British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Great result for Stevie in the British Final, so close to being British Champion. Does that make him reserve for Cardiff and rule him out of the Pairs again?

Yes, He will now miss the pairs, and be reserve at Cardiff, that is unless the fracture clinic plaster him up today for the 6 weeks a scaphoid normally takes to heal! They do this as although It's a small bone it can affect the blood flow to the hand with long term problems.

Not what I've heard. They've gone with a couple of Under-21 riders as reserves (I can't remember who they are!!! I'm sure someone will know!!).

Not what I've heard. They've gone with a couple of Under-21 riders as reserves (I can't remember who they are!!! I'm sure someone will know!!).

is Robert Lambert 1 of them ??? ;)

Great result for Stevie in the British Final, so close to being British Champion. Does that make him reserve for Cardiff and rule him out of the Pairs again?

I can certainly see Lambert as one of the reserves and Stevie Worrall could easily be the second, with Cook missing as well makes a rather large hole in Workingtons and Newcastles chances.

I see Ben Hopwood will (as from 22/6) have a new 2.44 average, meaning that he will go to number 6 and Dan Greenwood to number 7 for our matches against Workington on Sunday.

I can certainly see Lambert as one of the reserves and Stevie Worrall could easily be the second, with Cook missing as well makes a rather large hole in Workingtons and Newcastles chances.

At times I hate this sport.

Wonder how Steve got on at hospital today with his suspected broken scaphoid?

At times I hate this sport./quote]

Yeees, I'm beginning to see what you mean. Whoever this sport may be run for the benefit of, it might not be the average person on the terraces.

Something seems to have changed for the worse in the last year or so, I don't know. I'm beginning to feel like a mug punter.

• Like 1

Why do they make it compulsary to attend the practice for the GP's , especially for the reserves . Surely they'd be better riding at the Pairs as the chances are they'll be sat in the pits all night at Cardiff anyway .

• Like 2

Why do they make it compulsary to attend the practice for the GP's , especially for the reserves . Surely they'd be better riding at the Pairs as the chances are they'll be sat in the pits all night at Cardiff anyway .

'Health & Safety',,, making cups of tea all night, could lead to fatigue ;)

I've just had a look st the club website - "Supa Stevie strikes silver" http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/hom

It's a shame they've misspelled "sicknote" as "supa". Standards are clearly falling throughout the club...but seoiusly, are the supporters who watched the team get turned over on Sunday supposed to join the chorus?

If the club is wondering about where the support is vanishing to, they may like to consider that some people don't like being taken for fools.

• Like 4

I've just had a look st the club website - "Supa Stevie strikes silver" http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/hom

It's a shame they've misspelled "sicknote" as "supa". Standards are clearly falling throughout the club...but seoiusly, are the supporters who watched the team get turned over on Sunday supposed to join the chorus?

If the club is wondering about where the support is vanishing to, they may like to consider that some people don't like being taken for fools.

I get what you say,,, but how many fans would actually begrudge him a chance of the British Final, and allow him to have a nights rest first ?

if he had of won it, he would be a hero, sorry, even bigger hero.

Edited by ruffdiamond

We were at Prague Emil & Zagar never attended practice, suppose it showed in their performances .

I get what you say,,, but how many fans would actually begrudge him a chance of the British Final, and allow him to have a nights rest first ?

Perhaps they wouldn't now. But might people feel differently at the end of August if our season ends then and we miss the playoffs by a couple of points?

For me it's about professionalism and (dis)respect. I find it hard to believe Steve Worrall wasn't fit to ride on Saturday or Sunday - if he chose to try to give himself an advantage in the British Final, then it seems he is at liberty to do so, but by the same token supporters of Belle Vue and of Newcastle are free to draw their own conclusions about those involved.

It's only speedway, it shouldn't really matter, but I am finding that it does to me!

Rant over...

• Like 3

if he had of won it, he would be a hero, sorry, even bigger hero.

Good job lambert didn't qualify then, as we could have allowed him a nights rest first :nono:

Wonder if Richie Worrall and Richard Lawson asked their promotion for a wee rest ;) Can guess their answer if they did!!

Edited by Mad Max
  • Like 1

Good job lambert didn't qualify then, as we could have allowed him a nights rest first :nono:

Wonder if Richie Worrall and Richard Lawson asked their promotion for a wee rest ;) Can guess their answer if they did!!

Robert, Richie and Richard weren't injured but, so the comparison is mischievous. I knew on Thursday that Steve had damaged his wrists, hence the reason Ludde being the next scorer was drafted into heat 15, and could be doubtful. As others have said. if he had ridden on Sunday night and then pulled out, his rides would all have been taken by Ben and Dan. No chance of getting within 4 points then. At least we gave then a fright until the heat 9 1-5.

• Like 1

starts with f and ends with f ???

Stewie doesn't mince his words, lol

Robert, Richie and Richard weren't injured but, so the comparison is mischievous. I knew on Thursday that Steve had damaged his wrists, hence the reason Ludde being the next scorer was drafted into heat 15, and could be doubtful. As others have said. if he had ridden on Sunday night and then pulled out, his rides would all have been taken by Ben and Dan. No chance of getting within 4 points then. At least we gave then a fright until the heat 9 1-5.

What a sensible post Dave.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1