British Speedway Forum

It would be interesting to know what average Kildemand would come in on, once the new averages have been issued.

Why not just bring in tungate for gappmaier when the new averages come out?

Because Tungate will stay at 9.03 & Gappy is 5.57 & we won't have 3.46 spare to 42 (assuming 42 is the new limit).

It would be interesting to know what average Kildemand would come in on, once the new averages have been issued.

His performances abroad seem to have suffered since dropping the UK but he is told what to do by Poland.

Because Tungate will stay at 9.03 & Gappy is 5.57 & we won't have 3.46 spare to 42 (assuming 42 is the new limit).

Do not think it will, he seems to have ridden 4h and 4a and has an average of 5.09 as shown on the bspa table. OK it may not be 100% correct but it is close to what his average will be.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/premiershipstatistics17

I agree with you, I think it will be all eligible meetings, rather than just the first 4H and 4A

http://www.speedwaygb.co/premiershipstatistics17

I agree with you, I think it will be all eligible meetings, rather than just the first 4H and 4A

Rules quite clearly state 4h & 4a. New averages were intended to come in by May 1st & MC have right to impose new averages if 4h & 4a not reached. Having left it so long, surely it would not be fair to riders who have already reached their 4h & 4a. Rule as below

16.2.7 A SGB Premiership or Championship League rider will establish an MA after 4 Home and 4 Away fixtures, becoming effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting. Should an Established MA not be achieved to be effective from 1st May, then the MC may issue a revised MA, based upon actual rides if the Team re-declares.

Rules quite clearly state 4h & 4a. New averages were intended to come in by May 1st & MC have right to impose new averages if 4h & 4a not reached. Having left it so long, surely it would not be fair to riders who have already reached their 4h & 4a. Rule as below

16.2.7 A SGB Premiership or Championship League rider will establish an MA after 4 Home and 4 Away fixtures, becoming effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting. Should an Established MA not be achieved to be effective from 1st May, then the MC may issue a revised MA, based upon actual rides if the Team re-declares.

I think that rule is now obsolete, as many teams have competed more than 4H and 4W without gaining new averages. I think this rule will take precedence:

16.2.6.1 Updated MA’s will be calculated on all eligible meetings, up to and including Monday’s meetings each fortnight for issue on Thursday to become effective from the next Monday.

• Like 1

Regarding the double header at the end of August, I have been trying to understand why since it was announced and I'm still none the wiser!

There are so many blank Thursday nights between now and the end of the season (or even our off night of Sunday), why is there a need for a double header? This sport has absolutely no consideration for the fans!

Regarding the double header at the end of August, I have been trying to understand why since it was announced and I'm still none the wiser!

There are so many blank Thursday nights between now and the end of the season (or even our off night of Sunday), why is there a need for a double header? This sport has absolutely no consideration for the fans!

I'm going to assume because Somerset would be missing Grajczonek and Wright who both ride for 2nd division clubs on a Thursday. It wouldn't be within our interests to go to Swindon missing two riders who rode for the club last season.

You can add Cameron Heeps to that list of Thursday tracks in the 2nd tier too.

Edited by Najjer

I'm going to assume because Somerset would be missing Grajczonek and Wright who both ride for 2nd division clubs on a Thursday. It wouldn't be within our interests to go to Swindon missing two riders who rode for the club last season.

Surely Somerset wont agree to this fixture i hope not no more guests please. Edited by Sidney the robin

Also many of the Swindon riders also d/u and or ride abroad on different nights so finding an acceptable date is difficult. Nick Morris has recently started riding for a Polish team as well as for one in either Denmark or Sweden and Berwick as well.

I think that rule is now obsolete, as many teams have competed more than 4H and 4W without gaining new averages. I think this rule will take precedence:

16.2.6.1 Updated MA’s will be calculated on all eligible meetings, up to and including Monday’s meetings each fortnight for issue on Thursday to become effective from the next Monday.

If that is so, why haven't they issued new averages as we are 1 month past the deadline for 4h & 4a. It's my guess that have been bottling it because they are not sure what to do. Rosco says the new averages will be out the day after we have completed our next home meeting on 15/6.

If that is so, why haven't they issued new averages as we are 1 month past the deadline for 4h & 4a. It's my guess that have been bottling it because they are not sure what to do. Rosco says the new averages will be out the day after we have completed our next home meeting on 15/6.

So far we have only had 3H and 4A of the matches that averages are calculated on. Rye House will be our 4th home Premiership meeting.

Neil Watson has indicated on here that averages will be released once all teams have ridden 4h and 4 away.

And no, it doesn't make any sense, just another sign that they idioted things up and didnt see the issues that half the bsf saw coming.

• Like 3

Neil Watson has indicated on here that averages will be released once all teams have ridden 4h and 4 away.

And no, it doesn't make any sense, just another sign that they idioted things up and didnt see the issues that half the bsf saw coming.

I've given up trying to understand the logic of BSPA decisions, they apply to make a pigs ear of everything they try and do. Why does everything be so complicated and secretive. Probably the secrecy is only there to save the blushes when the rules are actually known....

Because to the protected heat format of previous years had destroyed the value of the CMA, It was deemed necessary to have a new start. It was agreed to have these fabricated calculations for Elite League riders coupled with Premier league CMA solely to assemble teams to a required level. Once the league has started new figures would be used from the new league matches played so far.. Yeah brilliant idea..... Now all we waited for was the change over date. May 1st would have been ideal, whence all the riders could have been issued with a new and more accurate CMA and been implemented say 7th of the month... It would have made little difference of how many matches clubs had been played, nor who had raced the most times. The new figure would have been far most accurate than those fabricated at the start, and the sooner they were implemented the better.....

This 4H and 4A was a rule that was used when assessing new riders and new averages when the league was being run normally... This condition of 4H/4A was not mentioned when these ideas were first aired . It puts a whole new emphasis on the original idea. We are now into June, and by the time these plans are implemented it could well be July. Nearly half the season will be over and we are still working on fabricated averages from a different league......

You couldn't make this up......

Surely Somerset wont agree to this fixture i hope not no more guests please.

They are talking about why we can't rearrange the fixture for a Thursday mate hence the bank holiday double header announced

and Neil's response to my questioning Peterborough redeclaration using 3 riders with original averages (all lower than those due to come into force days later) and others with lower new averages meaning Harris could come in for Hansen was....

'Theres nothing to see here' move along

Peterborough now have a team totalling 42.53 against a 40 limit (Championship doesnt change all year) without having ridden a meeting since redeclaration.

That comment sums up the contempt with which 'integrity and transparency' is still viewed at the centre of the sport.