British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole Sign Lindback

It would have been had he rode one more meeting..

Now you do sound very sad...

Actually I'm very happy and looking forward to having a great weekend

I walked in last night, saw the news on this forum that Poole had brought in a GP rider to replace a non GP rider and was very annoyed. Upon reflection - nothing, absolutely nothing that has been said on this forum has changed my mind.

As I said last night - it might be in the rules but its not right.

Not blaming Lindback obviously, not in a way Matt Ford/Poole (although I was waiting for something to happen as the play offs came near), so the blames goes to those making the rules, along with those who approved of them, and those that apply them.

I have seen Hans ride a few times this year, and obviously seen Lindback in all the GPs, and to say they can be classed so similar that AL can replace HA is just so illogical. Same with Tai replacing Joonas at Wolves. I know Kylymacorpi is a long track world champ, but that not a speedway world champ, there is a difference.

I have missed just over 30 years of speedway after being a strong BV Hyde Rd fan from the late50's. Went once to the greyhound track and then quit, started watching GPs in 2013 on telly and live at Cardiff, went to the new BV NSS for the Fri/Sat world cup and loved it.

I was thinking next year to start going to BV again, as when I could afford it - but not now, British speedway is in serious problems...... virtually all of you have been saying that all year on this forum....and I come to agree.

This farcical episode, together with Tai returning to Wolves at a critical point of the season just doesnt dwell easy with me and I am not putting my money where I dont think I am going to get a value of enjoyment for it.

Those who are influencing and making decisions re British speedway need there heads banging together, and sort this mess out now.

Someone suggested earlier in this thread that as long as punters keep going through the gate of stadiums, paying good money, nothing will change much. Well here is one that was thinking of going back to the sport I love, but nah! not whilst the situation is as it is.

• Like 3

Any time Poole have signed a rider on a false average we get murdered for it - "he wasn't trying for half a season" and "deliberate average manipulation by XXX".

As per speedway-stats.co.uk Tai's UK averages have been as follows:

2011 Tai Woffinden - 8.38

2012 Tai Woffinden - 8.76

2013 Tai Woffinden - 9.25

2014 Tai Woffiden - 7.06

2016 Tai Woffinden - 8.50 (five matches only)

Spot the odd one out!?? Regardless of being legal, it stinks. Use common-sense and re-assess.

Okay - I get where you are coming from - the use of assessment. We shall have to agree to disagree on this point. Yes it can be abused, but there are cases when common sense needs to prevail.

You're missing a key thing here.

When Poole have had stick it's when one of their riders has gone out on loan and then returned with a much lower average. Very, very different situation.

Woffinden rode a full year and achieved his averaged. Wolves suffered from that. There is no comparison.

If NONE of the other clubs in the Play Offs promotions have any problem with the signing of Woffinden & Lindback lets just get on with it ! ..I am sure if anything wrong had been done the other clubs would be all over it like a rash .. In my opinion Woffy makes Wolfs a lot stronger ..but I think there is not a lot in it regarding Lindback ..... Just one question WHO will start the " Cheats Never Prosper thread " ? ( there is not a prize )

Gavan has finally realised he was making a pillock of himself and quit the forum.

Seriously the odds are in favour of the Poole knockers starting this thread because for Poole to win the title they have a massive task against Wolves, and if by some luck they get past that, they have Belle Vue who have beaten us three times out of four this season.

So odds stacked that we will get that thread.

Don't forget Poole fans, Adam Ellis is riding in the World U21 final second leg tonight and its live to watch at 6pm.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Gavan has finally realised he was making a pillock of himself and quit the forum.

Seriously the odds are in favour of the Poole knockers starting this thread because for Poole to win the title they have a massive task against Wolves, and if by some luck they get past that, they have Belle Vue who have beaten us three times out of four this season.

So odds stacked that we will get that thread.

Don't forget Poole fans, Adam Ellis is riding in the World U21 final second leg tonight and its live to watch at 6pm.

Lets hope he comes through that ..

The top 5's of Poole and Wolves are pretty evenly matches, the big advantage for Poole will be at reserve.

The other key is it appears Holder is running into something like his best form whilst Lindgren is tailing off.

The top 5's of Poole and Wolves are pretty evenly matches, the big advantage for Poole will be at reserve.

The other key is it appears Holder is running into something like his best form whilst Lindgren is tailing off.

Poole BV and Wolves are very evenly matched. It could go anyway..Depends who gets the rub of the green on the nights..

Edited by Starman2006

@BWitcher I feel we have a difference of opinion due to inherent bias of clubs supported (especially me). I understand your point of view but don't whole-heartedly agree with it. I'd like common-sense to prevail and for British speedway to be run by people who don't allow such flagrant rule-bending and abuse year-in and year-out, which includes re-assessing Woffinden to a more representative average after his absence.

Feel free to reply, but I feel we're just going to go round-and-round-and-round here...

@BWitcher I feel we have a difference of opinion due to inherent bias of clubs supported (especially me). I understand your point of view but don't whole-heartedly agree with it. I'd like common-sense to prevail and for British speedway to be run by people who don't allow such flagrant rule-bending and abuse year-in and year-out, which includes re-assessing Woffinden to a more representative average after his absence.

Feel free to reply, but I feel we're just going to go round-and-round-and-round here...

I agree with most of what you say, but re-assessing a rider who has completed a full season very recently would just be making things far worse.

• Like 1

Lindback's last average was 4.15 at Belle Vue!

He may still get this average this season. Nothing is easy even in this league.

I would have said 7.50 would have been fair especially bringing in a British World Champion on a 7 average.

To me, that makes more of a mockery of the sport than Antonio's signing, both legal or not.

Think there isn't too much to complain about and glad to see another quality rider back in this country.

Edited by Joe Beevers
  • Like 1

You keep on about that but there is absolutely no reason for Woffinden to be reassessed as he hasn't been away long enough.

I think, in reality, everyone knows that both clybs have landed on their feet this year with Woffinden's average and the one that Lindback has been reassessed at. But of the two it's only Lindback's average that is in any way dubious.

Lindback's last average was 4.15 at Belle Vue!

It would have been had he rode one more meeting..

Except it wasn't. Don't let that get in the way of a good "fact" though.