British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Matt Ford's Flying Circus

Maybe Shovlar actually has a point, I remember him riding for BV and being awful, maybe these meetings have been taken into account?

Maybe Shovlar actually has a point, I remember him riding for BV and being awful, maybe these meetings have been taken into account?

One more meeting for BV and he would have had a 4.15 average. Yeh Steves got a point...

Glad you are embarrassed. I think you will find that I was referring to Poole Speedway since I don't recall any supporters being named in the team. Was it 8-10 times? Best add another one to that - CHEATING SCUMBAGS! If the cap fits...

The most predicable reply from Mr Angry ( who of course will deny it in his usual way ) I'm embarrassed for you because I seem to remember you worked as a teacher? ( forgive me if I'm wrong ) and I wonder how they would think with you making such a spectacle of yourself on a public forum...

The most predicable reply from Mr Angry ( who of course will deny it in his usual way ) I'm embarrassed for you because I seem to remember you worked as a teacher? ( forgive me if I'm wrong ) and I wonder how they would think with you making such a spectacle of yourself on a public forum...

A teacher :rofl: Nope.

Looks like I've touched a nerve - lol

A bore then..

One more meeting for BV and he would have had a 4.15 average. Yeh Steves got a point...

Not really,because he didn't do that one meeting he needed to get a new average,so it stayed at his original average.Just like all the other riders who didn't complete 12 meetings.Those were how they done the averages back then.

Not really,because he didn't do that one meeting he needed to get a new average,so it stayed at his original average.Just like all the other riders who didn't complete 12 meetings.Those were how they done the averages back then.

I know that, just making the point.

Looks like I've touched a nerve - lol

You are incapable of touching my nerves thank you!.... Thank goodness you are not a teacher for the good sake of the children/students.

I thought I remember you talking about working in a school or some form of educational job? ...On reflection who cares what you personally get up to but you are still an embarrassment on this forum. However if you want to carry on with the attention seeking ( and of course you will ) then please do so.

Edited by Poole Quay 7

Tbf to take an average from 10 years ago would have been utterly ridiculous.An assessed average is logical. The issue is how was 7 arrived at? By any measure you would expect lindback -or any comparable rider - to be assessed higher.

Look at the riders in the EL averaging around 7 - none are near his calibre. 7.5 or 8 would both have been reasonable.

7 I'd ludicrous, and I don't blame poole I blame whoever approved this.

• Like 2

Tbf to take an average from 10 years ago would have been utterly ridiculous.An assessed average is logical. The issue is how was 7 arrived at? By any measure you would expect lindback -or any comparable rider - to be assessed higher.

You would think so, but if it wasn't approved then Matt wouldn't have followed it up. There must be a genuine reason for it..

Edited by Starman2006

What is the 6.34 Shovvy refers to? Is it what he actually averaged over 11 meetings, or a rolling average which would have become official had he ridden one more meeting. And then how does the 4.15 fit in?

You would think so, but if it wasn't approved then Matt wouldn't have followed it up. There must be a genuine reason for it..

Ford obviously applied in the hopes of getting the average reduced to below Andersen's. I'm not sure how you know he wouldn't have pursued it had his application been refused.

As for genuine reasons for the assessment yes, obviously there were reasons, whether they were genuine reasons we don't know. It is difficult for most of us to understand the rationale behind it and it looks to me that they knew how ridiculous it would look and so tried to justify it by apparently mentioning other riders that most would expect to be assessed higher than 7. Of course they were aware of the fact that no other team was in a position to sign any of those other riders.

Edited by Aces51

Ford obviously applied in the hopes of getting the average reduced to below Andersen's. I'm not sure how you know he wouldn't have pursued it had his application been refused.

As for genuine reasons for the assessment yes, obviously there were reasons,

Because he would probably had gone with guests which is not an ideal situation. As for the reason nobodys knows.

Edited by Starman2006

The 6.34 was from his time at Belle Vue. The bspa have taken the 6.34 from 11 meetings. Some bv fan will surely have the stats from the time he was with them.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

The 6.34 was from his time at Belle Vue. The bspa have taken the 6.34 from 11 meetings. Some bv fan will surely have the stats from the time he was with them.

Thought he averaged under 5 for bv?