British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

What about dropping Douglas too? Personally don't see what all the hype Scunthorpe have about him, yes he has had a few injuries since he has been over here but he looks pretty average in my opinion

To balance you comment; it may well be that Ryan moves on to develop his career; but just you watch when he does we'll be looking at it and questioning why we let him go. He has it in his locker to be another off the Aussie production line of top riders he just needs to believe in himself more. Not sure how much riding the GTR has come into this; only Ryan & his team can tell us that ?. Its confidence is speedway; when you have it you can beat them all when your running low; it drags you down.

Edited by the outsider

I remember being at Sheffield when Brady Kurtz ran Ryan into the fence at turn one, i think he broke his leg and dislocated his hip, i don't think he's been the rider he can be since then, he came back from the injury and used the inside line quite a lot, when he actually used to use all the track before the injury.

So yes, confidence must play a major role.

Edited by sharpandroid

Ryan might just need to follow the likes of the Worrall twins and Thomas Jørgensen move away from Scunny get some track time elsewhere and further his career perhaps even return to Scunthorpe in the future.

You could even use MPT as an example he left Scunthorpe rode for a different team for a while came back and now look at him he's a lot better then he was first time round minus the spell at reserve in 2012

I remember being at Sheffield when Brady Kurtz ran Ryan into the fence at turn one, i think he broke his leg and dislocated his hip, i don't think he's been the rider he can be since then, he came back from the injury and used the inside line quite a lot, when he actually used to use all the track before the injury.

So yes, confidence must play a major role.

Yeah it's crossed my mind about that; he was quoted as saying that when he came back after that injury he took a more 'cautious' approach to his racing and more along the lines of; was it necessary to go for the gap now; or weigh it up first?. That's not a bad idea to be fair; but so often its the gambles that pay the dividends in races; and racers will out. If you try to reign it in; very often the opportunity is gone. If you have been out injured when you do comeback you want to stay fit; because you want to ride. So no criticism from me for Ryan; we want to see him on track. He'll get it sorted he's a racer.

I was at Redcar & spoke to Ryan in the pits & he said that they(he & his mechanic) are still work in progress. Dave Peet said to us that Ryan just has to believe in himself again. Going by those comments then I would assume that he is still trying with the GTR & has to believe in his backroom staff.

Reece was a big loss as he was well respected by other riders & in demand whenever he was free but he has now moved on to pastures new to the top end doing Sweden, Poland & the GP's

I was at Redcar & spoke to Ryan in the pits & he said that they(he & his mechanic) are still work in progress. Dave Peet said to us that Ryan just has to believe in himself again. Going by those comments then I would assume that he is still trying with the GTR & has to believe in his backroom staff.

Reece was a big loss as he was well respected by other riders & in demand whenever he was free but he has now moved on to pastures new to the top end doing Sweden, Poland & the GP's

no disrespect to anyone ironscorpion but the mechanic doesn't ride the bike that down to the rider himself, in Ryan's case he chooses what line's to take and how fast he wants to go not the mechanic. I was at Redcar and I am sure I recognise Ryan's mechanic was he not a former rider himself? I am sure he knows his stuff, it's down to Ryan he just needs a break. A good rider doesn't go bad overnight and I am sure Ryan will turn it around.

Ryan will turn it around as he has the backing of everyone. Ryan once said all he does is turn up, ride the bike and had faith & trust by telling Reece what was happening for Reece to make the adjustments accordingly. From what I have been told, the new mechanics name is Adam but not sure of his background as a mechanic or ex rider.

We could change & go similar to Berwick & go for a big no1 like Kurtz or Bellego but looking to accommodate Nielsen later, I would think it could be along the lines of bringing in Berge to do 4H4A, his average should then drop bringing in Nielsen later with another change.

We could end up looking like Palm Toft, Douglas, Berge, Nielsen, Kerr, Aarnio, Wallner.

Can someone clear something up for me ? - can we include Stefan Nielsen as the direct replacement for Josh Bailey ? and how do we arrive at that ? Wallner/Aarnio will just about case the place if we can !

Edited by the outsider

Can someone clear something up for me ? - can we include Stefan Nielsen as the direct replacement for Josh Bailey ? and how do we arrive at that ? Wallner/Aarnio will just about case the place if we can !

No, but we could do fritz for wilko and berge for auty, then when berge gets his new average after a couple of meetings get Stefan in for Bailey.

No, as the re-declaration takes us above 40 points. It has to be like for like or same plus the points available up to 40.

The last change in our averages took place from 29/5 & had us at 39.83 with Bailey at 2.53. This gives us a change of 2.70

file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/Q297OGZ3/c17_issue_17%20(1).pdf

Here are some short informations about the condition of Fritz. Fritz has got removed his plaster and a screw today. He will still have a check up next Thursday and he is going to practise with the bike on Saturday for the first time. He had a lot of workouts to stay fit during the spare time and is ready to race again in England around the 18th or 19th of June