British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Did he not spend a bit of time at her majestys pleasure in his younger days?

By asking a question?? just because hes a speedway rider dont mean we can discuss him on a forum... like anybody, in any walk of life surely?.

Looks more like a statement your looking for someone to confirm.

Would it not be better to discuss if he will start next season after his early finish last season due to ''injury'', the future is what's relevant.

Looks more like a statement your looking for someone to confirm.

Would it not be better to discuss if he will start next season after his early finish last season due to ''injury'', the future is what's relevant.

The question mark gives the game away, and no i felt it was relevant to the discussion about him... tbh i couldnt care less if he starts next season or not... its only speedway after all.

He would put posteriors on seats for sure, but can he be channeled correctly by George and co? IMO. the management would not sign him if they had any real uncertainty as to how to control him. Still would prefer to keep Lambert though, or a return of Trevor?

• Like 1

He would put posteriors on seats for sure, but can he be channeled correctly by George and co? IMO. the management would not sign him if they had any real uncertainty as to how to control him. Still would prefer to keep Lambert though, or a return of Trevor?

No Garrity for me please.

No Garrity for me please.

This statement alone should ring the alarm bells for all the pro- Garrity bods out there.

I was never a Garrity fan, far from it tbh. Saw him as a danger to other riders and a bit too much of a "hot head". He may well still be those things however I have to admit I've slowly started to change my thoughts on him. There's no denying his entertainment value. Also, my brother lives in Sheffield, he often takes his young son to owlerton and he's advised me that Garrity always has more time than any other rider to talk to fans after a meeting and also take photos and sign autographs with the kids. He once let my brothers boy sit on his bike even though he hadn't asked to.

Ultimately he will always be one that divides opinion though....

• Like 1

At Redcar? I hope not...

Can somebody explain to me why Liam Carr gets a reduction for being injured in 2015 and Lewis Rose doesn't for being injured in 2016? Or does he?

At Redcar? I hope not...

Can somebody explain to me why Liam Carr gets a reduction for being injured in 2015 and Lewis Rose doesn't for being injured in 2016? Or does he?

3 seasons, that's how it works, Havelock enquired about a reduction and he got it

Me three

That is four.

3 seasons, that's how it works, Havelock enquired about a reduction and he got it

But Carr first rode for Berwick in 2012?

CARR, Liam

DATE OF BIRTH: 11 February 1996, Ashington, Northumbria.

BRITISH CAREER: (2012-13) Berwick; (2014) Berwick, Buxton; (2015) Buxton; (2016) Berwick, Coventry II.

Kenny Wennerstam is looking for a uk place :)

Edited by Dandelion

But Carr first rode for Berwick in 2012?

CARR, Liam

DATE OF BIRTH: 11 February 1996, Ashington, Northumbria.

BRITISH CAREER: (2012-13) Berwick; (2014) Berwick, Buxton; (2015) Buxton; (2016) Berwick, Coventry II.

Kenny Wennerstam is looking for a uk place :)

Guest appearance. He certainly wasn't a regular team member at that point.

Guest appearance. He certainly wasn't a regular team member at that point.

did he not spend a long while out injured ?,,, maybe that has something to do with it,,,

looking at the team building so far ... it appears the reserves pairings are all going to be a lot weaker .... the strong number 6 reserve - recently critical to winning a title looks like an endangered species atm

2 issues I see

1) races becoming more predictable ...... one the joys was watching the no 6 (rose, morris, sissis, bdw etc) beating the away star riders at home ............. looking less likely

2) potential league winners will probably come from some young rider almost doubling his average as he picks off weaker reserves (someone like a bewley could cash in big style)

more worrying could be if both reserves in your team are stars you could dominate whilst if you have 2 duffers it could be a long old season .............. at least previously with most teams trying to field a decent number 6 .. it kept a relatively level playing field.

• Like 1