British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Newcastle alternative race day is when their top 5 are available. It has taken them 24 weeks to arrange the replay and arrange the match with Glasgow and guess what we have 2 riders 4 guests and r/r .Lawson told to ride for Somerset and are 30 points behind after away leg .Bewley and Smith told to ride for Belle Vue Colts contrary to what the rule book says and then Peterborough arrange a match with Workington at the last minute taking away 2 off our original guests GIVE ME RAIN ON FRIDAY

MANSE - don't let the facts get in the way of a good story

the replay was done by end of June

so both teams are responsible for the delay .............. don't pin it on Newcastle

Not Glasgow fault we can race any day Mon to Sun when can you race when your top 5 are available

MANSE - don't let the facts get in the way of a good story

the replay was done by end of June

so both teams are responsible for the delay .............. don't pin it on Newcastle

Well done just a month to late. We were meant to play the winners of diamonds comets on 6 may. Quite frankly Glasgow should have been given a bye. As it is all the other teams have been kept waiting and we are running key matches in poor weather and when all the kids are back at school total farce

• Like 1

Well done just a month to late. We were meant to play the winners of diamonds comets on 6 may. Quite frankly Glasgow should have been given a bye. As it is all the other teams have been kept waiting and we are running key matches in poor weather and when all the kids are back at school total farce

well you would have raced on the 6th may but a bloody replay needed to be done ......

I still fail to see how this is newcastles fault ..........

and frankly guys I have no sympathy for you ............ in the last few years we have been impacted by the series of bizarre rulings

if you want to blame anyone blame the bspa who allow this farce

they should do what they do in football ............ have a dedicated week set aside for knock out cup matches

still workington and Newcastle might not be around to ruin your cup campaign next year ............

Edited by mauger65

if you want to blame anyone blame the bspa who allow this farce

they should do what they do in football ............ have a dedicated week set aside for knock out cup matches ......

its all well and good saying that, but,,, what if its raining during the dedicated week ?

its ok in football, as they can get on with it on wet surfaces,,, and their even bigger pussy's than speedway riders ;)

its all well and good saying that, but,,, what if its raining during the dedicated week ?

its ok in football, as they can get on with it on wet surfaces,,, and their even bigger pussy's than speedway riders ;)

Doesnt have to be a week, it can be a month

Stevie W has had to withdraw from the Pairs this afternoon after injuring a wrist at Workington last night, so Ludvig take his place.

A knock out cup competition should be just that not a home and away fixture. Teams drawn and its pot luck whether you get a home draw or away. Last two teams in final race on a neutral track perhaps.

• Like 1

luddy was poor last night at workington , tom woolly passed him and the crowd larfed their tots off . eventually ll got past . but what a ride by tom w .

A knock out cup competition should be just that not a home and away fixture. Teams drawn and its pot luck whether you get a home draw or away. Last two teams in final race on a neutral track perhaps.

If its a neutral track the support would be very poor.

I am sure when I started going in 1968 and for a couple of years after it was the luck of the draw.

don't know when it became home and away

If its a neutral track the support would be very poor.

I am sure when I started going in 1968 and for a couple of years after it was the luck of the draw.

don't know when it became home and away

Well after the Lambert fiasco last night I would go with a number 8 or R-R or even a guest,whatever we are allowed as I would not give Lambert any more meetings as it is now Three dead meetings.

Edited by soupy

Double header Sunday 22nd October v Workington and Redcar.

Double header Sunday 22nd October v Workington and Redcar.

I do hope it doesn't rain.

That's the problem with attempting to squeeze so many Meetings in at the end of the Season. Especially after the number of blank weekends during the Summer.