British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole Sign Lindback

Being handicapped yourself do you get a staff discount?

no but I almost died from strep pneumonia back in 2013 and spent 3 weeks in a coma which was lovely for my children to come and visit me all tubed up not knowing if I was going to make it. Perhaps you could ask my kids if they like the idea of me being handicapped

I can't believe no one has said it yet but let's spare a thought for Hans here. A serious injury has ended his season when a potential league winners medal was waiting. To be struck down with a horrific broken finger at this stage is sickening for him. #prayforHans

At last someone caring about the riders ..I suggest he's go on the Golf Course with Dakota North to fully recover ..it's amazing how busy that golf course get's come play off time

• Like 4

no but I almost died from strep pneumonia back in 2013 and spent 3 weeks in a coma which was lovely for my children to come and visit me all tubed up not knowing if I was going to make it. Perhaps you could ask my kids if they like the idea of me being handicapped

Still hard at it Gav ?

You might struggle after two.

Hundred.

Zzzzzzzz.

Sorry, there was me thinking you being dropped on your head at birth was serious enough. My deepest apologies.

PIRATES boss Matt Ford has made a sensational swoop to bring back Antonio Lindback after a 10-year Poole hiatus.

The Rio Rocket has been confirmed as a replacement for injured Hans Andersen ahead of next week's Elite League play-offs.

Swedish GP star Lindback comes in on a 7.00 average having been assessed following a nine-year absence from British speedway, his last foray on these shores being a largely unsuccessful spell at Belle Vue in 2007.

Lindback is a terrace favourite at Wimborne Road having claimed Elite League titles with Poole in 2003 and 2004. He is currently eighth in the Grand Prix standings.

Boss Ford told the Echo: "Rule 16.3.4.1 says you can have a seven-day window to replace a long-term injured rider for the play-offs, which is what we are doing to bring Antonio in.

"Timing wise it's perfect and it's a dream for me to bring Anton back. I never thought we'd get the chance again."

Pirates look almost certain to face Wolves in the semi-finals, with the first leg at Wimborne Road on Wednesday. That clash would feature four of the current world top-10 in Chris Holder, Lindback, world champion Tai Woffinden and Swede Freddie Lindgren.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/14746421.Speedway__Poole_Pirates_swoop_to_bring_in_Antonio_Lindback_for_play_offs/

Welcome home Antonio :lol:

I agree with you. but thats speedway as we all know.

I feel for Poole as well as it always seems to be them who lose a key rider at this time of the year. Almost makes me want to cheer on the Pirates as the underdogs in the play offs as they are always forced into late changes which must be unsettling.

I don't think it changes anything to be honest. Lindback hasn't ridden Poole regularly for years. Be very good if he matches Hans scoring. As for Monmore, again its going to take him a couple of rides to feel his way around and Andersen is pretty decent around there. I Think it makes us weaker though some will disagree. And that might be that anyway. Wolves could muller us and our season over bar the Blue Ribband in October.

Just as I said.

Weaker... :rofl: Wonder what Hans thinks. ​

Lock up your daughters!

Anyone know where I can buy Hans Andersen wristbands. #prayforhansie

Cheating scumbags, back with a bang.

• Like 4

I feel for Poole as well as it always seems to be them who lose a key rider at this time of the year. Almost makes me want to cheer on the Pirates as the underdogs in the play offs as they are always forced into late changes which must be unsettling.

Definately mate..

ah amazing you say you worked in the industry yet have no idea how it works! Mats come with every car and change the stereo lol what's that about! We close at 6 and we stay late in September for a sale event as it's the new plate but hey let's chat about the car trade rather than Lindback!

"Used" to work you young whippersnapper, many years ago. If you're going to try and be clever at least read the posts before spouting bile.

Actually, judging by your photo, no wonder you use Miss Savage as an avatar. you look about as trustworthy as a estate agent, no wonder you can't hit your quota and have to work late.

Lock up your daughters!

Anyone know where I can buy Hans Andersen wristbands. #prayforhansie

Cheating scumbags, back with a bang.

Now thats real class. What else did you get for your 2nd birthday...

• Like 1

"Used" to work you young whippersnapper, many years ago. If you're going to try and be clever at least read the posts before spouting bile.

Actually, judging by your photo, no wonder you use Miss Savage as an avatar. you look about as trustworthy as a estate agent, no wonder you can't hit your quota and have to work late.

He hates it now he isnt in control doesnt he ? Feels hard trying to bully starman, but now hes been outed and everyone knows hes a dodgy second hand car salesman he looks even more foolish.

• Like 2

He hates it now he isnt in control doesnt he ? Feels hard trying to bully starman, but now hes been outed and everyone knows hes a dodgy second hand car salesman he looks even more foolish.

new cars do keep up

Does he really believe fans would turn out at Belle Vue for Wolverhampton and not for Poole?

No he doesn't, he's an idiot.

If Poole make the final and its against Belle Vue, you can be sure there will be a lot of travelling fans heading up from the south coast, regardless of the distance.

Does he really believe fans would turn out at Belle Vue for Wolverhampton and not for Poole?

If Poole make the final and its against Belle Vue, you can be sure there will be a lot of travelling fans heading up from the south coast, regardless of the distance.

He's a tool, or a Cog.