British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Ryan rode for buxton and has came on well this year only problem was he never got enough rides they were out every cup competition first round so only got a ride every 2/3 even 4 weeks unlike Luke who was riding most weeks with cradley give him plenty bike/race time he will do well

TEAM NEWS!

Last week the club were unfortunately faced with the news that Luke Chessell has decided to take a break from the sport and has sighted financial strain and a general disillusionment with the sport as his reasons.

Gary Havelock adds,

"While we are disappointed with the news we have to thank Luke for not leading us down the garden path and dropping us in it closer to the start of the season.
We have explored all avenues and feel we have found a hidden gem to replace Luke.
After a successful meeting with myself, Scott, Jamie and Dennis McCleary we confirm that our number 7 will be Ryan Blacklock.
Ryan's attitude and ambition really excites me and from everyone we've spoken to, giving up and backing off is not something in his vocabulary!"

The Workington based Blacklock joins the Bandits pending the necessary BSPA approval from national league Buxton where he has consistently held his own as a heat leader and also formed a popular pairing with our rider of the year Liam Carr in previous seasons.

The arrival of Ryan Blacklock to Berwick only adds what promises to be a spectacular season for the Bandits!

Information taken from Berwick Bandits Facebook page.

TEAM NEWS!

Last week the club were unfortunately faced with the news that Luke Chessell has decided to take a break from the sport and has sighted financial strain and a general disillusionment with the sport as his reasons.

Gary Havelock adds,

"While we are disappointed with the news we have to thank Luke for not leading us down the garden path and dropping us in it closer to the start of the season.

We have explored all avenues and feel we have found a hidden gem to replace Luke.

After a successful meeting with myself, Scott, Jamie and Dennis McCleary we confirm that our number 7 will be Ryan Blacklock.

Ryan's attitude and ambition really excites me and from everyone we've spoken to, giving up and backing off is not something in his vocabulary!"

The Workington based Blacklock joins the Bandits pending the necessary BSPA approval from national league Buxton where he has consistently held his own as a heat leader and also formed a popular pairing with our rider of the year Liam Carr in previous seasons.

The arrival of Ryan Blacklock to Berwick only adds what promises to be a spectacular season for the Bandits!

Information taken from Berwick Bandits Facebook page.

Did he not say at the end of the season that he was retiring?

Did he not say at the end of the season that he was retiring?

Our hidden gem seems to have had a change of heart, lets hope he can chip in with a few points along the way next season. Beating the other 2pt reserves on a reasonably regular bases must be his job in the team.

Great lad pretty sure he will do well once he gets a few race laps in

• Like 2

Refreshing to see the new promotion are sweeping aside the way other tracks fiddle about with which meetings can or can't be watched with a season ticket.

Every single meeting at Shielfield in 2017, league, cup, play-offs and any special open events for £249, OAPs and students £189 and all kids up to 16 absolutely free, every meeting.

A serious question: Is this the best season-ticket deal in British speedway?

• Like 4

Refreshing to see the new promotion are sweeping aside the way other tracks fiddle about with which meetings can or can't be watched with a season ticket.

Every single meeting at Shielfield in 2017, league, cup, play-offs and any special open events for £249, OAPs and students £189 and all kids up to 16 absolutely free, every meeting.

A serious question: Is this the best season-ticket deal in British speedway?

Sheffield are the cheapest at £240 for all league/KOC/Play-off/Challenge matches at Owlerton in 2017.

The cheapest of those offering all Champ Lge matches and 1 KOC match are Glasgow at £225.

In alphabetical order (so there is no bias) as far as I can make out the full list is:

Berwick £249 for all matches

Edinburgh £258 for all League matches and 1 KOC match

Glasgow £225 for all League matches and 1 KOC match

Ipswich £255 for the same as Edin and Glas

Newcastle £270 but it doesn't state what you get for that (but I believe it's all matches, but I could be wrong)

Peterborough £300 for all matches + Parking + prog

Redcar £230 All league matches and KOC matches inc any Play-off meetings, but doesn't inc Challenge matches, Individual meetings (Julie Lewis Memorial for example) or the Silver Helmet

Scunthorpe £N/A don't offer season tickets (bizarrely!)

Sheffield £240 All matches

Workington £245 but, like Newcastle, it doesn't state which matches are included and which aren't.

Thanks Steve, good report.

Parking and programmes are also to be thought about, but looking at these figures gives an interesting sweep across the league.

I like the simplicity of the "all meetings" deals, and also no quibbling about whether an over-65 is still working and stuff like that.

Plus the "all kids up to 16 free, every meeting" which is one of Berwick's best innovations in recent seasons.