British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Thanks for the replies on riders born in King's Lynn.

As I suspected, quite a few from West Norfolk but only a handful from within the town boundaries

Thanks for the replies on riders born in King's Lynn.

As I suspected, quite a few from West Norfolk but only a handful from within the town boundaries

6 then 😛

Nicklas is local lad. Lives Nordelph, drinks and eats Stow Bardolph, shops King's Lynn, Downham and Stow Bridge. Just happens to have been born in Herning. Norfolk accent coming along to. Lol

• Like 3

Nicklas is local lad. Lives Nordelph, drinks and eats Stow Bardolph, shops King's Lynn, Downham and Stow Bridge. Just happens to have been born in Herning. Norfolk accent coming along to. Lol

And I like his passion for the club too DWP.

Always speaks well and never negative of the club in public.

I think he should be club captain this season, no doubt about it for me.

And I like his passion for the club too DWP.

Always speaks well and never negative of the club in public.

I think he should be club captain this season, no doubt about it for me.

Nicklas will be visiting two schools in early March - King Edward VII in Lynn and Downham High school. Taking a bike to show and talk to the kids about his life riding for Lynn and 3 teams in Europe. Aim is to get them to pester Dad and Mum to take them to the speedway and see him race. I guess in each school a number of foreigners, so he can at least converse with them in either English, Danish, Swedish, German, Polish or Russian. Not many Brits can do that. He knows as many of us do, we need new blood coming to the Arena and hopefully this will be a start.

• Like 7

Nicklas will be visiting two schools in early March - King Edward VII in Lynn and Downham High school. Taking a bike to show and talk to the kids about his life riding for Lynn and 3 teams in Europe. Aim is to get them to pester Dad and Mum to take them to the speedway and see him race. I guess in each school a number of foreigners, so he can at least converse with them in either English, Danish, Swedish, German, Polish or Russian. Not many Brits can do that. He knows as many of us do, we need new blood coming to the Arena and hopefully this will be a start.

that is great news that Nicklas is going round schools as you say new blood is what every club needs I hope he can get some new fans hooked on the sport .

Thank you.

That made him a furrener (= from abroad). We forgave him:)

Actually, I don't think there wasn't a Lynn fan who didn't love him.

That made him a furrener (= from abroad). We forgave him:)

Actually, I don't think there wasn't a Lynn fan who didn't love him.

I can just about recall seeing him ride. As a small child I was taken as to have small he looked on a bike. In later years I remember him being a bit of a thorn in the side of Swindon whenever we visited Saddlebow Road.

Tiddler Turner was a great rider. Like a small child on a bike that was too big for him, he could just about touch the ground. When he started riding, he would carry so much speed he would either win the race, or fall off. It was usually one win to four falls to start with, then slowly he mastered the balance, until he would start winning more of his races. To see Tiddler in full flow, was a sight to behold! Fabulous memories of a great entertainer, he will always be one of my favourite Lynn riders.

• Like 4

Tiddler Turner was a great rider. Like a small child on a bike that was too big for him, he could just about touch the ground. When he started riding, he would carry so much speed he would either win the race, or fall off. It was usually one win to four falls to start with, then slowly he mastered the balance, until he would start winning more of his races. To see Tiddler in full flow, was a sight to behold! Fabulous memories of a great entertainer, he will always be one of my favourite Lynn riders.

Was he a gater? It does seem that the smaller riders have such exciting looking styles. The Moran brothers always spring to mind.

Was he a gater? It does seem that the smaller riders have such exciting looking styles. The Moran brothers always spring to mind.

As exciting as Tiddler was he should never ever be compared with either of the Moran brothers . Morans were both class riders in an era when the yanks ruled the world. Whether they gated or from the back both were world class . Turner never reached them levels. Hindered by his size he gave 110% all the time. His gating was nothing special, nor was his ability from the back, but it was his effort that the fans warm too. In the 10 yrs he rode for the Stars he started off as a Reserve, progressing to 2nd string before reaching the dizzy heights of a heat leader with Betts and Lee. He won a lot of points with his way-out style and if the truth be known the chasing riders chicken out trying to pass for fear of not knowing where he was going.

Tiddler was not a maximum man, but could sometimes be a match winner. What you always got was magic entertainment that enticed the fans....

We could sure do with a few more like him , now....

• Like 2