British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Good bit of business from P'Boro as long as they actually get the money, Jack Holder wanting to return to P'Boro bit strange for next year as he will be ready for Torun on Sundays?

• Like 1

Good bit of business from P'Boro as long as they actually get the money, Jack Holder wanting to return to P'Boro bit strange for next year as he will be ready for Torun on Sundays?

We would obviously change the race night. Jack Holder is box office and is a fans favourite.

PETERBOROUGH number one Jack Holder will miss the SGB Championship Fours tomorrow - with the blessing of club bosses.

The Australian ace had been due to lead the 'T Balfe Construction' Panthers quartet in their challenge for honours at the East of England Arena, but he has instead been given permission to race for Torun in a vital Polish Ekstraliga fixture.

Holder was initially allowed to race for the Polish side last Sunday when making a sparkling paid 16-point debut in a defeat at Leszno. Torun have turned to the 21 year-old to replace world champion Greg Hancock, who faces shoulder surgery.

Peterborough bosses have since been involved in discussions with their Torun counterparts for several days with a decision which benefits all parties eventually being made late last night.

Promoter Ged Rathbone said: "We have agreed with Torun that Jack can race for them tomorrow.

"We have to accept that we are simply a stepping stone in the career of a brilliant young rider.

"Jack has been a model professional from our very first phone call to him during the winter. He loves racing for Peterborough and he has already indicated that he wants to be back with us again next year.

"We feel as a club that after last night's result in which Sheffield won at Edinburgh, we will not now make the SGB Championship play-offs this season. Granted, it's still mathematically possible, but we feel it is a slim chance at most.

"Ourselves, Torun and Jack have come to an agreement that suits us all. Torun did initially ask us to release Jack for the rest of 2017, but the rider himself refused that.

"Depending on Torun's results, we will continue to assess the situation going forward. We may be prepared to allow him to race for them on two further Sundays when we ride at Newcastle and Scunthorpe.

"I fully understand that some of our supporters may be disappointed that we are without Jack tomorrow in the Fours, but I ask them all to understand that the deal we've done is beneficial to all parties.

"I'm not going to expand on that, but I urge them to trust my judgement as they've always done since I stepped in to keep speedway going in Peterborough in late 2014."

Bradley Wilson-Dean will now step into the Peterborough team for the SGB Championship Fours along with Chris Harris, Paul Starke and captain Ulrich Ostergaard. Simon Lambert now acts as their reserve.

S0d the fans then?

• Like 1

PETERBOROUGH number one Jack Holder will miss the SGB Championship Fours tomorrow - with the blessing of club bosses.

The Australian ace had been due to lead the 'T Balfe Construction' Panthers quartet in their challenge for honours at the East of England Arena, but he has instead been given permission to race for Torun in a vital Polish Ekstraliga fixture.

Holder was initially allowed to race for the Polish side last Sunday when making a sparkling paid 16-point debut in a defeat at Leszno. Torun have turned to the 21 year-old to replace world champion Greg Hancock, who faces shoulder surgery.

Peterborough bosses have since been involved in discussions with their Torun counterparts for several days with a decision which benefits all parties eventually being made late last night.

Promoter Ged Rathbone said: "We have agreed with Torun that Jack can race for them tomorrow.

"We have to accept that we are simply a stepping stone in the career of a brilliant young rider.

"Jack has been a model professional from our very first phone call to him during the winter. He loves racing for Peterborough and he has already indicated that he wants to be back with us again next year.

"We feel as a club that after last night's result in which Sheffield won at Edinburgh, we will not now make the SGB Championship play-offs this season. Granted, it's still mathematically possible, but we feel it is a slim chance at most.

"Ourselves, Torun and Jack have come to an agreement that suits us all. Torun did initially ask us to release Jack for the rest of 2017, but the rider himself refused that.

"Depending on Torun's results, we will continue to assess the situation going forward. We may be prepared to allow him to race for them on two further Sundays when we ride at Newcastle and Scunthorpe.

"I fully understand that some of our supporters may be disappointed that we are without Jack tomorrow in the Fours, but I ask them all to understand that the deal we've done is beneficial to all parties.

"I'm not going to expand on that, but I urge them to trust my judgement as they've always done since I stepped in to keep speedway going in Peterborough in late 2014."

Bradley Wilson-Dean will now step into the Peterborough team for the SGB Championship Fours along with Chris Harris, Paul Starke and captain Ulrich Ostergaard. Simon Lambert now acts as their reserve.

His judgement is why the sport is in the mess that it is in,no consideration for British fans who pay the money.Poor.
  • Like 4

That does more damage than good for British Speedway setting a poor example for future riders from around the World.

Getting to the business end of the season and Peterborough just except Holder can swan off 4fvgdaq_th.gif

• Like 5

I reckon they'll let him miss the away fixtures at Newcastle and Scunny and have no facility.

Smashing for those two clubs, unless they get a cut of the Torun pay off?

Another shambles, handled deplorably by rider, club and the association.

• Like 5

The fans want to see the club in a healthy financial position.

Ged would have been stupid to have turned down the money.

So how much (if anything) is in the brown envelope? I would want to see the team that I paid each week to support. Like others say 'it's time all this nonsense was sorted', British Speedway shouldn't exist as a feeder for Poland, let them employ the Aussie directly.

Edited by foamfence
  • Like 1

I`ve always tried to support these ```shared`` events as it benefits British Spreedway,but when a particpating club is prepared to take a bung and de-valve the event ,not to mention shafting his own loyal paying fans,well they can stick it,ill stop home and keep my money

The BSPA should fine Rathbone for taking the bung and Holder banned for 28days

• Like 9

I`ve always tried to support these ```shared`` events as it benefits British Spreedway,but when a particpating club is prepared to take a bung and de-valve the event ,not to mention shafting his own loyal paying fans,well they can stick it,ill stop home and keep my money

The BSPA should fine Rathbone for taking the bung and Holder banned for 28days

Agree 100%

Well I have always fully backed Ged but I am not impressed one bit with this decision. What could have been a season saving day has now been ruined and I might not even bother going now. Holder can do one as well.

Agree 100%

so do I , that's me finished with panthers , Rathbone and the BSPA are robbing the paying public , hopefully the BSPA will have a big say and a big fine ,simply not on in any circumstances

• Like 2