British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

Just checked on twitter@ roryschlein he has signed for the Eagles, a club that races at home on a sunday.

Think you will find that Saturday night is Eastbourne's preferred night unless they have changed it for 2017. But Roary Schlein riding national league , its not april 1st

Edited by New era Panthers

Think you will find that Saturday night is Eastbourne's preferred night unless they have changed it for 2017. But Roary Schlein riding national league , its not april 1st

The world doesn't revolve around British Speedway haha, he has signed for Klub Orzel in Poland

Just checked on twitter@ roryschlein he has signed for the Eagles, a club that races at home on a sunday.

In the National League? Or will the Eagles move up after the NL AGM? Are they allowed to do that now?

It's Orzel Klub in poland

The world doesn't revolve around British Speedway haha, he has signed for Klub Orzel in Poland

It's Orzel Klub in Poland

Thanks guys

I have commented that we need to assemble a team where the nucleus of the team could move up with us to the Premiership. If we can challenge and I believe we can; we need to put the building blocks in place. We don't want to be faced with signing a complete new team if we got promoted. So the likes of Josh Auty, Ryan Douglas, Lewis Kerr, MPT (who for me can be a Championship No1 in 2017) and Fritz Wallner all fit that into that category. Josh Bailey on a 2+ average is a 'give me' and then I would look at the likes of Stefan Nielsen who really progressed in the Elite and PL in 2016. That team ticks the entertainment box and all can improve and comes within the 40 point limit.

I just cannot see us throwing money and points on a 'big hitter' because realistically who would that be ?. If your going for it then Chris Harris is available !. But I just don't see the management jeapordising the club financially. If we go for Ben Barker fine but; his nigh 8 point average limits the bottom of the team further and for me he is not the rider he once was. Due in some part to injury mind. I do not think we got carried away with the team at the end of last season. By luck more than design we arrived at a good 1-7 that proved it has great potential certainly the likes of Lewis Kerr, MPT and Fritz Wallner will have no worries getting fixed up elsewhere if we look elsewhere. These are riders our opponents will covert and we should be in the box seat for doing deals with them for 2017. It all points to me for us to show confidence in our good work in the second half of last season and give that team it's 'head'. Add a 5+ rider and Stefan Nielsen must be in with a shout? and I believe we will reap the rewards next season.

That said if we did opt for Ben Barker as a potential 'big hitter' I came up with

Ben Barker 7.91

Josh Auty 7.10

Ryan Douglas 7.18

Lewis Kerr 6.16

Fritz Wallner5.00

Rob Branford 4.60

Josh Bailey 2.05

Total 40.00

Branford is a rider who goes well at Scunny and could step up next season. With Rye House going up he will be looking for a Championship ride. Hopefully Ben Barker would give us the ability to go other tracks and with Ryan and Big Josh have three riders to take on the opposition top three. Then in Lewis and Fritz have two more riders capable of hitting the big points. Come to think of it that's not a bad line up at all ! and just within the reduced 40 point maximum ..infact bang on it !

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

Guest Scunny2012

Still hope that Palm Toft is included could be a no 1 although all the teams that are put together on here seem to be made up without him so maybe they know something i don't ,not keen on Alex Davies being brought back as suggested by one poster.

Edited by Scunny2012

Been saying for ages we really do need a big hitter who can reliably take on the the opposition no 1's around their own patch. Still in the absence of same then l don't see too much wrong with: Ryan, Josh A, MPT, Lewis K, Alex (fully fit), Fritz and Josh B. I think that just fits in under 40pts and taking Lewis at a revised 5.98.

Been saying for ages we really do need a big hitter who can reliably take on the the opposition no 1's around their own patch. Still in the absence of same then l don't see too much wrong with: Ryan, Josh A, MPT, Lewis K, Alex (fully fit), Fritz and Josh B. I think that just fits in under 40pts and taking Lewis at a revised 5.98.

You know me a big 'Thunder Davies' advocate but is he (through no fault of his own) more of a gamble ? and where has Lewis's average dipped to 5.98 ? Someone else had him down under the 6.16 he supposedly finished on according BSPA figures.

You know me a big 'Thunder Davies' advocate but is he (through no fault of his own) more of a gamble ? and where has Lewis's average dipped to 5.98 ? Someone else had him down under the 6.16 he supposedly finished on according BSPA figures.

The averages that people were quoting did not take into account the away match at Newcastle, which took place after the cut-off for the October Green Sheet averages.

The BSPA website now has the final averages.

All the best

Rob

The averages that people were quoting did not take into account the away match at Newcastle, which took place after the cut-off for the October Green Sheet averages.

The BSPA website now has the final averages.

All the best

Rob

Cheers Rob ..back to the drawing board for me I guess... phew !

Right l'll say it now, if Alex is fully fit to comeback & ride then whoever takes him on that average will win the league!

Not many people including wilko in the team for next year if it's a choice rather him than Alex as thought he was a stronger option in all positions

Right l'll say it now, if Alex is fully fit to comeback & ride then whoever takes him on that average will win the league!

A fit Alex Davies on 5.41 and its literally 'daylight robbery' agreed.

Not many people including wilko in the team for next year if it's a choice rather him than Alex as thought he was a stronger option in all positions

He was last season because it seemed to me that Alex was playing 'catch up' when the had season started and was needing to get fit when he should have kept himself in shape close season. If he came back over his back injury and fully fit; he could add +2 to that 5.41 average. As Broadsider say's if he's fit; whoever gets him in (at reserve) on that average would be real contenders.

Given the 40 point limit I cannot see a team with Wilko, Lewis Kerr and MPT in it ?; and have the top end in decent shape. Lewis's form was seriously impressive for us last season; and that's why I would take him over Wilko. MPT on 6.98 will easily be a top Championship rider in 2017.

Auty 7.01 + Douglas 7.18 + MPT 6.98 + LK 5.98 + JB 2.05 + FW 5.00 + AD 5.41 = 39.61 that's as decent as it gets under 40pts I would argue; and ALL of them can step it up in 2017.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1