British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Rumours on the Ipswich thread that Newman was a priority signing for Ged but has now turned us down.

Anyone heard anything?

jessie j#pricetag

Rumours on the Ipswich thread that Newman was a priority signing for Ged but has now turned us down.

Anyone heard anything?

Maybe the terms he was offered didn't match those he got at Plymouth last season.

• Like 1

Maybe the terms he was offered didn't match those he got at Plymouth last season.

Maybe, interesting that Panthers are still running this year and Plymouth nearly closed.

Maybe, interesting that Panthers are still running this year and Plymouth nearly closed.

did ged say at the forum , panthers had been in touch with a couple of plymouth riders before panthers 2016 line up was confirmed , and that he wouldn't be able to pay nowhere near what plymouth had offered riders

A sound approach.

Ged obviously is happy to get his cheque book out but sticks to his guns over the limits he will go to.

Where others havent you see where it ends up. 👍👏

• Like 4

A sound approach.

Ged obviously is happy to get his cheque book out but sticks to his guns over the limits he will go to.

Where others havent you see where it ends up.

and here lies the reason so many teams are in the rubbish .. fair play to Ged.

I wish other teams would do the same so speedway could continue

• Like 1

Last winters team building was a disaster, I hope lessons have been learnt.

A sound approach.

Where others havent you see where it ends up.

he's had to get the big check book out to buy the club of the frosts ,

did ged say at the forum , panthers had been in touch with a couple of plymouth riders before panthers 2016 line up was confirmed , and that he wouldn't be able

to pay nowhere near what plymouth had offered riders

I can tell you now that's b /s in our case. Edited by KN1
  • Like 1

did ged say at the forum , panthers had been in touch with a couple of plymouth riders before panthers 2016 line up was confirmed , and that he wouldn't be able to pay nowhere near what plymouth had offered riders

I don't think it's any secret despite what others say

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

huh why?

were we not top of the league until injuries and team changes ? :blink:

• Like 1

And just maybe therein lies the difference between survival and failure by being prudent with terms offered.

And just maybe therein lies the difference between survival and failure by being prudent with terms offered.

yet you signed cook, bjerre, thomsen etc.... hardly the cheapest riders around.....its hardly prudent, its wealth.
  • Like 3

Not true Flying Panther is correct and we couldn't get a top NO1 at the time because there wasn't anybody available at the time. It wasn't the pre season team building that was wrong it was all the team changes that followed during the season

yet you signed cook, bjerre, thomsen etc.... hardly the cheapest riders around.....its hardly prudent, its wealth.

True , but they were only short term deals in the case of Bjerre and Thomsen and as far as I am aware Cook didn't demand exceptional money and was happy to be offered a team place , . and all riders wages were paid promptly nobody was left being owed money.

It's not often I stray to comment on other teams threads but Peterborough were doing quite well last season until they made radical team changes then it all went t*ts up and then they faded away to fall out of the playoffs?

• Like 1