British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Ipswich Vs Newcastle Thurs 15 Sep Pl

Think it will be Sheffield or Ipswich for Newcastle.

Bring on the Monarchs!!

Phenomenal effort ftom the Witches to claw their way to a play off place.

Whatever happens from now is a bonus.

• Like 1

A shaky and nervous start but a great performance in the end and a well deserved play off place. Two important questions if anyone can answer, firstly who do we think will replace danyon Hume, presumably broken collarbones don't repair in a week, unless you use bostik or have healing hands, and secondly do Peterborough have an argument if they don't make the play offs, what I mean is we have made it on merit and points but Sheffield could be there by default. Potentially another speedway own goal?

A shaky and nervous start but a great performance in the end and a well deserved play off place. Two important questions if anyone can answer, firstly who do we think will replace danyon Hume, presumably broken collarbones don't repair in a week, unless you use bostik or have healing hands, and secondly do Peterborough have an argument if they don't make the play offs, what I mean is we have made it on merit and points but Sheffield could be there by default. Potentially another speedway own goal?

Peterborough don't have an argument think they were offered Edinburgh date but did not have riders avialable which is their problem! they signed the riders. Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

So what happened to bringing me some of the buffet round guys , I waited all night after sending muffins and snacks round with Baldy and nothing arrived .

Anyway , mission accomplished in the meeting with a few hiccups/tapes/engine failure/seats coming loose and not firing on all cylinders but playoffs achieved as required !

Newcastle fans saying they had an off night but we had misfiring reserves tonight , Joe not himself and poor Scott Campos had his confidence knocked after falling while 2nd in ht 2.

We now have another meeting to look forward to next week with Eddyburgh coming to the Heath in the playoffs . Let's hope we can get a guest reserve who can score a few points and give ourselves a decent lead to take to Scotland .

Witches can use a rider eligible to ride NL with a 3 point PL Ave. Can't use Greaves as Sheffield in play offs. So that leaves Halsey and Perks from the PL. Bailey currently injured.

Could use a NL only rider, eg

Shanes or Coles.

Well done ippo.

I see Super Stevie Worrall struggled without my encouragement!

Hope the buffet went well and there's a big list signed up for the vip box.

Hope macca managed to climb over the fence to get in!

All quiet here so hoping to be along to see us turn over the broomsticks next week.

Nice to see the Panties given a wedgie!

• Like 3

So what happened to bringing me some of the buffet round guys , I waited all night after sending muffins and snacks round with Baldy and nothing arrived .

Anyway , mission accomplished in the meeting with a few hiccups/tapes/engine failure/seats coming loose and not firing on all cylinders but playoffs achieved as required !

Newcastle fans saying they had an off night but we had misfiring reserves tonight , Joe not himself and poor Scott Campos had his confidence knocked after falling while 2nd in ht 2.

We now have another meeting to look forward to next week with Eddyburgh coming to the Heath in the playoffs . Let's hope we can get a guest reserve who can score a few points and give ourselves a decent lead to take to Scotland .

We did have an off night Lindgren having a mare, Worrall off and on and missing Lambert more than caters for one of your reserves scoring 1 - 3 points below what he has been recently at home. That's not saying that's a fact.

Well done ippo.

I see Super Stevie Worrall struggled without my encouragement!

Hope the buffet went well and there's a big list signed up for the vip box.

Hope macca managed to climb over the fence to get in!

All quiet here so hoping to be along to see us turn over the broomsticks next week.

Nice to see the Panties given a wedgie!

Scotty, I can only echo the sentiments of others and hope things turn out well in Norwich.

The Buffet was unbelievable. Bruv's Bruv brought a table and me and got me in, so no need for the Indian Waiter rope trick tonight.

So it is us versus you next Thursday. My oh My, who would have thought it until the Massif lifted the team and then Ben and Danyon came in (not forgetting Danny Ayres) and the whole shebang just turned on its head.. It is definitely a case of where a crowd (or a section of it) can lift a team and the team responded and the Lazarus that was Ipswich witches rose from the bottom of the table. Brilliant stuff and makes you proud to be a Massif Member, despite all the criticism and petty jealousies on here.

Diamonds fans saying they had an off night? Well, I don't think the witches rode to their potential either and with Danny suffering a lose plug in one heat and Dynamite Dan missing injured, the gap could have been far bigger, imho.

Thanks to Scott Campos for filling in at short notice and so unlucky to drop it in Heat 2 when looking very secure in that position.

Edited by macca56
  • Like 2

Scotty, I can only echo the sentiments of others and hope things turn out well in Norwich.

The Buffet was unbelievable. Bruv's Bruv brought a table and me and got me in, so no need for the Indian Waiter rope trick tonight.

So it is us versus you next Thursday. My oh My, who would have thought it until the Massif lifted the team and then Ben and Danyon came in (not forgetting Danny Ayres) and the whole shebang just turned on its head.. It is definitely a case of where a crowd (or a section of it) can lift a team and the team responded and the Lazarus that was Ipswich witches rose from the bottom of the table. Brilliant stuff and makes you proud to be a Massif Member, despite all the criticism and petty jealousies on here.

Diamonds fans saying they had an off night? Well, I don't think the witches rode to their potential either and with Danny suffering a lose plug in one heat and Dynamite Dan missing injured, the gap could have been far bigger, imho.

We did and we were missing our top rider and by the way we are also missing one of the best reserves in the league in Mr Rose - I look forward to Sunday when we have our full team out. The winner of the play offs will come from Newcastle or Glasgow and you can bookmark that also.

• Like 2

The Newcastle full 1-7 would be favourites overall IMO. Missing Rose is a blow but still ahead.

I expect them to meet Somerset in the final (if they are kept apart??)

Glasgow a big threat to gatecrash and Edinburgh could spring a surprise if can dominate at home.

Witches the dark horses as despite the recent form there has been little against the top sides to gauge just how good we have been. Away at Newcastle on Sunday although having nothing on it itself will at least provide a marker as to whether we really are contenders.....

Sheffield the big outsiders.

Whatever will be will be....

But unfortunately we won't have our full team out, so I can only hope we can keep it close. Shame it's happened this way really as could have been 2 really good meetings. Just out of interest, do you not think somerset may possibly do okay since they topped the league?

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

well done on both teams securing their place in the play off,s . so glad ippo made it eventually . on a sour note---- good to see the panthers missing out . feel sorry for ged , but that,s speedway .

just may pay a visit to the more local tracks for one of the play off meetings .

• Like 1