British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole Sign Lindback

Why would I have double standards?

Woffinden had a valid average that was less than the rider he replaced so absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Lindback on the other hand doesnt

Poole are CHEATING SCUMBAGS!

Think you had better apologise to Poole speedway for your comments. Have you just read what Andersen has just posted?

• Like 1

Think you had better apologise to Poole speedway for your comments. Have you just read what Andersen has just posted?

He didn't post anything about averages.

This is a more credible solution than using guests though.

Edited by CB252

you got your wish mate I'm leaving the forum. You feel the need to bully me, make personal insults about disability and my family and plaster private stuff on the forum. I don't need to deal with people like yourself so that's all from me. Enjoy

Hallelujah..

I'm actually annoyed i've missed all this tho because of work.

Totally self inflicted and will hopefully see a bit of sense return to this place, like it did last time he went on holiday...

In terms of Lindbäck's reassessed average it's spot on.

Being a GP rider is totally irrelevant when giving riders assessed averages.

It's all to do with how they've performed in foreign league competitions based on the previous season.

In 2015 Lindbäck obtained a 7.58 average in the Elitserien.

Lindbäck also only raced the Polish 2nd tier in 2015 with an 8.75 average.

With those figures a 7.00 is the absolute maximum the BSPA could possibly give after being away from the British League for more than 3 years.

The only thing that doesn't sit correct is if Hans Andersen rides in the Euro's on Saturday.

If he does his injury status isn't season ending & long term, only then could & should Lindbäck's inclusion be contested.

IMO, the press release from Poole is either premature or they know Hans isn't going to be available Saturday.

• Like 1

will hopefully see a bit of sense return to this place...

Not likely. Did you read some of the other posters on here?

The thread somehow descended into a discussion about Gavans work life.

All rather odd.

Probably Gav that sold (conned) me that second hand MG ZS I bought few years back. Chap looked a bit like that (then) faggot Lily Savage thing. Come on gav own up.

I find this post totally offensive - just as bad as the BV announcer who had the decency to apologise and retract - I'm waiting!

• Like 2

In terms of Lindbäck's reassessed average it's spot on.

Being a GP rider is totally irrelevant when giving riders assessed averages.

It's all to do with how they've performed in foreign league competitions based on the previous season.

In 2015 Lindbäck obtained a 7.58 average in the Elitserien.

Lindbäck also only raced the Polish 2nd tier in 2015 with an 8.75 average.

With those figures a 7.00 is the absolute maximum the BSPA could possibly give after being away from the British League for more than 3 years.

The only thing that doesn't sit correct is if Hans Andersen rides in the Euro's on Saturday.

If he does his injury status isn't season ending & long term, only then could & should Lindbäck's inclusion be contested.

IMO, the press release from Poole is either premature or they know Hans isn't going to be available Saturday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKZD0b7gTS4/

If Hans doesn't ride again this season fine. However if he rides on Saturday and completes his programmed rides the BSPA should block the move.

Agreed.

Only question is how is Antonio a 7 point rider & not an 8 point one?.

it's crazy that he has had a point taken off!

But hasn't ridden over here for ages, so can apply for it to be reassessed.

fair, but since when have GP riders been assessed as a 7, usually an 8.

If he has an assessed average like Tai did then its fine

since when has Tai's 2014 been assessed?

So regardless of whether he rides on Saturday, he is injured now so can be replaced.

Simple.

he isn't injured. He is planning to ride Saturday. Hopefully the MC will put a block on the move. The extra week given for injured riders is for a season ending one, not one who plans to make a comeback before the play offs even start!

Genuine question. If Belle Vue signed Sayfutdinov To replace Fricke on a 7 that be okay?

So clearly the deal was finalised a while back and released after the 14th September. Having not ridden here for a while Toninio got a slight reduction on his average.

Slight??? Nearly a point isn't slight.

Correct though im sure it wont be seen that way by some.

Im just wondering why no Poole fans are moaning that he is just coming over here for the end of the season like they did Tai! Few hypocrites i guess.

As ive said though he is good to watch and really makes Poole long odds on favourites to win the league now

To be fair, don't think there were any Poole fans moaning at all... I think we were all congratulating them actually? In fact, if I recall, it was you complaining about all the moaning Poole fans, but there wasn't a moaning Poole fan in sight :D Well that's our Gavan for ya!

I reckon this will become the norm. Get through to the play offs and then swap out one of your riders for a GP rider contracted to do 4 meetings.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

Poole Speedway - CHEATING SCUMBAGS!!

• Like 4