British Speedway Forum

I suspect you are spot on, correct.

In this day and age does anyone really think a stadium holding Motorsport events would be built alongside a new housing development? Only the die hard speedway fanatic would believe this. It just doesn't "stack up" in today's politically and social environment. Doesn't matter if the Abbey was there first, there will be ways and means to get around this and put the housing in.

I fear that 2017 will be the last year of the Swindon Robins speedway team.

I also think that within, say 5 years, speedway in the south / south east of England will have 2 or 3 clubs - Poole, Rye House and Kent. It is surely only a matter of time before Lakeside and Eastbourne succumb to external pressures.

has Eastbourne already not been sold to build a hotel and has this season and next then it's gone

has Eastbourne already not been sold to build a hotel and has this season and next then it's gone

I have heard that as well, but not seen anything to confirm it. Nothing on the Eastbourne thread.

I had an email from Justin Tomlinson MP today.

Both Justin and Councillor Elliot have been "repeatedly chasing".

"The issue seems to be that they are still waiting on the drainage to be sorted to allow work to commence. We have checked this with the planning department and they are aware. We have offered to help chase Wessex Water and will do what we can to try and get this moving asap. The owner has made it clear to us that he is very frustrated".

Clinging to hope that we aren't being played here.

• Like 4

I had an email from Justin Tomlinson MP today.

Both Justin and Councillor Elliot have been "repeatedly chasing".

"The issue seems to be that they are still waiting on the drainage to be sorted to allow work to commence. We have checked this with the planning department and they are aware. We have offered to help chase Wessex Water and will do what we can to try and get this moving asap. The owner has made it clear to us that he is very frustrated".

Clinging to hope that we aren't being played here.

Stop clinging and let go ...this is classic Osbourne Clark

• Like 1

Press and Practice day changed to March 30th, practice at 5pm and meet the riders in the grandstand at 7pm.

So it looks like no Challenge meeting prior to Leicester away on 1st and BV at home on 6th.

Stop clinging and let go ...this is classic Osbourne Clark

Forgive me if I cling on a little longer.

This isn't now just about potentially losing the speedway, this is about being lied to and used.

That takes some digesting.

• Like 1

Press and Practice day changed to March 30th, practice at 5pm and meet the riders in the grandstand at 7pm.

So it looks like no Challenge meeting prior to Leicester away on 1st and BV at home on 6th.

Unfortunate wording in the official press release AORLOV, particularly in the current situation - 'Press day delayed due to lack of stadium availability!!' ?? :oops::oops::nono:

Is there still a grandstand?

That is the new name for the back straight bog

• Like 2

That is the new name for the back straight bog

I thought the stand and bogs were being converted into luxury apartments like the old Arsenal stadium.

Maybe they should flog tickets to view fron the windows of the house in the pits.

A couple of early season hammering then as we start behind most other teams.

A couple of early season hammering then as we start behind most other teams.

My neighbour works for Conlon all he knows is the mound of earth is to be used to raise the current site up and that the land between the existing car park and Robins farm pub/David Lloyd centre is earmarked for retail units which aren't the new market as that was supposedly going under the original new stand which had then change to a bolt together prefab , but as far as a new stadium he and others that had built the gabion wall have no clue as to the reasons why a new stadium hadn't been started yet

My neighbour works for Conlon all he knows is the mound of earth is to be used to raise the current site up and that the land between the existing car park and Robins farm pub/David Lloyd centre is earmarked for retail units which aren't the new market as that was supposedly going under the original new stand which had then change to a bolt together prefab , but as far as a new stadium he and others that had built the gabion wall have no clue as to the reasons why a new stadium hadn't been started yet

Maybe there isnt going to be one..

Starry! You are back! Everyone's missed you!

• Like 1