbourne v colts away 0

Colts v cradley home 3 points

Colts v Coventry home 3 points

Colts v kings Lynn - if can fit it in 3 points. 12 possibly 15 putting the colts on: 41 / possibly 44

So top 6 finishing in:

Buxton 70

Eastbourne 58

Kent 57

Belle Vue 41

Cradley 38

Mildenhall 34

But this is speedway and I'm probably way off lol

Buxton 70!!

I think the SCB are going to have to alter a lot of results!!!

Sorry birmingham i don't think Buxton have reached 70 across the last 4 seasons added together lol

So assuming you are right and apart from Eastie and Kent possibly being the other way around, you probably are, who will Brum chose for the semi final? Belle Vue I would guess. So, who will be in the final?

I think if birmingham beat Kent in ko cup this wek they will go Kent again

That one result correct so far Cradley lose at Kent.

I think if birmingham beat Kent in ko cup this wek they will go Kent again

That one result correct so far Cradley lose at Kent.

I don't think they'll choose Kent, imagine they would see them as the most likely team to beat Eastie if possible as I would imagine they'd rather meet Kent in the final than Eastbourne.

• Like 1

Think you are right. Eastbourne at home on a good day can cause a lot of damage so i would think Brum will go for Belle Vue/Cradley.

A lot will swing on who Birmingham get as guest at number 1? Davey or Wilson look most likely although if the Colts don't make the play offs they can have Bewley!

It's a no brainer, they are sure to take Belle Vue or Cradley. More away support for close/local derby and certain win.

The big battle is who will they face in the final. With Perks improvement and reserves developing it could me a terrific battle with the Kings. Added benefit of another local derby and a good gate.

As regards the final, it has always been Birmingham's to lose and that situation has not changed. Their initial heat leaders may have struggled this season but the second strings have been excellent. What inspired them to pick Hume and Bacon I don't know,added to the reserves which we all knew would win it for them makes them invincible.

It's a no brainer, they are sure to take Belle Vue or Cradley. More away support for close/local derby and certain win.

The big battle is who will they face in the final. With Perks improvement and reserves developing it could me a terrific battle with the Kings. Added benefit of another local derby and a good gate.

As regards the final, it has always been Birmingham's to lose and that situation has not changed. Their initial heat leaders may have struggled this season but the second strings have been excellent. What inspired them to pick Hume and Bacon I don't know,added to the reserves which we all knew would win it for them makes them invincible.

I was impressed with Bacon around Perry Barr last year, always thought it looked a good signing based on at the very least an increase in his home average but to put the best part of 3 points on is a great result for him and the Brummies

• Like 1

So top 6 finishing in:

Buxton 70

Eastbourne 58

Kent 57

Belle Vue 41

Cradley 38

Mildenhall 34

Buxton need something to cheer them up this season, even if it's only a good laugh.

Edited by uk martin

I was unfortunate to be at the first playoff in the elite league when Eastbourne lost it to Wolves having been the best team all season, it was such a disappointment after a great year. I'm glad we're where we are in the playoffs, as has been said it's Birmingham's to lose and the other's to win. Having said that still think last year's system of the team who came top won the league, then the end of season gold cup was probably the fairest and correct way. Only thing is if we do win it, I suppose it makes up for the hurt 14 year's ago!

• Like 1

At the moment we only have one reserve and a number 8.