British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
idh

Edinburgh V Somerset 16th Sept

I assume Ipswich are also there next Friday, seems a bit strange to have a double header, if Edinburgh lose they'll have plenty of spare dates to fit it in.

Nope just Peterborough next week Ipswich will be coming up at a later date.

So why bother with all the team changes?

I have no beef with Peterborough.... You have Cookie!!! BUT would it not have been better to agree to the fixture last night?

I understand you had riders missing but so did we

Forgive us but it is hard to understand why Peterborough made these team changes and then refuse to come to Edinburgh before the cut off. I guess they must've had their reasons but it doesn't make sense to me

I am not aPeterborough fan ,if you read my previous posts I have no sympathy for their situation,my point was referring to Cresent Girl saying you should just turn up to watch a match as long as there are 2 sets of riders .Why bother with leagues then,Promotions wonder why attendances are declining it's pretty obvious that this is one of the reasons.
  • Like 1

So why bother with all the team changes?

I have no beef with Peterborough.... You have Cookie!!! BUT would it not have been better to agree to the fixture last night?

I understand you had riders missing but so did we

Forgive us but it is hard to understand why Peterborough made these team changes and then refuse to come to Edinburgh before the cut off. I guess they must've had their reasons but it doesn't make sense to me

Agreed , Peterborough's decision not to make a supreme effort to get their visit to the West Lothian rainforest over and done with before the 19th is the most mystifying decision of the season . Even if they had to roll up with some guests and r/r , then so what - nothing ventured and all that .

Anyway when it does get run , the diddy team round of the play-offs should be an entertaining affair . Ipswich have improved out of all recognition recently and this tie is too close to call .

• Like 2

The reasoning given by Pboro is that no facility available as riders off to SEC and Pardubice meetings.

Therefore it wouldve been 4 NL riders not guests and r/r.

Can see there point but why sign riders who cant commit?

Seems all the eggs went in the basket marked 'win the 2 home meetings' which became a contender for the worlds largest omlette!

• Like 2

Agreed , Peterborough's decision not to make a supreme effort to get their visit to the West Lothian rainforest over and done with before the 19th is the most mystifying decision of the season . Even if they had to roll up with some guests and r/r , then so what - nothing ventured and all that .

Anyway when it does get run , the diddy team round of the play-offs should be an entertaining affair . Ipswich have improved out of all recognition recently and this tie is too close to call .

The fitness of Dan bewley riding or not will swing this tie IMO.

Scotsman, it may have escaped your attention, but it rains very other week up there, let's get this meeting done and dusted before the snow comes.

Champs v Ippo confirmed for Friday 30th September.

Wrong thread I know!!

The fitness of Dan bewley riding or not will swing this tie IMO.

Yes I would agree with that

In fact, this was an excellent meeting, a last-heat decider with some very good racing. Good entertainment for spectators who might be less-concerned with the make-up of the two teams and just enjoy watching the show.

Had to smile when it was announced that Peterborough had finally agreed to attend Armadale next Friday, too late for their hopes of making the play-offs.

In fact, this was an excellent meeting, a last-heat decider with some very good racing. Good entertainment for spectators who might be less-concerned with the make-up of the two teams and just enjoy watching the show.

Had to smile when it was announced that Peterborough had finally agreed to attend Armadale next Friday, too late for their hopes of making the play-offs.

I wasn't to amused finishing my holiday and going to a meeting with 6 guest's. I think I will give the speedway a miss for the rest of the season (Berwick have completed all matches).

The Peterborough rider's will have made travel arrangement's before they signed with Peterborough. Who would pay for them to change their plans?

• Like 1

Champs v Ippo confirmed for Friday 30th September.

Wrong thread I know!!

so now i know the date what else do i need.....

Day off Friday

Not to be on rota for Saturday

An umbrella as its in Edinburgh

Travelling companions

Hotel/B&B

Am extra £1 if i plan to pay cash on the day

Step ladder so i can see more than the riders heads (apparently)

Have i missed anything???

Day off Friday

Travelling companions

Hotel/B&B

Add another £1 if you pay on the day.There is a £2 difference. Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Add another £1 if you pay on the day.There is a £2 difference.

really? - I wont bother then!

Day off Friday

Travelling companions

Hotel/B&B

I take it this will be your first visit ,I think you're in for a culture shock

Add another £1 if you pay on the day.There is a £2 difference.

Add programme £2.80 and parking £2.00 and if you go to the local chippie just up the road they have the audacity to charge 4p for a manky plastic fork.

I take it this will be your first visit ,I think you're in for a culture shock

Add programme £2.80 and parking £2.00 and if you go to the local chippie just up the road they have the audacity to charge 4p for a manky plastic fork.

You really are a ray of sunshine.

• Like 1