British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Think it is time one of these 3 riders went Lindgren,Morris or Rose and yes they are okay at home but very poor away.

• Like 1

Think it is time one of these 3 riders went Lindgren,Morris or Rose and yes they are okay at home but very poor away.

agree not good enough needs a massive makeover or the crowds will dwindle me and my partner for two

not gona bother on sunday only get beat off Glasgow just look at young dan bewley Glasgow always make a good team up

agree not good enough needs a massive makeover or the crowds will dwindle me and my partner for two

not gona bother on sunday only get beat off Glasgow just look at young dan bewley Glasgow always make a good team up

daunting task on Sunday, but worth going just watch Dan 'the ginga ninja' Bewley go.

But your Username indicates that you will always come back. :D :D :D

Unlike me. :sad:

• Like 3

I think we all knew that when the team was put together we were very weak at reserve and a lot was pinned on Danny having a much improved year. Prior to Danny's injury I don't think he had really kicked on but that might just be me. I believe that having brought in Greenwood we have replaced like for like, with the only notable difference being his confidence may not be as low as Connor's was/is. I was not impressed with Greenwood the last time he rode for us and based on last nights performance (I was not at the STMP), my opinion has not changed. I think that the issue that we have at the moment is that Rose, Morris and Lindgren have all suffered a dip in form at the same time, which is killing our middle order. Rose does not seem to be able to make the starts which means he is having to work hard for every point and when you watch him around Brough he does not seem to have the top end speed he had a couple of weeks back (British Final Semi Final meeting). I don't think they will drop Rose as I think he will be in the Diamonds team for a number of years, well at least I hope. Ludvig appears to have started his seasonal dip early which is a surprise as I believe his scores and performances on the continent are in stark contrast, just look at his recent performance in the GP Qualifier I believe (15 points). With Ashley, I was never impressed when we signed him last year, but he surprised me and proved me wrong and I think on his day he is a great rider to have in the team who can score us lots of points but I think if any rider is going to make way and be dropped, I see him as the likely candidate, which would be a shame as I think he can do a great job for us.

As a team where do we go from here, I still believe we have a solid top 5 to match most teams in the league but we need to find a free scoring reserve which seem to be as rare as hens teeth. As a lot of people are saying, we need to make changes and I think they are right, I don't think Lambert, Worrall or Rose are likely to be dropped and as I have said that leaves Lindgren and Morris or do we continue as we are and try reshuffling our riding order and put Rose at two and shift Morris to 3 or 4, I don't know. If we are to make changes, I don't know who we would bring in, Rene is a good shout but as people have said, he is not the rider he was when we had Lemo, Larsen and Bach and I don't think he would add anything more to the team than we already have. I think maybe the riders need a bollocking of monumental proportions to shake them up a bit and hopefully kick start our season.

Onwards and hopefully upwards as they say. :D:o

• Like 1

I think maybe the riders need a bollocking of monumental proportions to shake them up a bit and hopefully kick start our season.

Onwards and hopefully upwards as they say. :D:o

maybe they have had a good telling off,,, I would set Joan onto them ;)

maybe they have had a good telling off,,, I would set Joan onto them ;)

I said tell them off not scare them off!!! :P:P

• Like 3

Will Stevie Worrall be fit for tomorrow? I see he has pulled out for belle vue at leicester tonight

Will Stevie Worrall be fit for tomorrow? I see he has pulled out for belle vue at leicester tonight

only two peoplethat will no is steve himself and George if steve decides to phone him

Rider replacement for Worrall apparently, broken something. So that means we can use Lambert, since he's the only one above. As long as Rose has his gating sorted and Morris gets a few, and the reserves score at least 2, we should be fine.

Also, both Hopwood and Greenwood scored 7 tonight. Shame they won't do that at Brough.

Edited by DiamondGlory

Great result for Stevie in the British Final, so close to being British Champion. Does that make him reserve for Cardiff and rule him out of the Pairs again?

Yes, He will now miss the pairs, and be reserve at Cardiff, that is unless the fracture clinic plaster him up today for the 6 weeks a scaphoid normally takes to heal! They do this as although It's a small bone it can affect the blood flow to the hand with long term problems.

• Like 1