Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

KK and Hans are better than Holder and Lambert

End of season averages would suggest otherwise :approve:

KK and Hans are better than Holder and Lambert

Not in 2016 they weren't.

Holder 8.95 and Lambert 7.08 is a stronger option than

KK 7.91 and Hans 7.15.

What they might do in 2017 however is open to speculation.

Glad we cleared that up :t:

Well said ............ a few of em acting like spoilt brats now that their much esteemed No1 looks like he may ride elsewhere ............... all of a sudden he becomes crap in their eyes!

If Holder does sign for KL there won't be many that beat him at the NA that's for sure ................. as already mentioned he's always been dynamite around the KL track!

No one said he was crap but I did point out he struggled in first half the season (by his standards anyway). So was questioning the 'maximums every week' comment, which is untrue.

Some of the comments appearing on these pages are unreal. Posters questioning the status of Chris Holder as if he was mear club racer. Chris Holder is a World Class rider, probably ranked in the top 5 of the world. There are few equal to his talent, and KK and Andersen don't come into that category. Ok he may have struggled with his form early on last year, but didn't he come back really strong. Considering the physical and mental problems he's had to endure in recent years I would suggest he has recovered remarkably well.

I for one think Matt Ford has dropped a real clanger. With Chris Doyle recovering from a bad injury, No NKI, No Zagar, No AJ, I see Holder being top spot and filling his boots every meeting.

There's an old saying: 'You don't kill the Goose that lays a Golden Egg' and that's what Ford has done by getting rid of him.....

• Like 4

Some of the comments appearing on these pages are unreal. Posters questioning the status of Chris Holder as if he was mear club racer. Chris Holder is a World Class rider, probably ranked in the top 5 of the world. There are few equal to his talent, and KK and Andersen don't come into that category. Ok he may have struggled with his form early on last year, but didn't he come back really strong. Considering the physical and mental problems he's had to endure in recent years I would suggest he has recovered remarkably well.

I for one think Matt Ford has dropped a real clanger. With Chris Doyle recovering from a bad injury, No NKI, No Zagar, No AJ, I see Holder being top spot and filling his boots every meeting.

There's an old saying: 'You don't kill the Goose that lays a Golden Egg' and that's what Ford has done by getting rid of him.....

He's hardly layed the golden egg .. overall he was poor for Poole ...he should filled his boots the last few years rather than the poor scores he put in most of the time for a rider of his talent ...most of the time he's looked likes he not putting the effort in .

Edited by orion

And there is also an old saying that goes by 'the proof is in the pudding' and if Poole finish ahead of Kings Lynn, we know they were right and you were wrong.

Results mean everything and by the sound of reading articles on here and the Star it's hardly like they have fallen out.

Edited by Joe Beevers

He's hardly layed the golden egg .. overall he was poor for Poole ...he should filled his boots the last few years rather than the poor scores he put in most of the time for a rider of his talent ...most of the time he's looked likes he not putting the effort in .

Everyone knows the issues Holder's had over the last few seasons, from 2013.

Last season he showed he'd turned a corner and getting back to somewhere near his best

• Like 1

Last season he showed he'd turned a corner and getting back to somewhere near his best

His problems are he only tries every now and then ....he's the sort person /rider who is always going to be like that . some nights he just can't be arsed . Hence why Ford got rid

And there is also an old saying that goes by 'the proof is in the pudding' and if Poole finish ahead of Kings Lynn, we know they were right and you were wrong.

Not necessarily.

So many factors to consider with the main one, injuries.

There's not many teams that end a season with the same 1-7

We will see, considering he still has personal stuff going on, it may still affect him. Chris was good in GPs and Poland but not great in UK last year. Maybe he'll do better next year, he bloomin' well should in this league!

His problems are he only tries every now and then ....he's the sort person /rider who is always going to be like that . some nights he just can't be arsed . Hence why Ford got rid

Same as Kk then
  • Like 1

so they sign a rider in KK who is exactly the same if not worse in looking like he can't be bothered sometimes!

What tripe you type! (as per normal) ................ so everything that KL achieve (or don't as the case maybe) will in your eyes be down to Chris Holder (IF he signs for KL) ................ I think you will find that there are seven riders in a team!

Results mean everything and by the sound of reading articles on here and the Star it's hardly like they have fallen out.

So you believe everything you read in "articles" do you? Do you believe in Santa as well?

so they sign a rider in KK who is exactly the same if not worse in looking like he can't be bothered sometimes!

It's not about who is the better no1. It is about having a more balanced side. Having KK means having 1.5 points extra. Why is that so hard to understand?
  • Like 2

What tripe you type! (as per normal) ................ so everything that KL achieve (or don't as the case maybe) will in your eyes be down to Chris Holder (IF he signs for KL) ................ I think you will find that there are seven riders in a team!

So you believe everything you read in "articles" do you? Do you believe in Santa as well?

Hmm. Never seen you before or seen you comment on any of my posts especially with the saying 'as per normal'.

I would hazard a guess as we have never commented on each others posts, your one of these doodahs with two accounts on here. I don't know why some of you simpletons bother with all this?

Anyway in response, it's just an opinion and there is no need to be so defensive and get your swimwear in a twist.

Its pretty obvious that any average over 12 is going to seriously hamper a side. That is simple math. If they can build a good side with Holder than fair play.

Again a very aggressive attitude in regards to the next section. Unlike a national newspaper, the Speedway Star actually quotes word for word what the rider says so yes I do believe in it like when a newspaper sports journalist states that Harris has signed for Rye House.

Or don't you believe anything you read? Maybe you don't read and that's the issue.