British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Often. No idea what they are saying but they have an infectious way of presenting.

But then I'm a fan of Nigel and Kelvin presenting too.

I know and I have no idea what Nige & Kelv are on about either!! ;)

I think the idea of a wireless broadcaster is a good one, someone like Rob Butler off of Radio Naaarfolk could do a good job.

Often. No idea what they are saying but they have an infectious way of presenting.

But then I'm a fan of Nigel and Kelvin presenting too.

The one with the wart on her chin Daria is it, she is pretty good and knows her stuff.

if that is the case I can't see who we are going to sign . We will be extremely lucky to sign a no7 on the points we have available that's going to do little more than make the numbers up

Tbh, given the average rider will drop by 15%, you need your number 7 to average 1.7 to be doing their job. They will likely have only 3 rides, so if they can score 1.5 pwr meeting at home and 1 away then they are effectively riding "to their average." I'd say that's achievable for someone like bailey, given that most other teams will have a weak number 7.

Tbh, given the average rider will drop by 15%, you need your number 7 to average 1.7 to be doing their job. They will likely have only 3 rides, so if they can score 1.5 pwr meeting at home and 1 away then they are effectively riding "to their average." I'd say that's achievable for someone like bailey, given that most other teams will have a weak number 7.

I think there are going to be a few surprises when the first set of figures become the level of the reality especially after the loading of 1.4 is taken away from Elite averaged riders. The teams with the majority of 'Premier' riders will stay fairly stagnate to level they started, the season, whereas those teams employing Elite riders , more likely than not, will see their total figure reduced . It will be interesting to see how the BSPA see this in the terms of creating a new points level for future rider changes...,

Another query regarding riders and their averages: When we have passed into first new set of points scheduling period and riders need to be replaced for whatever reason, am I right in thinking that all new riders of elite standing will be subject to the 1.4 loading that the other riders were calculated too, at the start.

Technically they should be, Because our teams are made up using PL averages, any replacement used, who have no PL scores has to bring his CMA in line with everybody else......

I think there are going to be a few surprises when the first set of figures become the level of the reality especially after the loading of 1.4 is taken away from Elite averaged riders. The teams with the majority of 'Premier' riders will stay fairly stagnate to level they started, the season, whereas those teams employing Elite riders , more likely than not, will see their total figure reduced . It will be interesting to see how the BSPA see this in the terms of creating a new points level for future rider changes...,

Another query regarding riders and their averages: When we have passed into first new set of points scheduling period and riders need to be replaced for whatever reason, am I right in thinking that all new riders of elite standing will be subject to the 1.4 loading that the other riders were calculated too, at the start.

Technically they should be, Because our teams are made up using PL averages, any replacement used, who have no PL scores has to bring his CMA in line with everybody else......

It's all going to be very confusing, one promoter has said (think it was Louis) it will be 4 home 4 away league fixtures (exc KOC) to gain an average.

In the Premiership if a rider needs replacing prior to the 4x4 then the PL or EL x1.4 remains.

once the 4x4 is completed it's 'then as you were', the Premiership will use EL averages.

We could (although not likely at all) have a situation where Somerset's Tungate hits a 9 average and he gets replaced by Sayfutdinov.

What hasn't been mentioned is if a Premiership club signs a Championship rider after the 4x4 and visa versa will there be a conversion required.

There should be because after the 4x4 the 2 leagues are then running different sets of averages.

Although I assume Bailey would have been announced by now if he was the number 7, it would be a little ironic that Holder's average was supposedly too high for Poole but you could fit him into what would be a strong side with over a point to spare.

That is because Kings Lynn have a different pool of riders to pick from.

It's all going to be very confusing, one promoter has said (think it was Louis) it will be 4 home 4 away league fixtures (exc KOC) to gain an average.

In the Premiership if a rider needs replacing prior to the 4x4 then the PL or EL x1.4 remains.

once the 4x4 is completed it's 'then as you were', the Premiership will use EL averages.

We could (although not likely at all) have a situation where Somerset's Tungate hits a 9 average and he gets replaced by Sayfutdinov.

What hasn't been mentioned is if a Premiership club signs a Championship rider after the 4x4 and visa versa will there be a conversion required.

There should be because after the 4x4 the 2 leagues are then running different sets of averages.

You can bet all you like that one person has already worked out how to fully exploit any loopholes! :nono::lol:

Covered by the ruling on replacements only possible till end of July, unless due to injury.

I thought it was confirmed that 42 would be the points limit for re declarations.

Puzzled as to why you think pl average based riders will maintain their average better than El riders.

Once the first averages are out, I would assume new riders (with existing El average) would need to come in on something like a 1.25 conversion.

For kl I expect first set of averages to be something like holder 10.5 lambert 8.5 batch 8 Porsing 6 rose 4.5 huckenbeck 5.5 bailey 1.5

Edited by waihekeaces1

I thought it was confirmed that 42 would be the points limit for re declarations.

Puzzled as to why you think pl average based riders will maintain their average better than El riders.

Once the first averages are out, I would assume new riders (with existing El average) would need to come in on something like a 1.25 conversion.

For kl I expect first set of averages to be something like holder 10.5 lambert 8.5 batch 8 Porsing 6 rose 4.5 huckenbeck 5.5 bailey 1.5

I'd go along with them KL predictions, but that come to a few more than 42 you mentioned....

Puzzled?? My thinking was the PL rider has an average gained against mostly PL riders, who they race every week in the PL league. so bearing in mind there are not many EL only riders per team, it would be imagined their score would be similar to what they have been given. As the teams were assembled to a 50 pt limit, I cant imagine a team full of PL riders would drop that much... You say a limit has already been decided at 42, then it has obviously been forecast that those riders are going to drop the score significantly. Cant see that. 2 or 3 pts probably, but 8 is excessive.

Teams made up with loaded EL averages are a different proposition. They will lose their 1.4 loading and will expect to make the aver up riding against lesser competition. Top riders like Holder, Doyle, Lindgren should make up that loading, but lesser EL riders will find it very hard indeed to make up the difference.. This will show when those new figures become available.

I hope that new riders are treated the same as the one's already earmarked to ride. The last thing we want to see is 'Ringers' brought in to fill loop holes that have been overlooked.

I'd go along with them KL predictions, but that come to a few more than 42 you mentioned....

Puzzled?? My thinking was the PL rider has an average gained against mostly PL riders, who they race every week in the PL league. so bearing in mind there are not many EL only riders per team, it would be imagined their score would be similar to what they have been given. As the teams were assembled to a 50 pt limit, I cant imagine a team full of PL riders would drop that much... You say a limit has already been decided at 42, then it has obviously been forecast that those riders are going to drop the score significantly. Cant see that. 2 or 3 pts probably, but 8 is excessive.

Teams made up with loaded EL averages are a different proposition. They will lose their 1.4 loading and will expect to make the aver up riding against lesser competition. Top riders like Holder, Doyle, Lindgren should make up that loading, but lesser EL riders will find it very hard indeed to make up the difference.. This will show when those new figures become available.

I hope that new riders are treated the same as the one's already earmarked to ride. The last thing we want to see is 'Ringers' brought in to fill loop holes that have been overlooked.

There are only so many points in a meeting though, not every team can average 47/48 it just isnt possible.

There are only so many points in a meeting though, not every team can average 47/48 it just isnt possible.

I appreciate that, that is why the 50 pts max to assemble a team to me was miles too high.... It was my believe all the riders CMA were too high, Using false figures from another league was the only option once the protected heats gave out them false averages...

I appreciate that, that is why the 50 pts max to assemble a team to me was miles too high.... It was my believe all the riders CMA were too high, Using false figures from another league was the only option once the protected heats gave out them false averages...

50 was not too high.

With the weighting it was really about 36 'in old money' so actually very low.

When the new averages come into force all 2016 meetings drop out of the calculation.

42 points is then the crude average for each side for a 45-45 draw (it will be skewed by some riders having 5 rides and others 3 but lets not complicate it too much!)

So in reality a drop from 50 to 42 and removing the 1.4 weighting is actually a rise in limit albeit just from a statistical mirage!

• Like 1

50 was not too high.

With the weighting it was really about 36 'in old money' so actually very low.

When the new averages come into force all 2016 meetings drop out of the calculation.

42 points is then the crude average for each side for a 45-45 draw (it will be skewed by some riders having 5 rides and others 3 but lets not complicate it too much!)

So in reality a drop from 50 to 42 and removing the 1.4 weighting is actually a rise in limit albeit just from a statistical mirage!

I don't get your calculations. when most teams have only a couple of EL riders the 'old money value' is way higher than your 36. You're getting mixed up with teams having 7 EL riders with loaded averages. we haven't had that for yonks!!!