British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

And if we do win promotion it'll be bye bye Newcastle speedway..

maybe not this time, as there won't, or isn't gonna be a huge gulf between the leagues as in the past.

basically, Rye House and Somerset are Championship quality anyway.

????? Start of season 2015 :- 7.12; 2016:- 7.05; 2017:- 7.69; current :- 8.00. Quite a reduction NOT for some one who peaked a long time ago. His average has never been higher to my knowledge. .

'Lightnings' new average, from 28/5/17 is 7.06 :(

that would be a like for like change, certainly wouldn't strengthen up the bottom end, neither the top.

Well, I agree, I think I'd prefer to see Ludvig in the team anyway, it was just a passing comment more than anything

Lambert doesn't ride in the Ekstraliga.

Ahhhhh, does the 'only one other league' rule only count for the top league in Poland? (Not even going to try and spell it out)

I think the difference is that Rose has potential improvement left in him whereas Lindgren peaked a long time ago.

Well, doesn't that mean that Ludvig is more of a long term option for us then? Which is better, Lewis will just keep on going up and eventually drop the CL to ride abroad, hopefully, Ludvig will stay for many years to come :) If of course, he has peaked and doesn't suddenly go crazy, I'd pick our captain over Rose, although it's a VERY VERY hard decision, and I hope they both stay for the next 2 or 3 years at least :P

A good shout for the pairs now. Especially since Robert is available. Excellent chance of the fours. I still think we have a half decent chance in the KO Cup over two legs. As for the league, well I'm not really sure I want to win that. A promotion relegation playoff with (for example) Rye House or Somerset who have by the end of the season decided the premiership is not for them and want to drop back down to the championship. Remember promotion and relegation is COMPULSORY this year. So you could have two teams trying there best NOT to win over two legs. And if we do win promotion it'll be bye bye Newcastle speedway..

But still... Isn't it just as bad to purposely not win the league just to avoid racing the Promotion relegation thingy?

How about Adam Roynon?

This is nearly as bad as most of my suggestions, I admire the dude, how can someone with so many bad injuries keep coming back, but he hates Brough and wants to retire...

maybe not this time, as there won't, or isn't gonna be a huge gulf between the leagues as in the past.

basically, Rye House and Somerset are Championship quality anyway.

'Lightnings' new average, from 28/5/17 is 7.06 :(

I don't think us being in the Premiership would mean bye bye either, I just don't think we'd do very well in it, bring in Robert, Steve, Rose and Ludvig, and maybe big Bjerre and two others (Maybe Richie and a young reserve?), would be a half decent team, and shouldn't cost TOO much more than what we have now, although, what do I know, the whole club might already be hanging on a thread? But would we have gone in for Robert if it was? I doubt he was cheap...

Is Tero Aarnio only on a month contract with Scunthorpe...?

Because I see his average is already dropping.....

And Ashley's is rising.....

Edited by Dandelion

Dont get the Lindgren love in myself, never been a big fan ( and a few others where i stand)...his average has dropped in a weaker league for starters.

Yes ok he may produce an outside pass now and again, but hes not really improved in donkeys years but is a shoe in every season!! id personally rather see a better balanced team with reserves that will score a few more points.

Lindgren coles and Hopwood( harsh) out

Allen, carr and zach w in would be my way.... or id offer Shanes money he couldnt turn down from my pocket money😜

Think if we were going to change we would have by now, so all hyperthetical

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 3

Dont get the Lindgren love in myself, never been a big fan ( and a few others where i stand)...his average has dropped in a weaker league for starters.

Yes ok he may produce an outside pass now and again, but hes not really improved in donkeys years but is a shoe in every season!! id personally rather see a better balanced team with reserves that will score a few more points.

Lindgren coles and Hopwood( harsh) out

Allen, carr and zach w in would be my way.... or id offer Shanes money he couldnt turn down from my pocket money

Think if we were going to change we would have by now, so all hyperthetical

Yes, but it's fun, and interesting to see what people think, maybe changes aren't imminent, but I wouldn't rule out one further down the line still

Maybe if Aarnio's average drops and Morris' stays high

Morris (very harsh I know) and Connor out

Tero and Zach W/Liam Carr in

Yes, but it's fun, and interesting to see what people think, maybe changes aren't imminent, but I wouldn't rule out one further down the line still

Maybe if Aarnio's average drops and Morris' stays high

Morris (very harsh I know) and Connor out

Tero and Zach W/Liam Carr in

Aarnio should increase his average big time at reserve in that league

????? Start of season 2015 :- 7.12; 2016:- 7.05; 2017:- 7.69; current :- 8.00. Quite a reduction NOT for some one who peaked a long time ago. His average has never been higher to my knowledge. Maybe he isn't improving as quick as Lewis is at the moment, but I think you'll find Lewis's improvement will slow down when it get's to 8 ish (as they all do). Tom Owen once said of a young Nigel Crabtree "He won't be an overnight sensation, he'll improve a little bit each year, but once he gets there he'll be there for quite a while". How right he was.

The only average that matters is the one in October which has been earned over a whole season.

Well, I agree, I think I'd prefer to see Ludvig in the team anyway, it was just a passing comment more than anything

Ahhhhh, does the 'only one other league' rule only count for the top league in Poland? (Not even going to try and spell it out)

Well I wouldn't - but I think you already know that. :nono: :nono: :)

Give me Lewis Rose any day. :party:

I am definitely with Arson Fire on this one. :t::approve:

• Like 1

The only average that matters is the one in October which has been earned over a whole season.

Think he's dropped .63 in latest greensheets since the starr of the season...

Averages (effective from 28/05/17): Robert 8.70, Stevie 8.47, Ludde 7.06, Lewis 7.06, Ash 5.58, Ben 2.00, Connor 2.00 (Total 40.87)

Edited by Steve Park

Aarnio should increase his average big time at reserve in that league

Well... He should... But has George had a word with him ;) Haha... Just kidding, averages do strange things sometimes... He's already dropped, and with rolling averages, what else will it do, even if it stayed where it was now, it'd be good :)

Well I wouldn't - but I think you already know that. :nono: :nono: :)

Give me Lewis Rose any day. :party:

I am definitely with Arson Fire on this one. :t::approve:

Well considering I was saying I'd want him instead of Rene ;) But still, I know where you're coming from, you hate him as much as I love him xD It'd be too hard to chose for me, but all I'd think is that Ludvig will stay around longer than Rose, as in Rose will move on to the PL and Ludvig will stay here

Rose won't move into PL/abroad but he could become a Steve/Rich Worrall type of guy if this season goes well for him like it has started off where he has looked very good at home for Newcastle and Kings Lynn just needs to pick up some better scores on the road and he'll be there, this time next year he will be a better rider than Luddo, I'm 90% sure of that

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea

Rose won't move into PL/abroad but he could become a Steve/Rich Worrall type of guy if this season goes well for him like it has started off where he has looked very good at home for Newcastle and Kings Lynn just needs to pick up some better scores on the road and he'll be there, this time next year he will be a better rider than Luddo, I'm 90% sure of that

I'm 90% sure of that too, and you never know where his career will take him, maybe it might go down hill from now on? Maybe he'll suddenly go crazy and we'll see him in the GPs in a few years, both unlikely, but hey, this IS speedway we're talking about, where anything can happen, and usually does

But it was you that said why isn't Rose getting talked about being dropped when Ludvig was wasn't it?

Well, I think none of them deserve to be dropped, and other people have even said, it's hard to chose between them, but people were only talking about ludvig and not one mention of Rose... I think both of them deserve to stay, all of our top 5 do...

People are always talking down about Ludvig

Edited by Dandelion