British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

I agree which is why Ben has to much pressure he going be inconsistent at least he needs somebody who can at least average 3 and rotate the role at the minute if Ben struggles we struggle. Good news about rose but wonder how r/r work with both him and Ludvig on the same average hopefully Steve can have a ride could make the difference.

Yep, someone like Jake Knight, imo, would have about a 3 point average... Jake and Ben would battle it out to be the best reserve, and it would get quite competitive, which is what we need down there...

I would think that Steve could take a ride, I maybe be wrong, but I think any rider on the same average counts as a rider below, is that makes sense? O.o Not the rider above... Although I may be wrong (I probably am) maybe they well start narrowing it down to their averages to 3/4/5 decimal places, see who has the highest? I dunno...

He can only take an R/R ride.

Really? Didn't know that, that's a bit stupid, oh well, one ride for Lewis, one ride for Steve, one ride for Ashley and a ride for Josh... And give Ben Connor's fourth ride...

Josh'll get 2 laps in the second half...

• Like 2

What rider order would people have i would be tempted give Robert pressure of carrying r/r and have Rose ride with Ashley who could have heat 1 anyway and give Steve heat 8.

What rider order would people have i would be tempted give Robert pressure of carrying r/r and have Rose ride with Ashley who could have heat 1 anyway and give Steve heat 8.

I'd leave R/R at number 4 personally, but wouldn't be surprised to see R/R at No 2 with Ash switching to No 4.

I'd leave R/R at number 4 personally, but wouldn't be surprised to see R/R at No 2 with Ash switching to No 4.

Its a difficult one with no correct answer i like Ashley and Robert together so it could stay that way. No doubt George will try work out what he thinks will get the most points.

I think we'll lose either way, but why doesn't someone start a thread? xD

I think we'll lose either way, but why doesn't someone start a thread? xD

Indeed, surely their is a diamond fan on her somewhere

Its a difficult one with no correct answer i like Ashley and Robert together so it could stay that way. No doubt George will try work out what he thinks will get the most points.

Here's the answer!

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100721

Indeed, surely their is a diamond fan on her somewhere

Thread now started.

Sheffield away and Edinburgh at home next week. Am I wrong in thinking that we beat Sheffield away 60-30 last season? Edinburgh looks to be a home loss this time around. I hope the reshuffled team proves me wrong.

Sheffield away and Edinburgh at home next week. Am I wrong in thinking that we beat Sheffield away 60-30 last season? Edinburgh looks to be a home loss this time around. I hope the reshuffled team proves me wrong.

yeah... you're wrong :)

We went to Sheffield 3 times last season. 9 June PL Lost 49-44. 21 July KOC D 45-45. 29 Sep Play Off L 48-42.

• Like 1

yeah... you're wrong :)

Figured it out, it was at Brough in the KOC, we won 62-28. :)

We went to Sheffield 3 times last season. 9 June PL Lost 49-44. 21 July KOC D 45-45. 29 Sep Play Off L 48-42.

I just knew we'd hammered them, turns out it was at home. Whoops! Edited by DiamondGlory

I hate criticising riders, after all, they're doing something I can't, but If i was in Connor's shoes and I was struggling with the track (his entry to turn 1 is far too tight) then I would be practicing hard after the meeting to try to sort out the best lines around the 4 turns. Not doing this means you have to question his professionalism, especially if he wishes to improve and try to earn a living out of the sport. i wish him every success, but he has to work harder.

• Like 1

I hate criticising riders, after all, they're doing something I can't, but If i was in Connor's shoes and I was struggling with the track (his entry to turn 1 is far too tight) then I would be practicing hard after the meeting to try to sort out the best lines around the 4 turns. Not doing this means you have to question his professionalism, especially if he wishes to improve and try to earn a living out of the sport. i wish him every success, but he has to work harder.

I've heard a lot of good thing about his attitude actually, but if I was Connor, I'd be taking a step back, drop down to the NL and start winning races down there again, get his confidence back and come back up when he is ready... He's getting nothing for travelling hundreds of miles and knacking his bikes when he crashes... Which he does a lot... He must be getting bankrupt soon... Or close to it...

Maybe I'm bias because I used to live in Plymouth, and they're my second team, but I quite like Boxall :P Plus, he's only got to be an improvement on Connor, although as I said, I bet he'd come in on his 5 something average...

At least Connor turns up week after week and gives 110% which is more than you get with Boxall. With the warmer weather coming, how many meetings will he miss with BBQ injuries. Edited by diamond@heart
  • Like 1

Maybe I'm bias because I used to live in Plymouth, and they're my second team, but I quite like Boxall :P Plus, he's only got to be an improvement on Connor, although as I said, I bet he'd come in on his 5 something average...

I don't think Ben will become our source of points from reserve, that's why I'm saying he should be out 'junior' reserve, at 7... And find someone else to be out 'senior' reserve... Where is Ludvig for tomorrow? And I do hope Lewis is fit enough to take his place... Well done Josh, that's what you need, NL time

He'll certainly come in higher than a 2.00, which is all we have to play with. I agree with Steve Park tho, even on the of a barge pole he's too close.

I don't think Ben will become our source of points from reserve, that's why I'm saying he should be out 'junior' reserve, at 7... And find someone else to be out 'senior' reserve... Where is Ludvig for tomorrow? And I do hope Lewis is fit enough to take his place... Well done Josh, that's what you need, NL time

He'll certainly come in higher than a 2.00, which is all we have to play with. I agree with Steve Park tho, even on the end of a barge pole he's too close.