British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole Sign Lindback

Belle Vue v Wolves final. Full house.

Belle Vue V Poole final. Not full?

Sorry can't believe Wolves would be a bigger pull just because of Woffinden. Its the final. Sold out signs should be up even if it was Lakeside.

• Like 1

Where's Gavan gone ? I would guess stomping off to watch his beloved PL side. He'l have the right hump tonight... :rofl:

I don't disagree

No I don't suppose you would. Obviously you can't see the end of your nose? When stunts like this are pulled they do immense damage to the creditability of our league and people like you are too blind to see. So too are the powers of the BSPA who haven't the strength needed to run the ship on an even keel. Allowing Riders like Woffy and Lindback in at this late stage is so short term, they only come here only to feather their nest, they have no allegiance to this league only the money when it suits them......

But to allow them to do so on ridiculously averages in an insult to all the other riders and teams. It was once conceived that all SGP riders be assessed 8. By allowing them to ride on these points, the BSPA have done the dirty on BV, Lakeside and Swindon and they are the teams who played it by the book......

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 8

They call it 'assessed' when they are using an average more than 12 months old I believe.. that was his achieved average however.

Lindback's is not.. That's what I mean :)

His 7.94 was his average when he left us for BV. Had he rode one more meeting for BV he would have had an average of 4.15..

His 7.94 was his average when he left us for BV. Had he rode one more meeting for BV he would have had an average of 4.15..

So?

He didn't.

So?

He didn't.

So there you go. What you moaning at... Dont like it e'mail the BSPA offices..

Edited by Starman2006

🙈🙈🙈

Do the maths ffs!

Swindon drew a crowd of 1300 (at best according to you), if I'm right about an extra 2000 fans turning up for a title chasing meeting that's derrr.. 3300 AND WE COULD LOSE, do you get that last bit?

The world champion will draw a pretty much full house, 6000, that's over £100grand in the bank win or lose!

If we win we face Poole who drew a crowd of 1500 but have also introduced a gp rider so that will add some and it will obviously be the final so the crowd might be as good as the world champion but I doubt it but for the benefit of this exercise let's assume its another full house.

We have the choice, £100,000 pretty much guaranteed with another nearly as much if we win, or a possible £60,000 (at best and only if I'm right about the extra 2000 for a title chasing meeting) if we pick the 4th place team and lose or £160,000 if we win.

Do it my way and we could bank £200,000!!! Don't do of my way and we could bank £60,000.

I'm FfS you because you keep going on and on and on and on and on and on.

• Like 3

Ive no problem with this signing tbh , an ex pirate , exciting rider, think it makes poole fav too

OK here is the answer to all your questions on Lindbacks average. You can take it from me this is absolutely the truth, kosher, fact.

Antonio Lindback has been out of action in the uk since 2007, when he acheived an average of 6.34 from 11 meetings. So the bspa reassess riders who have been out of the uk for an extended period.

He has been put on the same average as Zmarzlik, Dudek, Vaculik and Laguta.

So his average fits no problem at all. While this may pee off some of you, it means Poole have not cheated and fiddled Antonio Lindbacks average.

I thank you.

• Like 1

The 'long term injury' replacement rule is a SCB/BSPA rule for the British Elite League play-offs. What happens abroad stays abroad!! :-)

• Like 1

Surely Lindback should be assessed at 5.00 or 6.00 seeing as he has been absent for nearly a decade?

• Like 1

Does anybody care about the foundations of league racing in the country? Do rules exist or are they about as bendable as my old pair of slippers?

People are getting all chatty - "It'll be the best "Play-Offs ever" some say. It is the reasoning of a make-do sport, with make-do rules, make-do stadiums and loyalty of remaining supporters that accept anything.

It's like we've found a game in the attic but it has no rules. Make them up as we go along... who needs them?

Why don't we just ditch the bread-and-butter riders out of the sides in the last four? We could mash-up the best riders - introduce the ones that don't ride here but their foreign jaunts have now dried up and they need a few hours' work. Oh... here's another grand idea... what about signing the best riders who raced the season in Britain but didn't manage to reach the end-of-season pantomime with their respective clubs? I mean, why do some riders over here have to end the season early because their teams failed to make the cut, and yet we're bringing blokes over who didn't want to race here but have now decided there's not much else on?

Start from scratch... ditch all the original line-ups of March through September, and pick the strongest sides possible, and forget what the last six months have been about. They meant nowt anyway.

Who needs rules, eh....

Which team would get first pick of the riders?

Conventional speedway has turned into those Wembley indoor meets we all used to love. It exists just to give the few remaining regulars their kick.

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 8

I'm FfS you because you keep going on and on and on and on and on and on.

I know a song about that.. Hanging out the pain taking all ive got again bleeding me leaving me dry..... on ya toes.......... :t:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Do the maths ffs!

Swindon drew a crowd of 1300 (at best according to you), if I'm right about an extra 2000 fans turning up for a title chasing meeting that's derrr.. 3300 AND WE COULD LOSE, do you get that last bit?

The world champion will draw a pretty much full house, 6000, that's over £100grand in the bank win or lose!

If we win we face Poole who drew a crowd of 1500 but have also introduced a gp rider so that will add some and it will obviously be the final so the crowd might be as good as the world champion but I doubt it but for the benefit of this exercise let's assume its another full house.

We have the choice, £100,000 pretty much guaranteed with another nearly as much if we win, or a possible £60,000 (at best and only if I'm right about the extra 2000 for a title chasing meeting) if we pick the 4th place team and lose or £160,000 if we win.

Do it my way and we could bank £200,000!!! Don't do of my way and we could bank £60,000.

YOU obviously know Manchester better than me but ... 6,000. That's a lot of people who don't usually attend speedway.

• Like 1