British Speedway Forum

This kids no one.

You would have thought so but the Swindon management seem gullible to what they're being told.

Serious questions need to be asked about the new stadium. If everything is above board then the construction company will be able to say exactly when this kit form stadium is going to start to arrive.

As it currently stands about one days work has taken place. These workman are there for no other purpose but to look like something is happening, when in reality they have move a few stones about with some metal railings. This kids no one.

Come on Steve as no loyal fans would dare to question the stadium build as it's all going to plan(allegedly).

Popped up to Blunsdon today on my way through Swindon. No change from my last visit. Completely deserted of any JCB's, dumper trucks or indeed any workers whatsoever.

Just glancing at the current stadium as I drove past, it really does look very run down now. In recent years it appeared to have received a lick of paint, but boy does it look tired, old and neglected now. I often poke fun at the back straight bogs belonging to the early sixties, but the stadium itself is beginning to look dire and in similar condition to those famous bogs.

I appreciate my post is rather negative, but I still believe a new stadium will be built, but personally I can't see it ready until 2018. I have a feeling that there is some wrangles/disputes going on currently that haven't been released to the media or more importantly the long suffering supporters.

The club really do need to come out and make a strong statement about what is currently happening. How about a joint press release with the people who are allegedly going to build the stadium? What about some specific timings of the completion? If there is a slight complication, what is it?

Maybe the new commercial team can take the lead on this? Liaison with the supporters is so important.

• Like 3

Popped up to Blunsdon today on my way through Swindon. No change from my last visit. Completely deserted of any JCB's, dumper trucks or indeed any workers whatsoever.

Just glancing at the current stadium as I drove past, it really does look very run down now. In recent years it appeared to have received a lick of paint, but boy does it look tired, old and neglected now. I often poke fun at the back straight bogs belonging to the early sixties, but the stadium itself is beginning to look dire and in similar condition to those famous bogs.

I appreciate my post is rather negative, but I still believe a new stadium will be built, but personally I can't see it ready until 2018. I have a feeling that there is some wrangles/disputes going on currently that haven't been released to the media or more importantly the long suffering supporters.

The club really do need to come out and make a strong statement about what is currently happening. How about a joint press release with the people who are allegedly going to build the stadium? What about some specific timings of the completion? If there is a slight complication, what is it?

Maybe the new commercial team can take the lead on this? Liaison with the supporters is so important.

Isn't half the pits missing as well ? Statement about what is currantly happening, u've already said it... Nothing.

Thanks for that report ER, I also see that the weather forecast for Feb is not good, and if true there may not be much more progress .

Thanks for that report ER, I also see that the weather forecast for Feb is not good, and if true there may not be much more progress .

By the looks of it if there was a heatwave in Feb I doubt there would be much progress

• Like 3

By the looks of it if there was a heatwave in Feb I doubt there would be much progress

I tend to agree if they carry on like they have to date.

Will be planning my days off around Somerset now fed up of the uncertainty.Wish they had just planned a season at the old stadium i will be amazed if the stadium is ready for the U21 meeting hope i am wrong though.

Too early to weather forecast for a whole month!!

First week, yes'ish, 2nd week, very rough forecasts, further than 2 weeks away, well, nigh on guestimates!!!!!

First week, yes'ish, 2nd week, very rough forecasts, further than 2 weeks away, well, nigh on guestimates!!!!!

Disagree entirely! These days there is far more technology especially for temperature and you can be certain any bad weather will just give Mr Osbourne another excuse to drag things out

Disagree entirely! These days there is far more technology especially for temperature and you can be certain any bad weather will just give Mr Osbourne another excuse to drag things out

See I disagree so much I had to tell you twice!!

• Like 1

Will be planning my days off around Somerset now fed up of the uncertainty.Wish they had just planned a season at the old stadium i will be amazed if the stadium is ready for the U21 meeting hope i am wrong though.

You wouldn't have coped too well as a Coventry/Leicester/Belle Vue fan this winter then. Thankfully all are coming to tapes......as are Swindon. I don't think the Promotion have ever been uncertain of that unless I've missed something?

• Like 2

You wouldn't have coped too well as a Coventry/Leicester/Belle Vue fan this winter then. Thankfully all are coming to tapes......as are Swindon. I don't think the Promotion have ever been uncertain of that unless I've missed something?

All i have heard is that work has started yet nothing really has happened??knowing when the stadium is going to be ready is uncertain is it not.??

All i have heard is that work has started yet nothing really has happened??knowing when the stadium is going to be ready is uncertain is it not.??

So all that is uncertain is in which facility you'll be watching your Speedway, the old girl affectionately known as Abbey or the promised new one supposedly in the making. Or, a combination of the two as was always planned and stated. I'll take another full season with Abbey without any issue.

• Like 1

So all that is uncertain is in which facility you'll be watching your Speedway, the old girl affectionately known as Abbey or the promised new one supposedly in the making. Or, a combination of the two as was always planned and stated. I'll take another full season with Abbey without any issue.

I hope it is the whole season at the Abbey if the new stadium happens great.You have to say even at the very least the Communication has been very poor.
  • Like 2