British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole Sign Lindback

wrong but hey don't let that bother you

He won't, says the alledged Ippo fan... :rofl:

Surely Poole would have had a Drs note for Hans stating he is injured, enabling us to use a facility for him. Therefore at this point in time , he is injured. Would you agree that tai is also not a 7pter?

An open question for anyone informed, as speedway riders are self employed riding across various countries and competitions, Hans lining up to ride in an individual event is surely different to a team event, so he could declare himself fit as he is not bound to league regulations in an individual ?

Poole will have a medical certificate from a orthopedic consultant/surgeon. That IS, standard practice.

There is,but only to riders new to the EL

But surely a rider who has been absent for too long to have am official average shoukd be assessed to those criteria?

Who remember that TV show from the seventies, for kids on ITV - RUNAROUND? Presented by comedian Mike Read.

That is what the Play-Offs remind me of.

• Like 2

Gets boring the elite league when season after season the same team pull a stunt. Nothing to say anymore but boy this will go into meltdown if Hans rides on Saturday!! Don't care who wins the league now just as long as it isn't Poole with yet another hollow victory!

Didn't you whinge the same crud last year???

• Like 1

Maybe he's testing it at practice, who knows how the promoters decide anything!

If he's testing then it shouldn't be allowed through. Deadline is tomorrow I believe Saturday is too late.

Only those that don't have a current average (ie have been away for 3+ seasons). This is why Tai's signing is OK and Lindback's isn't

CHEATING SCUMBAGS!

So lindback signing is fine as he's been away for 9 seasons. Thanks for clearing that one up

Gets boring the elite league when season after season the same team pull a stunt. Nothing to say anymore but boy this will go into meltdown if Hans rides on Saturday!! Don't care who wins the league now just as long as it isn't Poole with yet another hollow victory!

Nevermind eh, you'l get over it. by next march maybe... Didn't go to Ippo again, some fan you are...

Edited by Starman2006

Dudek,Vaculik and Laguta should be assessed on the leagues they participate in according to SCB rules

I posted earlier exactly what had happened with Lindback. I was told at the time that those other riders were also on the same average as Lindback. I didn't pursue questioning on this as it was going off tangent.

Perhaps the bspa have decided that to coax quality riders back to the el they will make their averages low to help promotions try and bring them back in. But that is speculation on my behalf.

• Like 1

Only those that don't have a current average (ie have been away for 3+ seasons). This is why Tai's signing is OK and Lindback's isn't

CHEATING SCUMBAGS!

That'll help! And in CAPS . Beh. No pleasing some.

So lindback signing is fine as he's been away for 9 seasons. Thanks for clearing that one up

That's not even remotely what I said - I have no problem with his signing if he was replacing Holder but not for Hans - that's just plain wrong!

Would you agree that tai is also not a 7pter?

Woffinden is using an earned average from 2 seasons ago (when he was the reigning World Champion) acquired in an almost identical race format to the one being used now, so there's absolutely no issue with it.

Lindback also has an average, all be it one attained many seasons ago, but I can't imagine anyone sane sitting down and thinking that re-assessing the average of the British Grand Prix winner to 7.00 is a good idea. Only in British Speedway eh?

• Like 4

If you think Woffinden for Kylmokorpi was ok, you can have no gripe whatsoever on Lindback for Andersen.

Where have i said i have a gripe with the Lindback signing.I have merely stated you thought Wolves signing Woffinden was wrong,but the Lindback one is ok.If you think the Lindback signing is ok you must think the Woffinden one is ok too.

Now i will have a gripe with the Lindback signing if Andersen proves his fitness and is ok.