British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

NBJ who got sacked off Peterborough is currently without a team but is guesting for Edward Kennet Rye House tonight so god knows how there allowing that

He's not without a team. He rides for King's Lynn (ocassionally).

Most importantly, he is in their named 7.

I didn't even know that. Still sounds pretty crazy but when it comes to British speedway nothing should surprise us

I didn't even know that thanks, still sounds pretty stupid to me but this is British speedway so nothing should surprise us

• Like 1

They actually haven't as both Ellis and Newman only have 5 point averages. Therefore only Starke has a lower average than them in the whole line up

Not according to the averages on speedway stats.co.uk.

Tungate, Starke and Jacobs are all lower.

Ellis is also 0.01 behind Morris.

Having attending every BLRC from1967 till the end of the Hyde Road era I cannot remember any No1 pulling out of the meeting other than injury.Its a sad state of affairs nowadays. There is no loyalty towards team or fans.Hyde Road once your found your spot on the terracing that was you for the night it was rammed packed.Changed days.!

• Like 9

I think the only future this meeting has is to run it at the start of the season like last year. At least it gives riders an opportunity for a good warm up for the coming season. There is a distinct sense of apathy tonight..

• Like 1

Having attending every BLRC from1967 till the end of the Hyde Road era I cannot remember any No1 pulling out of the meeting other than injury.Its a sad state of affairs nowadays. There is no loyalty towards team or fans.Hyde Road once your found your spot on the terracing that was you for the night it was rammed packed.Changed days.!

It's a changed world my friend and as we know, the money in speedway has shifted hands to the GPs and Poland.

Do the GP riders want to risk losing a lot of place money and sponsorship finances getting injured before the last GP, where the top prize in the ELRC is Jim Bowen walking out with a mini.

Perhaps it isn't worth their time. If the prize money was 200k, I bet every GP rider would come and ride over here just to get into the ELRC for the end of the season.

Edited by Joe Beevers
  • Like 1

The line up hasn't stopped having a decent crowd in tonight. Not too many spare seats in the grandstand and 1st-2nd bend and back straight well attended too.

• Like 3

Pooles No 6 reserve just beat Kings Lynns No 1 and GP rider in the first race on a neutral track and the No 7 got a second place.

Few red faces now of people saying they shouldn't be there.

Even Kennett and Masters are on 3 and Paul Starke is on 2.

I guess the so called PL riders who make it apparently look weak are showing up well.

And of course they never used the stupid semi final/final system in a one off meeting, its just plain nuts imo. A meeting that used to be more competitive than a World Final, and now they can't even run it with 16 riders...Shocking :cry:

• Like 5

Just to make mouths water for the old-timers, here’s the lineup we saw at Belle Vue in 1970.

Barry Briggs Swindon 13

Anders Michanek Newcastle 13

Eric Boocock Halifax 13

Ronnie Moore Wimbledon 12

Nigel Boocock Coventry 10

Ivan Mauger Belle Vue 10

Jim Airey Sheffield 9

Martin Ashby Exeter 7

Reidar Eide Wembley 7

Bernt Persson Cradley Heath 5

Ole Olsen Wolverhampton 5

Ray Wilson Leicester 5

Terry Betts Kings Lynn 4

Charlie Monk Glasgow 4

Olle Nygren West Ham 1

Hasse Holmqvist Oxford 1

Sandor Levai Newport 1

It was the highlight of the season in those days and you couldn’t wait to get your Belle Vue ticket.

• Like 4