British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Dandelion quote>

Robert is now our number 1, effective on the 12th, Steve drops a little, Ludvig makes a little, Rose drops a little and Morris loses 0.01 points!! :o And surprise surprise... The reserves are both 2.00 (Although I don't think Ben will be for much longer)

So Stevie will be number one for two matches, then Robert goes back to number one!! Jeez!

Meanwhile, Ben has to ride 4 home and 4 away before he can get a 'proper' average

Edited by Steve Park

I don't think any covers, whether they're 10p or 20p will stop the floods :

I think Liam struggled because he was in the main body, too much pressure, with him dropping back down, he can regain confidence and start scoring again, and hopefully get a CL place somewhere :) ...Maybe Newcastle? :D

Covers are not a long term viable solution. They can work given previous certain rain patterns, but need renewing on a rapid turnover. It is much easier to use them at tracks like Berwick with no dog track sheeting and an air fence that can stay fixed, because it is the foam type and no doggies legs to see racing unlike at Brough and other doggy stadiums. At Newcastle we have the worst accumulation of problems, with an air fence that has to be dropped after every meeting, and re-errected before the next meeting (doggies legs thing), and plastic sheeting on the dog track for every meeting, including the 150cc limit training school, in case of damage to the little doggies paws.

You should also understand that the above takes up a large unseen workforce every Sunday with struggling numbers, and people think that adding the speedway track covering could should be done when it rains. WHERE do you get the volunteers from for these sheets ?.

I wouldn't mind. :P

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, Ben has to ride 4 home and 4 away before he can get a 'proper' average

Try talking to Mr.Vatcher about it.

I don't think any covers, whether they're 10p or 20p will stop the floods :

I stand corrected :o Haha, good score for Liam

You'll still need a jetski to get there :)

I think Liam struggled because he was in the main body, too much pressure, with him dropping back down, he can regain confidence and start scoring again, and hopefully get a CL place somewhere :) ...Maybe Newcastle? :D

Robert is now our number 1, effective on the 12th, Steve drops a little, Ludvig makes a little, Rose drops a little and Morris loses 0.01 points!! :o And surprise surprise... The reserves are both 2.00 (Although I don't think Ben will be for much longer)

Average is too high unless you replace someone in the top 5 as well.. Liam Carr is on a minimum 3.00 ave. Not sure if Jake Knight would be a 2.00. Depends on his previous league experience (I'm sure he rode somewhere) and what average he finished on.

Covers are not a long term viable solution. They can work given previous certain rain patterns, but need renewing on a rapid turnover. It is much easier to use them at tracks like Berwick with no dog track sheeting and an air fence that can stay fixed, because it is the foam type and no doggies legs to see racing unlike at Brough and other doggy stadiums. At Newcastle we have the worst accumulation of problems, with an air fence that has to be dropped after every meeting, and re-errected before the next meeting (doggies legs thing), and plastic sheeting on the dog track for every meeting, including the 125cc limit training school, in case of damage to the little doggies paws.

You should also understand that the above takes up a large unseen workforce every Sunday with struggling numbers, and people think that adding the speedway track covering could should be done when it rains. WHERE do you get the volunteers from for these sheets ?.

I hope I don't have to show up to Brough at 8 to do both tracks :rofl:

• Like 1

Given the standard of the league this season Liam would probably do a job at Reserve,don't see him doing much in main body if he had to move out of reserve position.

Yep, I think Liam at 7 and Ben at 6 would be great, Morris for Aarnio and then Liam would fit in for Connor, only problem is that I love Ashley and think he's been one of our best riders so far this year (for what you'd expect as an individual)

So Stevie will be number one for two matches, then Robert goes back to number one!! Jeez!

There seems to be a lot of switching around now that there is new averages every 2 weeks, might that effect team 'chemistry'?

Neither would I :P Quite like Liam

Average is too high unless you replace someone in the top 5 as well.. Liam Carr is on a minimum 3.00 ave. Not sure if Jake Knight would be a 2.00. Depends on his previous league experience (I'm sure he rode somewhere) and what average he finished on.

See above for Liam, plus Jake Knight rode for Sheffield in I think 2013 or 2014 but I am 90% sure he never got a proper average as he didn't score much, think he's a lot better now, although he does seem to retire and come back every year :P But as a solution for this year, he'd do a good job in my opinion, Connor needs a damn break!!

Covers are not a long term viable solution. They can work given previous certain rain patterns, but need renewing on a rapid turnover. It is much easier to use them at tracks like Berwick with no dog track sheeting and an air fence that can stay fixed, because it is the foam type and no doggies legs to see racing unlike at Brough and other doggy stadiums. At Newcastle we have the worst accumulation of problems, with an air fence that has to be dropped after every meeting, and re-errected before the next meeting (doggies legs thing), and plastic sheeting on the dog track for every meeting, including the 125cc limit training school, in case of damage to the little doggies paws.

what you do is,,, show some initiative and cut the time and labour down, but we don't want the little doggies having a bleed ;)

There seems to be a lot of switching around now that there is new averages every 2 weeks, might that effect team 'chemistry'?

!

but it seems that Robert and Steve's average has changed after 4 days (8th then 12th), before they've actually come into effect, fffs

• Like 2

In case any Newcastle fans thinking of coming to Sheffield tonight. the match is off.

• Like 3

Yep, I think Liam at 7 and Ben at 6 would be great, Morris for Aarnio and then Liam would fit in for Connor, only problem is that I love Ashley and think he's been one of our best riders so far this year (for what you'd expect as an individual)

Neither would I :P Quite like Liam

See above for Liam, plus Jake Knight rode for Sheffield in I think 2013 or 2014 but I am 90% sure he never got a proper average as he didn't score much, think he's a lot better now, although he does seem to retire and come back every year :P But as a solution for this year, he'd do a good job in my opinion, Connor needs a damn break!!

Nope. Doesn't work. Aarnio (5.28) + Carr (3.00) = 8.28. Coles (2.00) + Morris (5.57) = 7.57. In any case you can only replace like for like if you are over the limit (which we are) i.e. Aarnio for Morris fits but Carr for Coles doesn't. If you are dropping two and adding their averages together then you have to be under the points limit. That's the way I understand the rules anyway. As for Jake Knight he would only need to have averaged 2.01 over four home and away to be too high.

• Like 1

Try talking to Mr.Vatcher about it.

Aye talk to him if anyone can fix it he can he is the man.

Held in such high esteem around our parts dogs bollocks is Neil.

• Like 1

Nope. Doesn't work. Aarnio (5.28) + Carr (3.00) = 8.28. Coles (2.00) + Morris (5.57) = 7.57. In any case you can only replace like for like if you are over the limit (which we are) i.e. Aarnio for Morris fits but Carr for Coles doesn't. If you are dropping two and adding their averages together then you have to be under the points limit. That's the way I understand the rules anyway. As for Jake Knight he would only need to have averaged 2.01 over four home and away to be too high.

Ah, I didn't realize it was like that, I though if 2 riders added to 15 points for example, the two who came in could be 15 points... Whether it's a 12 and a 3 or two 7.5... Has the rules changed since we brought Danny King and a reserve in? For Henry and if I remember Rosen?

Also, I doubt Jake scored that much that season, i remember him struggling a lot, however wouldn't he get a new assessed average because it's been 3 years? (or some rule like that anyway :P )

Ah, I didn't realize it was like that, I though if 2 riders added to 15 points for example, the two who came in could be 15 points... Whether it's a 12 and a 3 or two 7.5... Has the rules changed since we brought Danny King and a reserve in? For Henry and if I remember Rosen?

Also, I doubt Jake scored that much that season, i remember him struggling a lot, however wouldn't he get a new assessed average because it's been 3 years? (or some rule like that anyway :P )

At the time we were under the then 42.5 points limit after the changes as far as I remember. As long as you re-declare under the points limit it's fine.

• Like 2

At the time we were under the then 42.5 points limit after the changes as far as I remember. As long as you re-declare under the points limit it's fine.

Thanks for clearing that up, it seems that it takes many years to understand the rules of speedway, by which time, they've all changed again xD

Thanks for clearing that up, it seems that it takes many years to understand the rules of speedway, by which time, they've all changed again xD

The practice was once called 'combined averages' but, as stated, can only be used when the team total is under the points limits.

• Like 1