British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle Vs Ipswich Pl Sun 18 Sept 6.30pm

:party: :party: :party: :party: and by the way we were actually missing 2 riders but don't let facts get in your way.

Missing 1 from your current officialy listed 1 to 7 but hey don't let facts get in your way !

• Like 1

Makes a change from being full of toilet dung

i suppose but you normally post pretty rationale.

As the speedway season reaches a climax i sense a sudden change in the baldymans persona...... Is it nerves?? Is the whole carryon having an effect?? 😱

A think Ippo done ok for the team they put out,,,

Danny King, was Danny King,,,

r/r, 4pts was probly no more than sarj wudda got,,,

Covatti, disappointing,,,

Risager & Barker, impressive, but probly wont score points like that again at Brough in a while,,,

and the other 2 must av made DP happy,,,

some good determind riding from the Diamonds, nontheless, for a 'nothing' match,,,

referee, couple of 'clangers',,, IMO ;)

• Like 1

i suppose but you normally post pretty rationale.

As the speedway season reaches a climax i sense a sudden change in the baldymans persona...... Is it nerves?? Is the whole carryon having an effect?? 😱

Could be the alcohol

• Like 1

Are'nt heat leaders supposed to be the 'stars' of a team? If so, then Ippy brought their big guns. How many in the so called ' paying public' actually base their attend decision on if a teams stars are attending as to whether the young hopeful is in situ? Many tonight would have come to see Danny and Ben, while also gauging potential play-off opposition fully realising that a home victory was highly likely.

• Like 1

Missing 1 from your current officialy listed 1 to 7 but hey don't let facts get in your way !

The rider in question, if not injured would have been riding but go on crack on

Edited by acclennell

Well, we did what we had to do and that was to win well. Ippy still provided some good races with Barker and Risager riding well, not a 100% King after he blew his best engine after heat 1 finished, and Covatti failing just not to repeat his exciting form he did the last time Ippy rode at Brough. With the hastily arranged guests not really being up to racing at this level, all the Diamonds scored well, but there was still some blows to our big 4, with none of them getting maxi's. Given the circumstances our Danny stepped up, but Victor and Ash didn't score as you would expect, but nevertheless, we still saw some cracking races and brill overtaking, especially Steve's overtaking from last to first, and the ruthless blast around the outside by Robert. Fabulous stuff.

I think that if Ippy were going to have a bit misfortune, this was the one to have it in, save your usual performance and recent form for the target thats ahead of us both, the PlayOffs. All teams have bad luck at some stage, and Ippy have plenty of time to overcome the current obstacles to compete in the PO's.

In the case of poster Hawk127, you sound as if you have issues to suit your cause. All teams get problems getting guests, and when your bottom end riders, who are in form, dip out from illness or injury, you aren't going to find the greatest replacements at the drop of a hat. I know that posters on here are always better than their management, but even YOU couldn't have put a better team out in such short notice. with who was available.

Not a bad meeting with good racing on our usual fit for racing track, followed by another good meeting between the local Gems against the Halifax Dukes at NJL level. A good night all round.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

shocking choice of guests by ipswich imo - robbed the public big style!

The problem was 1) it was very short notice for one of them to drop out and 2) there was NINE NL teams riding yesterday.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 3

The problem was 1) it was very short notice for one of them to drop out and 2) there was NINE NL teams riding yesterday.

Must admit I hadn't realised quite that many NL teams were in action, I think we did well to get anybody at such short notice.

• Like 1

Well, we did what we had to do and that was to win well. Ippy still provided some good races with Barker and Risager riding well, not a 100% King after he blew his best engine after heat 1 finished, and Covatti failing just not to repeat his exciting form he did the last time Ippy rode at Brough. With the hastily arranged guests not really being up to racing at this level, all the Diamonds scored well, but there was still some blows to our big 4, with none of them getting maxi's. Given the circumstances our Danny stepped up, but Victor and Ash didn't score as you would expect, but nevertheless, we still saw some cracking races and brill overtaking, especially Steve's overtaking from last to first, and the ruthless blast around the outside by Robert. Fabulous stuff.

I think that if Ippy were going to have a bit misfortune, this was the one to have it in, save your usual performance and recent form for the target thats ahead of us both, the PlayOffs. All teams have bad luck at some stage, and Ippy have plenty of time to overcome the current obstacles to compete in the PO's.

In the case of poster Hawk127, you sound as if you have issues to suit your cause. All teams get problems getting guests, and when your bottom end riders, who are in form, dip out from illness or injury, you aren't going to find the greatest replacements at the drop of a hat. I know that posters on here are always better than their management, but even YOU couldn't have put a better team out in such short notice. with who was available.

Not a bad meeting with good racing on our usual fit for racing track, followed by another good meeting between the local Gems against the Halifax Dukes at NJL level. A good night all round.

Those mainly young riders you mentioned in the development leagues, I would like to see them thrown in at the deep end. It's the only sensible way of developing a young rider and moving their progress along.

I do except that if British speedway took that course of action then for a couple of years the racing may be pants, but at least the young lads will gain experience. Of course some will fall by the wayside but some will improve, but more importantly they will all get the experience in the top leagues,primarily the premier league, but given the right support and guidance they can improve.

Edited by T B
  • Like 1