British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

If we're going for two big riders I'd rather have the Worrall twins and let Lambert continue his career in bigger places

1. Richie Worrall 8.49

2. Ashley Morris 4.98

3. Lewis Rose 6.12

4. Ludvig Lindgren © 7.69

5. Steve Worrall 8.47

6. Another 2.00er (Whoever it may be :P )

7. Danny Phillips 2.00

I'd like that team, 6 Brits, very strong and gives riders like Rose, Morris and the 2 pointers plenty of opportunity to come on without too much pressure because of the Worrall's in the team scoring big :) And I'm sure they'd motivate eachother because both of them will want to be the best Worrall in Newcastle

Personal preference to start with, I really like the Worrall twins and I want to see Lambert go to Poland and do well on the continent rather than stay at a second tier British team, in an ideal world I'd love to see Robert back, but thinking about it, I'd like to see him go do well and further his career, he's England's next best hope :P

Secondly, I wouldn't want Steve AND Richie tbh, I'm just saying if we went for 2 big guns, that's how I'd go, I'd prefer to see Steve and then Rene and Ludvig as the next two highest averaging riders

Hope you guys understand now :t:

Make your mind up! :D

Make your mind up! :D

I have made my mind up, I would rather Steve, Ludvig and Rene as the heat leaders, but IF we go for 2 big hitters, like people keep saying, THEN I'd want the Worrall twins :P

Personal preference to start with, I really like the Worrall twins and I want to see Lambert go to Poland and do well on the continent rather than stay at a second tier British team, in an ideal world I'd love to see Robert back, but thinking about it, I'd like to see him go do well and further his career, he's England's next best hope :P

Secondly, I wouldn't want Steve AND Richie tbh, I'm just saying if we went for 2 big guns, that's how I'd go, I'd prefer to see Steve and then Rene and Ludvig as the next two highest averaging riders

Hope you guys understand now :t:

lambert has plenty of time to go to poland in the future, if hes available we have to have him in our team imo, riders like him dont come along too often.

No lambert in your team but Lindgren in everyone? Give over :)

5.86 was his September figure which included rides up to and including 20 August. He rode on the 21st v Peterborough 5R 11+3, and 28th 1R 0pts when he got injured. Greensheets are based on last 20 matches so he would have dropped two matches from earlier on in which he possibly didn't score as much.

cheers

But they still had it as is October figure??... which would take in meetings up to the middle of sept??

Edited by Arson fire

I have made my mind up, I would rather Steve, Ludvig and Rene as the heat leaders, but IF we go for 2 big hitters, like people keep saying, THEN I'd want the Worrall twins :P

Bach has already posted on social media that he`s unlikely to be racing over here next season, to start with anyway.

lambert has plenty of time to go to poland in the future, if hes available we have to have him in our team imo, riders like him dont come along too often.

Lindgren's our captain and his average is over a point lower than Robert's, I don't think Lambert will want to ride in the Championship next year, imo, but if he does, i wouldn't be AGAINST him being back at Newcastle

Bach has already posted on social media that he`s unlikely to be racing over here next season, to start with anyway.

"Unlikely", things change, Maybe he's been told Newcastle don't want to sign him, but maybe someone George is after turns us down?

Edited by Dandelion

cheers

But they still had it as is October figure??... which would take in meetings up to the middle of sept??

Yes I know. When the October sheets were published his September figure was shown as being the same as his August figure.(i.e. It had reduced). I commented on it at the time as I didn't understand that. I think it was something to do with the fact that he was unattached. ( He was effectively released on 28th August).

If that was the only strange anomaly in speedway we'd be a lot better off.

That was after he was told that he wasn't required by Glasgow. Things could change if someone fails to agree terms for any team.

• Like 1

Yes I know. When the October sheets were published his September figure was shown as being the same as his August figure.(i.e. It had reduced). I commented on it at the time as I didn't understand that. I think it was something to do with the fact that he was unattached. ( He was effectively released on 28th August).

If that was the only strange anomaly in speedway we'd be a lot better off.

Similar thing with Simon Lambert happened at Peterborough ,as he was stuck on 5.07 for a couple of months and then it suddenly went to5.25 even though he was out injured for that period and beyond .

That happened this year I believe, hence no LIndgren at Redcar, Sheffield.

How about

S Worrall 8.51

R Wells 7.71

L Rose 5.86

A Morris 4.83

M Kus 7.55

E Perks 3.00

J Knight 3.00

Comes in at 40.46, might get a reduction on Morris or Rose, wishful thinking, not sure Knight or Perks come in 2's or 3's?

Who'd be a team manager for a living!!! :P:P

Crikey!!!

You are taking a chance. No Lindgren - wait until Dandelion finds out.

I agree with you though - that would be a pretty decent Team.

Crikey!!!

You are taking a chance. No Lindgren - wait until Dandelion finds out.

I agree with you though - that would be a pretty decent Team.

Why would I have a problem with no Lindgren? :) Everyone has their opinions and teams lol, just because you don't like Ludvig and I do, doesn't make me an obsessive little girl over him :P

Also that team would have 2 2.00 riders at reserve, so you'd be able to bring Ludvig in for Rose ;) Jokes...

• Like 1

You'd imagine we will be seeing both Lindgren & Kus next season saying they are assets. It says in the SS Stevie wants to come back too if we were to go with those 3 we would potentially be weak at reserve.

I'd like to see Morris back he done well with the impossible task of replacing Rose... and speaking of Rose I'd like him back too but with those two it would only leave 5.10 for the reserves.

1) S Worrall 8.47

2) A Morris 4.98

3) M Kus 7.64

4) L Rose 6.12

5) L Lindgren 7.69

6)

7)

• Like 1

You'd imagine we will be seeing both Lindgren & Kus next season saying they are assets. It says in the SS Stevie wants to come back too if we were to go with those 3 we would potentially be weak at reserve.

I'd like to see Morris back he done well with the impossible task of replacing Rose... and speaking of Rose I'd like him back too but with those two it would only leave 5.10 for the reserves.

1) S Worrall 8.47

2) A Morris 4.98

3) M Kus 7.64

4) L Rose 6.12

5) L Lindgren 7.69

6)

7)

I would like that team wth Phillips at 7 on a 2 then 3.10 for the other reserve.

I would like that team wth Phillips at 7 on a 2 then 3.10 for the other reserve.

I'm quite torn whether to keep Phillips or not he's had a season under his belt now so you'd hope he could improve with the experience.

If we did go down another rider how about Tom Bacon or Luke Chessell wouldn't mind taking a punt on either of those

According to the BSPA site Phillips comes in on a 3pt average.

According to the BSPA site Phillips comes in on a 3pt average.

According to the BSPA AGM press release "And in a bid to help young riders get team spots, any rider who hasn’t achieved a three-point average will come in on a minimum of 2." Danny achieved 1.73, so should be a 2.00.

• Like 3

According to the BSPA AGM press release "And in a bid to help young riders get team spots, any rider who hasn’t achieved a three-point average will come in on a minimum of 2." Danny achieved 1.73, so should be a 2.00.

I agree with you, I don`t think the BSPA have been very clear regarding this as it appears going by the averages on their own site against the quote you have posted it is two different things. It appears there is a number of riders who rode in last years Pl, didn't achieve a 3pt average yet have been saddled with a 3pt starting average for 2017.