British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

You missed the best race.

It was very similar to the PLRC at Sheffield. Very fast and almost entirely from the gate. Couple of good races towards the end.

Individual competitions have a tendency to be boring. Team speedway is always far more interesting.

it was the same at rye house tonight. A lot of fast chasing with a couple of passes thrown in for good measure. That's modern speedway for you, at the majority of tracks in this country.
  • Like 2

Just like to say, as a Poole fan, how proud I was of how our boys acquitted themselves. Adam claiming the scalps of NKI, Bomber and Nick Morris in his first race. 2nd in his 2nd the, then a fall in his third landing heavily on his knee. Gave it a go in his fourth but pulled up and withdrew from his last.

Kyle steady all night, beating Nicholls, Lambert, Harris and NKI. Just missed out on the semi on count back. Who knows what he could have achieved if only he had some ambition 😂

• Like 8

it was the same at rye house tonight. A lot of fast chasing with a couple of passes thrown in for good measure. That's modern speedway for you, at the majority of tracks in this country.

Wasn't like that at Workington.

Cracking meeting :approve:

Absolute garbage racing all night. I can remember 1 pass and that was Nilsson on Tungate. Was bored sh1tless after 8 heats.

• Like 2

Wasn't like that at Workington.

Cracking meeting :approve:

Indeed, it was a good meeting at Workington with passing in nearly every heat.

No way should they've had the MDL mtg before the ELRC, they HAD to produce a slick track for the boys hence it being useless for the top men .... ridiculous but I know why they did it.

Well that was fun. Not. I never thought a meeting could be as boring as the PLRC but my God. This made the PLRC look brilliant.

Where did that crowd come from. DIddnt expect that. Very big crowd.

Well done on kennett for winning the meeting and commiserations to Lindgren for only managing to win the consolation final. :)

Some good laughs with friends was the only reason I kept sain all night.

Sounds about right for the state that Coventry's track has been in this season.

You haven't been to Coventry this season then? Racing has generally been excellent.

The racing was marginally better last night than the World Cup race off at Belle Vue which was awful. Sometimes tracks are far too grippy which produce super fast tracks which the riders love to ride but don't provide any racing worth watching.

Had the track been poorly prepared with holes all over it it would have been a better meeting.

And the crowd turned up because it was on a Saturday night. The night speedway is meant to be staged at Coventry.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 1

Sorry state of affairs when people will turn up in numbers to watch a load of crap just because it will be six months before they can watch another load of crap, BSPA loving this.

• Like 2

Sorry state of affairs when people will turn up in numbers to watch a load of crap just because it will be six months before they can watch another load of crap, BSPA loving this.

The problem is you don't know when a meeting will be crap.

I didn't go to Sheffield assuming the PLRC would be crap or Belle Vue assuming the world cup race off would be crap, but they both were.

Some speedway meetings are crap, some are good. That has never changed.

• Like 2

so just to recap, a premier league rider who cant ride for his bread and butter team top scores againgst the best the elite can offer what a state this great sport has come too, my first blrc was at belle vue in 1972 compare that with last nights line up oh dear !!.why did poole send 2 reserves ?

Yep. Can't disagree with that. Bit disappointing really. Although I believe Kim Nilsson went past somebody at some point...

What the start marshall....

• Like 3

The tractors passed each other. I enjoyed that bit

• Like 1

No way should they've had the MDL mtg before the ELRC, they HAD to produce a slick track for the boys hence it being useless for the top men .... ridiculous but I know why they did it.

There was plenty of grip on the track. Hence Kennett and King recording 58 second times early on, which must be two of the fastest times of the season at Coventry.

The racing actually improved towards the end when it slickened off.

Some people think the race off at BV was bad because it was slick. It wasn't. It was bad because it was grippy.

Would be remiss of me not to mention the length of time Lindgren spent afterwards chatting to fans, signing autographs, posing for pix etc. I know it's easier when you're the winner, but he was there for such a long time and conducted himself with such grace and charm that I feel it really should be noted.

He's fantastic after meetings at Wolves too. Was just saying to somebody the other day how much more likeable and accessible speedway riders are to footballers for example, means that the younger fans can connect with them better.