British Speedway Forum

I never understand why people talk about the weather. Right now across Manchester City Centre, there is an enormous viaduct for the railway being built with a spectacular new bridge. New lines, junctions and signalling are being installed, but not a single weekend's work has been cancelled because of the weather. Of course work on Swindon's new stadium could be going ahead.

I have photos somewhere of Colin Meredith & Co working away on the Perry Barr track in the snow of February 2007....and it's not snowing in Swindon, so what's the excuse? Everything still on schedule, Mr Rosco?

And in a country facing a housing shortage, who honestly, and despite all assurances given, thinks that a Council will turn their backs on shiny new homes being built, whether or not the speedway stadium is part of the developers plans? More houses means more grateful local voters, giving the local Councillors in that ward an extra bit of job security. Councillors are politicians, and politicians lie. It's part of their job description. What's a politician to do? Tell a lie and keep his/her job at the next election, or honour an agreement and risk losing his/her seat?

I have photos somewhere of Colin Meredith & Co working away on the Perry Barr track in the snow of February 2007....and it's not snowing in Swindon, so what's the excuse? Everything still on schedule, Mr Rosco?

Think its called rain...

Were Poole not opened in 1948.?[/rebuilt in early 60'squote]

Sorry sticky fingers. Poole closed early sixties and redeveloped, prior to this it was mostly tin covered areas, and standing, fence supposedly built from old Anderson shelters.

Were Poole not opened in 1948.?[/rebuilt in early 60'squote]

Sorry sticky fingers. Poole closed early sixties and redeveloped, prior to this it was mostly tin covered areas, and standing, fence supposedly built from old Anderson shelters.

That's correct, the main grandstand was built in 1960.

Practice and meet the riders Thursday March 23rd 5.30.

With Leicester announcing their team it seems that unless Belle Vue sign Sedgy then he will be out of British speedway for 12 months.

Feel sorry for him & Stefan.

• Like 3

Only four home fixtures from April 6th until June 1st will have to travel to a few other tracks.

Other home meetings have now been added, did not see any messages on twitter, for the Sprockets:

Thurs May 11th Sprockets v Plymouth

Thurs May 25th Sprockets v IOW

So a couple to go and watch

Also a couple away

Thurs May 18th IOW v Sprockets

Fri May 26th Plymouth v Sprockets

• Like 1

Heard today that Swindon will be handing back the Under 21 event so looks like another season in the old stadium & clear signs the new track is not going to be ready.

Heard today that Swindon will be handing back the Under 21 event so looks like another season in the old stadium & clear signs the new track is not going to be ready.

If that's the case, I wonder if Leicester may get it.... With the track re-modelling, might be the ideal location! Pretty much bang centre of the UK....

I hope that this is not the case but if that does happen it just proves that more bs has been given to and put out by the management.

• Like 1

I hope that this is not the case but if that does happen it just proves that more bs has been given to and put out by the management.

I understand it's because if they don't have the stadium ready then they will have to pay compensation if they don't pull out early.

I understand it's because if they don't have the stadium ready then they will have to pay compensation if they don't pull out early.

That is ok but I, probably like many others, am getting fed up with all the bs about this new stadium and the past stupid building time scales the fans have been told.

• Like 1

That is ok but I, probably like many others, am getting fed up with all the bs about this new stadium and the past stupid building time scales the fans have been told.

Agree 100%.