British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Sad to see not much resembling a southern tour as was the case in years gone by, in fact I dont think Berwick even have two away meetings on consecutive nights never mind anything you would consider as a tour.

Sad to see not much resembling a southern tour as was the case in years gone by, in fact I dont think Berwick even have two away meetings on consecutive nights never mind anything you would consider as a tour.

Not so many "southern" clubs in the league this year. On the plus side it could mean better crowds at home this year. Look at the teams we are losing, Rye House, Plymouth and Somerset, none of these brought many fans.

I have heard that the supporters club are running a bus to Cardiff on GP weekend taking in the Pairs as well (and maybe the U21 meeting on the Sunday on the way home?) might be more comes out through time.

Latest Bandit Mail states:

Track improvements at Shielfield Park are well underway and the Courtney brothers, Gary Havelock and all the staff at your club are making it their top priority that they bring the best version possible of Berwick Speedway to the tapes

Anyone know what the improvements are / will be? As previously discussed, there's little room (pun intended) to widen the corners due to the pitch etc. Curious as at what they can do.

Latest Bandit Mail states:

Anyone know what the improvements are / will be? As previously discussed, there's little room (pun intended) to widen the corners due to the pitch etc. Curious as at what they can do.

I think they are doing a lot of work on the 3rd and 4th raising it a little from the bottom. I think all of the boards and posts have to be changed aswell

• Like 1

. You not going to get a southern tour now though. No Rye. No Plymouth No Somerset. Think the furthest south is Ipswich and they race same night as likes Sheffield so you can't combine. On top of that Peterborough and Scunthorpe list majority of home as Sunday dates. Stumped for southern tours then. Best if your SC maybe did an Ipswich with a Premiership meeting. Edited by Barnstormer

Horrendous fixture list from the point of view of having a mini-tour.

• Like 1

see my earlier comment mate. Where is your club going to get a mini tour ? Scunthorpe and Peterborough mainly race day after you and no Monday tracks. Why not take in say Scunthorpe or Peterborough Sunday and say Wolves a Monday. By way just looked at likes Glasgow and Edinbro lists And they seem to be in same position. Edited by Barnstormer

see my earlier comment mate. Where is your club going to get a mini tour ? Scunthorpe and Peterborough mainly race day after you and no Monday tracks. Why not take in say Scunthorpe or Peterborough Sunday and say Wolves a Monday. By way just looked at likes Glasgow and Edinbro lists And they seem to be in same position.

I think you'll find that Scunthorpe and Peterborough have changed to Friday's in recent years for us... that's why they are saying that they are dissapointed that it isn't the case this year, going to see your team once is just an away day not a tour imo.

I think you'll find that Scunthorpe and Peterborough have changed to Friday's in recent years for us... that's why they are saying that they are dissapointed that it isn't the case this year, going to see your team once is just an away day not a tour imo.

trouble is they would then getting rest wanting changes too. Eg Glasgow Edinburgh. If not mistaken that's why Plymouth stuck to the Friday as opposed to going Saturday to give northern clubs chance to do Somerset on the night before. It's a no win isn't it

I think they are doing a lot of work on the 3rd and 4th raising it a little from the bottom. I think all of the boards and posts have to be changed aswell

Personaly think they have to reduce the banking on the 3rd 4th bend to slow the riders down little to maybe produce a pass if there is a mistake made.As it is just now it is just flat out stuff.Interesting though! Kevin says there will be more dirt on the track!!!! Which is a plus IMO

You could still do a tour, just not all the meetings will involve Berwick, but I`m sure any tracks you could visit would be very welcome of the extra few through their gate and of course their bar takings would go up, for the reasons posted already. Anyway as is mentioned on the fixture list fixtures are liable to change making any kind of arrangements a bit of a gamble.

We've been looking at lists and we see we are at Peterborough on a Friday which is May 15 but sadly not Thursday track the night before.

fair point but not much of a holiday time and is that the only Friday panthers list ? To be fair Berwick couldn't do Ipswich or Sheffield night before both Thursday tracks as they race each other and and return is next night. Only other is Redcar

fair point but not much of a holiday time and is that the only Friday panthers list ? To be fair Berwick couldn't do Ipswich or Sheffield night before both Thursday tracks as they race each other and and return is next night. Only other is Redcar

Peterborough at the minute are due to race on two other Friday nights other than against Berwick, Scunthorpe March 24th, then Sheffield July 14th.