British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Don't surprise me tbh! His missus and his ass lickers on Facebook aren't happy he's been sacked.... must be a minority as he's been pretty cack

his missus is a very nice lady the same as Hansen is a nice lad , even she was saying the other week what was he doing riding the inside , if Hansen had showed a bit form and wasn't injured ill so much Geds decision would have been a lot more difficult , it was a real no brainer

Edited by hans fan
  • Like 3

How anyone could argue against replacing any of Hansen, Ostergaard, Lambert or even Bacon is beyond me.

The worrying thing is that it's the second year on the trot we've blindly gone into a season with a strength in depth side hoping/expecting these riders will add a couple of points to their averages.

• Like 1

How anyone could argue against replacing any of Hansen, Ostergaard, Lambert or even Bacon is beyond me.

The worrying thing is that it's the second year on the trot we've blindly gone into a season with a strength in depth side hoping/expecting these riders will add a couple of points to their averages.

there is no point whatsoever in replacing lambert now he has a 3 average who's better ???, whos better than bacon ( shanes but I dare bet the whole league has tried to sign him ) what we also have to remember if it wasn't for lamberts and oystercards pea poor form we wouldn't have been able to sign harris ,

• Like 1

there is no point whatsoever in replacing lambert now he has a 3 average who's better ???, whos better than bacon ( shanes but I dare bet the whole league has tried to sign him ) what we also have to remember if it wasn't for lamberts and oystercards pea poor form we wouldn't have been able to sign harris ,

There's now better riders becoming available on similar/lower averages. It been mentioned by myself and a few others previously next week Tungate/Allen and Ellis could replace 2 out of that 3.

If we sign 2 of those 3 and line up as below that has to be better surely?

Harris

BWD

Tungate

Starke

Holder

Lambert

Ellis

Edited by Flappy

Theres an element of good luck required when a teams been assembled will they improve ave wise ,get no injuries, not suffer persistent mechanical lssues.

Redcar signed Ellis Perks on just over a 2pt ave hes now upto around 6 thats the luck you need, Lewis Kerr is flying at the moment but has struggled since his bad crash hes now looking the rider he was again , its not easy without the luck.

• Like 2

Theres an element of good luck required when a teams been assembled will they improve ave wise ,get no injuries, not suffer persistent mechanical lssues.

Redcar signed Ellis Perks on just over a 2pt ave hes now upto around 6 thats the luck you need, Lewis Kerr is flying at the moment but has struggled since his bad crash hes now looking the rider he was again , its not easy without the luck.

Of course not, however history suggests that Ostergaard is on the decline, Lambert was on an inflated 5.25 and Hansen was going to good at home and poor away.

A rider like Cameron Heeps for example looked a bargain on his average at the end of last season.

Edited by Flappy

Think your correct anyone with half a speedway brain would want Shanes , Witches looked but think at last count it was something like 15 matches he would miss. With you riding on Sundays it might have been even more with all his grass track .

Of course not, however history suggests that Ostergaard is on the decline, Lambert was on an inflated 5.25 and Hansen was going to good at home and poor away.

A rider like Cameron Heeps for example looked a bargain on his average at the end of last season.

A few did question the return of Heeps but he's been a star this season, should that at your place . Shame the management left him out of heat 15 when he was by far our quickest rider that day missing dirt deflector or not .

tbh Rathbone seems hopeless with a blank canvass to build a team, never known a promoter have to make so many changes just to compete... must cost him a fortune.
  • Like 1

tbh Rathbone seems hopeless with a blank canvass to build a team, never known a promoter have to make so many changes just to compete... must cost him a fortune.

Only the one change this year to be fair, and that was a no brainer. Who wouldn't have swapped a low scoring Hansen for Bomber ?

• Like 3

I'm sure that the management team all chip in. It's a collective decision without anyone specific at fault.

"Swales insists the latest pair of arrivals leave Panthers in the enviable position of having been able to attract all of their first-choice targets." - 8/12/16

Swales added: “When myself, Ged Rathbone and Carl Johnson first sat down as a management team a few weeks ago, this is the team we wanted to put together.

Edited by Crump99

Rathbone is no different to any other promotion who have a blank canvass to work with most will fail apart from one each season, he makes changes because he wants to be a winner who doesn't even Glasgow made changes last season .

• Like 2

Rathbone is no different to any other promotion who have a blank canvass to work with most will fail apart from one each season, he makes changes because he wants to be a winner who doesn't even Glasgow made changes last season .

True, Panthers have traditionally done nothing or made pointless like for like changes. Rathbone is different in that respect.

This is just a question for you Pboro fans.

Why did some of you want Holder to leave?? I thought he was doing quite well for you and perhaps the other day he was just not in the mood.

But Harris and Holder is good together in heat 13 and it also means Harris can give Holder some advice.

Ellis is a must look at target and Tungate. Ellis will come in to somewhere in the championship.

This is just a question for you Pboro fans.

Why did some of you want Holder to leave?? I thought he was doing quite well for you and perhaps the other day he was just not in the mood.

But Harris and Holder is good together in heat 13 and it also means Harris can give Holder some advice.

Ellis is a must look at target and Tungate. Ellis will come in to somewhere in the championship.

Holder has been one of the few shining lights at Peterborough this season , why would Panthers fans want him to leave ? I think you must have got your wires crossed somewhere.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 3