British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Belle Vue - Swindon 14. 9. 16

Maybe he just felt embarrased and chucked it. As long as he wasn't saying it again fair enough, but these days you know what it's like. If he hadn't resigned there'd be a twitter campaign to get him sacked from his day job, arrested and sent to a reeducation camp.

Did anyone at the track complain, was anyone offended, I doubt it. OK he slipped up and used a word that some pc people complain about.

Thank god Lindback wasn't riding for Swindon.

Strange thing to say and most people today won't even understand its meaning.

I feel for Simon. Obviously a silly mistake to say it but he wasn't using it in a racist manner, not right of course and not sure how it came into his head. He apologised and shouldn't of lost his job, but into days PC world he and Belle Vue had no choice but to terminate his position. If they hadn't someone would of had a field day with it.

Fairly straight forward after heat 1. Every Aces rider coming up with a brilliant pass of the fast gating visitors at some time or another. I wouldn't critisise the Swindon riders too much, they were really trying and all of them were involved in good races at some point in the meeting.

Shame about the crowd again.

Tonight would have been a full house to celebrate the title but it was, like all the meetings since we all but qualified for knockout cup bit, well down on what you would expect. Thats six meetings now with on average less than half what you would expect. It will be easy to assess the crowds we probably would have got had we been chasing the title rather than just waiting for the knockout cup bit because in our next meeting we will be chasing the title. I'm expecting between 3500-4000 for the semi which is on average about 2000 up on the crowds since we all but qualified. In other words getting on for 20,000 down over the 6 meetings because of the qualifier and knockput cup format. And that's just at Belle Vue, it would be ridiculous to suggest the same doesn't happen at other tracks, not least because the fans are apparently saving money for the play offs!

I didn't hear or see any sign of anyone from Swindon? I thought there would have been some cheering or a bit of noise after the first heat 1-5 but nothing and I didn't see any coaches outside either. Yet again the myth about the mediocre mid table teams attracting big crowds is shown to be a load of bollox. There might be a few more than usual at lakeside of course but that seems doubtful as fans will obviously be saving their money for play offs.

I thought fans didn't bother with qualifiers just because it didn't matter after their team had qualified, it's no wonder crowds are down if fans are saving money as well!

I can't see us not picking Swindon or Lakeside after tonight. The crowd should be decent for the semi, I'd be surprised if we don't at least double tonights crowd as it's the first properly meaningful meeting since the beginning of August so there should be lots of fans with plenty of of money in their pockets.

Having said that it will be nowhere near what it would be against the world champion, so its a gamble. Not only might we lose the semi but Poole could beat the world champion which means we miss out on a full house for the final.

Even with 4,000 for the semi and a full house for the final we will never recoup the 20,000 we lost thanks to the qualifier and cup format, which is a shame. At least because its a cup semi final it's exciting though so that makes up for it, burp!

I also noticed that a fair few of the people who turned up for our 3rd meeting in 8 days were of the older generation, to see the 3 meeting has cost me £63,but that's ok as I don't have children of school age who need feeding,clothing, Bus fares ect, ect.

Mums and Dads and their children will be at the play off's and that is a good enough reason to have them. I understand you don't agree with them, plenty more do.

No at all, i dont give a monkeys what they have, yes it looks a good track and our meetings were very good, but as i said they can get a proper picture after the honeymoon period. End of next season would give them a good idea. Thats not jealousy, thats fact..

How can it be a fact as the end of next season is 12 months away, the best thing you can do is to go to bed and get a good night's sleep, hopefully when you wake up feeling refreshed you may then realise that the NSS is here to stay, as is the famous Belle Vue Aces, and the end of next season is still fiction till it arrives.

• Like 2

I'd like to see an excel spreadsheet of Starman's Speedway Star Sales figures. Week by week for the last 5 years and then a projection of how he sees sales up to the end of next season.

LETS GET THE FACTS ON THE TABLE.

Why all the debate in the NSS we have a great venue and we should be positive about the future ,mistakes were made but IMO the racing just get better and better it is a great advert for our sport .It looks like with Swindon we will have another brand new facility for the sport rather than hearing of tracks being lost through closure ,the NSS is a real gem for our sport and needs to be considered that way .

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 3

Well done Tunny, Doyley knackered from riding in 4 leagues and GP, and Morra going backwards after his max last week, not riding enough.

Good all round scoring from the Aces.

Why all the debate in the NSS we have a great venue and we should be positive about the future ,mistakes were made but IMO the racing just get better and better it is a great advert for our sport .It looks like with Swindon we will have another brand new facility for the sport rather than hearing of tracks being lost through closure ,the NSS is a real gem for our sport and needs to be considered that way .

all to do with one poster I'm afraid and everybody responding because brilliant stadium took along time coming swindon next
  • Like 1

all to do with one poster I'm afraid and everybody responding because brilliant stadium took along time coming swindon next

Probably - but the stadium will not be a patch on the NSS - it will be significantly smaller

Probably - but the stadium will not be a patch on the NSS - it will be significantly smaller

Stadiums are all well and good but we all know it's more important to get the track the right size, shape etc. I'm sure all involved @ Swindon will do their level best to create a good racing circuit, if needs be and the club are successful the stadium can be improved as they go, good luck to them..

• Like 1

As nw42 has said, get the shape right with good banking and the racing should be great