British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

KO Cup Quarter Final. Newcastle vs Glasgow Mon 9th Oct (7.30pm). Another home meeting I'll miss!!

Postponed matches whatever the reason must be played within 1mth of postponement.or risk. heavy fine /forfeiting match.

• Like 1

Postponed matches whatever the reason must be played within 1mth of postponement.or risk. heavy fine /forfeiting match.

that might sound like an idea, but what if your fully booked up for the following month ?

suppose you could just postpone other matches to enable you to run the already postponed one.

who would be the beneficiaries of any fines ?

Edited by ruffdiamond

that might sound like an idea, but what if your fully booked up for the following month ?

suppose you could just postpone other matches to enable you to run the already postponed one.

who would be the beneficiaries of any fines ?

Put in the BSPA pot ?

Who gets fined or forfeits? The home promotion or the away team who won't/ can't come back within the month due to rider availability or other reasons( e.g. they may usually share race days Ipswich/Sheffield/ Redcar for example).

Edited by leander

Most tracks have an alternative race night so there shouldn't be a problem.the team who is refusing to agree a new date

• Like 1

Most tracks have an alternative race night so there shouldn't be a problem.the team who is refusing to agree a new date

Yes your right about the alternate race night however Newcastle will always try and rearrange meetings on a Sunday due to the decreased attendance on a Monday night which massively effect revenue.

the fixture list is a joke - I have never known so many meaningless meetings in October

cup - again bspa a joke ..... why teams were not ordered to play is beyond me

of course if it were Newcastle we would be ordered to field a weakened team

who can forget last years utter disgrace of Newcastle being ordered to ride v redcar with 3 riders so the league cup could be completed in july .... final is October as rest of league rode when they wanted !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

league - why wasn't the league deadline set as 30th sept with play offs down as per in October

just another brainless decision

every year the league gets into a mad rush to finish ..... they have only had all year to plan ..... it just defies belief

actually - I cannot remember when the fixture list was incomplete............. normally when you start the season all the fixtures are set .......... our fixture list has even up til august had at least 8 meetings not scheduled

and of course the crowds for meaningless fixtures in October will be much lower than competitive meetings in the summer

and we wonder why speedway is struggling

Yes your right about the alternate race night however Newcastle will always try and rearrange meetings on a Sunday due to the decreased attendance on a Monday night which massively effect revenue.

crowds will be even lower in October for what are now end of season friendlies (bar Glasgow)

the fixture list is a joke - I have never known so many meaningless meetings in October

cup - again bspa a joke ..... why teams were not ordered to play is beyond me

of course if it were Newcastle we would be ordered to field a weakened team

who can forget last years utter disgrace of Newcastle being ordered to ride v redcar with 3 riders so the league cup could be completed in july .... final is October as rest of league rode when they wanted !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

league - why wasn't the league deadline set as 30th sept with play offs down as per in October

just another brainless decision

every year the league gets into a mad rush to finish ..... they have only had all year to plan ..... it just defies belief

actually - I cannot remember when the fixture list was incomplete............. normally when you start the season all the fixtures are set .......... our fixture list has even up til august had at least 8 meetings not scheduled

and of course the crowds for meaningless fixtures in October will be much lower than competitive meetings in the summer

and we wonder why speedway is struggling

crowds will be even lower in October for what are now end of season friendlies (bar Glasgow)

don't get too upset about it.

don't get too upset about it.

trying not to !!!!!

but it is has a debacle of a speedway season ..... and I don't mean results wise for us

everything has felt wrong about this season (as was predicted by many before the league started)

FOR ALL TEAMS its been a case of just lets fit meetings in when we can !!!! hence we have a cup competition started in april only in the quarter finals by October !!! and we have the playoffs done and dusted when only 3 of 10 teams had completed their fixtures !!!!!!!!!!

ive seen 1 speedway meeting since mid August .........and theres still potentially 6 to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for all the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but really it does beggar belief

• Like 3

trying not to !!!!!

but it is has a debacle of a speedway season ..... and I don't mean results wise for us

everything has felt wrong about this season (as was predicted by many before the league started)

FOR ALL TEAMS its been a case of just lets fit meetings in when we can !!!! hence we have a cup competition started in april only in the quarter finals by October !!! and we have the playoffs done and dusted when only 3 of 10 teams had completed their fixtures !!!!!!!!!!

ive seen 1 speedway meeting since mid August .........and theres still potentially 6 to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for all the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but really it does beggar belief

yeah, people will just get sick of it in the end.

yeah, people will just get sick of it in the end.

Replace the get with are and there you have it.

• Like 1

I avnt been to a meeting for a few weeks now and with the cold weather setting in not sure il bother. Was going to Sheffield Sunday but might not bother. I'm away for our last meeting the golden hammer and with our future looking uncertain not sure I can muster the enthusiasm to go to our meeting against Eastbourne on the 15th even though the team needs us more than ever at the minute. Sad really but this seasons been a joke

Newcastle alternative race day is when their top 5 are available. It has taken them 24 weeks to arrange the replay and arrange the match with Glasgow and guess what we have 2 riders 4 guests and r/r .Lawson told to ride for Somerset and are 30 points behind after away leg .Bewley and Smith told to ride for Belle Vue Colts contrary to what the rule book says and then Peterborough arrange a match with Workington at the last minute taking away 2 off our original guests GIVE ME RAIN ON FRIDAY

• Like 1

Newcastle alternative race day is when their top 5 are available. It has taken them 24 weeks to arrange the replay and arrange the match with Glasgow and guess what we have 2 riders 4 guests and r/r .Lawson told to ride for Somerset and are 30 points behind after away leg .Bewley and Smith told to ride for Belle Vue Colts contrary to what the rule book says and then Peterborough arrange a match with Workington at the last minute taking away 2 off our original guests GIVE ME RAIN ON FRIDAY

It's a rearranged match that fell victim to the weather last week unfortunately for your teams guests but it had to be rearranged. I have to admit with double and treble ups this season has been nothing short of a disaster and things have got to change for next season otherwise it's only going to get worse.

• Like 3