British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Who said we are, the UK wouldn't use Wednesdays as their main day because of this very reason surely?

• Like 1

The Danish league ride on different nights anyway not just Wednesdays. Personally I'd not want Puk back unless he was committed to every single fixture.

The Danish league ride on different nights anyway not just Wednesdays. Personally I'd not want Puk back unless he was committed to every single fixture.

Me too mate.... As good as he is, when you agree for your top man to ride if and when, it gives a bad message to the rest of the team.

We want riders who are prepared to ride every match....

Perhaps he'd be at all the fixtures you come to haha 😉

We all know he never committed to all fixtures last year, he was only ever going to race half the season, the management were happy to contract him for the rest of the year even if he was gonna miss a few....

I thought the top Danish league rode mainly Wednesdays?

• Like 1

Most Danish teams ride Wednesdays, exception is Varde Outrup who ride fridays. I hope we keep to Thursdays, but this clashes with many Premier league clubs and then would restrict us with any riders doubling up.

• Like 1

So Danny King has signed.

I had a feeling this team was going to change the most on paper.

Wouldn't be surprised if Robert Lambert was last man standing from this year.

I also feel sorry for Niels. If he wants to ride five leagues or whatever and earn a lot of money, what right does a national league have to say no you can't. It is disgusting.

• Like 2

So Danny King has signed.

I had a feeling this team was going to change the most on paper.

Wouldn't be surprised if Robert Lambert was last man standing from this year.

I also feel sorry for Niels. If he wants to ride five leagues or whatever and earn a lot of money, what right does a national league have to say no you can't. It is disgusting.

they have no right to stop riders earning money and that's why it won't happen if it's challenged in a court it would be illegal -

Who said we are, the UK wouldn't use Wednesdays as their main day because of this very reason surely?

from what I hear reverting back to Wednesday nights is most likely . Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

I have no doubt that we changed race nights merely to facilitate Niels riding for us last year. If what we hear is true about Danny king joining the Stars, then it would be conceivable our race nights could be reverting back to Wednesday. This development answers 2 questions: 1, Will there be a specific BEL race nights, and 2, Will Neils be riding for Lynn this year and the answer to both is surely NO. Have no problem with either but it will be interesting to see what these drastic changes are going to be..... and what effect they are likely to make...

I have no doubt that we changed race nights merely to facilitate Niels riding for us last year. If what we hear is true about Danny king joining the Stars, then it would be conceivable our race nights could be reverting back to Wednesday. This development answers 2 questions: 1, Will there be a specific BEL race nights, and 2, Will Neils be riding for Lynn this year and the answer to both is surely NO. Have no problem with either but it will be interesting to see what these drastic changes are going to be..... and what effect they are likely to make...

If Danny has signed and he is still doubling up/down with Ipswich then you would have to change race night as he cant be in 2 places at the same time.

• Like 1

Big worry for Coventry fans if true after him trying for so long to join Coventry.

His interview Friday for Ipswich said he was hoping to ride for Coventry next year so who knows.

It was Chris Harris that was strongly rumoured to King's Lynn a couple of weeks ago unless he's now turned them down.

Although just a rumour I was told last week that Bomber may be at Poole in 2017. Surprised at this rumour about King though.

• Like 1

Although just a rumour I was told last week that Bomber may be at Poole in 2017. Surprised at this rumour about King though.

That would really be like sticking his fingers up at Coventry fans. King's Lynn was the rumour a few weeks ago so guess we will have to see. It's that funny time of year.

As for king, I would be surprised esp as it was only Friday that he was interviewed in the Ipswich paper and said about wanting to be with Ipswich and Coventry again next year if rules allowed

That would really be like sticking his fingers up at Coventry fans. King's Lynn was the rumour a few weeks ago so guess we will have to see. It's that funny time of year.

As for king, I would be surprised esp as it was only Friday that he was interviewed in the Ipswich paper and said about wanting to be with Ipswich and Coventry again next year if rules allowed

To be honest Kings average isn't that attractive but with decent heat leaders probably in short supply it would likely be a mistake to let him go. Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

1. Harris

2. Batchelor

3. King

4. Morris

5. Lambert

6. Kerr

7. Rose

Nick Morris?? I can MJJ riding for King's needs a big track to get back in GP's

1. Harris

2. Batchelor

3. King

4. Morris

5. Lambert

6. Kerr

7. Rose

gawd 'elp us if the first 4 of those are all Stars next year :shock: ......

would be a good PL side tho :D

• Like 1