British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Good luck with selling that progressive vision of the future.

It's easy for us all to find fault and have a good old moan about a sport that appears to be dying on it's feet , but nobody seems to have the answer to the problems that speedway is faced with, year on year we still are contesting the same problems, living in hope that BSPA will eventually come up with something that will revolutionary remedy improving the image whilst cutting costs without devaluing the standards of racing thus improving crowd levels. It will take a genius to sort out a solution , sadly I don't see it ever happening and we are faced with a watering down of the product whilst admission will eventually rise as attendances drop. Just can't see a bright light shining anywhere. Sad but that's how I see it.

The financial benefit of any watering down or price increase is always negated by the loss in revenue due to the number of fans who decide not to come anymore.

At least Ged Rathbone seems to understand this judging by his remarks at the recent fans forum.

• Like 1

may as well scrap the E/L and load the P/L with Brits and the non SGP riders based in the UK

Bomber Harris as Panthers number 1?

Racing on Sundays - highly unlikely I think.

He wants to ride PL rules permitting

what rules . oh , that 6.00 average thing and the gp riders not being allowed in the pl . thats two rules they will have to change then .

what rules . oh , that 6.00 average thing and the gp riders not being allowed in the pl . thats two rules they will have to change then .

not a GP rider.....

Both Lewis Bridger and Chris Harris have both said today that they need to ride both el an pl

I would be over the moon with Harris at No1.. and I would be devastated with Bridger at No1.

• Like 2

All Brits should be able to double up if they so wish.

• Like 2

I thought they were watering down the league. An ex gp rider isn't watering it down. With a lower points limit, Harris would be a big chunk gone

• Like 1

All Brits should be able to double up if they so wish.

I agree. I would however prefer Cook

tell you what, why don't we not bother about a future with the sport, just spend loads of money on getting the biggest names and have a 55 pt average, the crowds will come flocking back and there won't be any financial issues at any club .. job done