British Speedway Forum

Colin Pratt in Speedway Star says U21 final has been reallocated away from Swindon to another (as yet undecided) U K venue.

That's a shame - I was planning to stay near there overnight after Cardiff for the U21 the next day.

Colin Pratt in Speedway Star says U21 final has been reallocated away from Swindon to another (as yet undecided) U K venue.

It is a shame they could not have got the existing track authorised to run it, I was looking forward to seeing that meeting.

I had a look at the progress on the new stadium last night but there was not any progress or stadium, just still a big heap of dirt and a few stone gabions.

What price is parking at Blunsdon this season? Stadia UK increasing the charges at Poole to £2.50 for Speedway from April!!!

What price is parking at Blunsdon this season? Stadia UK increasing the charges at Poole to £2.50 for Speedway from April!!!

I have never paid when parking at Poole stadium. I thought the Council owned the stadium, not Stadia.

Stadia UK have the lease to manage the whole site. They take all the revenue from parking, bars and the restaurant.

The car park is used substantially during the day time by lots of different office and hospital staff and usually clears out from 5pm onwards to allow the speedway parking to commence on meeting days.

I said that 2 months ago as Swindon had to pull out of it or face paying if they didn't & couldn't stage the meeting.

D Ritchings looked fast on the track last night, I hope he might be in our NL Trophy side.

• Like 1

Blimey! That's awful. :o Perhaps the person who was complaining about paying £1 at Peterborough should read this. :wink:

I am surprised that anyone uses it, there must be alternative places to park with a short walk.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Stadia UK have the lease to manage the whole site. They take all the revenue from parking, bars and the restaurant.

The car park is used substantially during the day time by lots of different office and hospital staff and usually clears out from 5pm onwards to allow the speedway parking to commence on meeting days.

So does that mean Stadia UK take the parking money all day every day? If so it's a strange situation for someone that leases the site

of course they keep all the car park money,if you lease a shop for example you pay the rent and keep all the shop takings. edit they also put up price on all meals and drinks and increased the dogs tote retention(what goes in their pocket) to 31%.

Edited by poole keith

So does that mean Stadia UK take the parking money all day every day? If so it's a strange situation for someone that leases the site

Of course they do. The site is theirs to manage as they see fit. I believe there is also a car boot on Sundays. There is also a Day Nursery attached to the Champs Bar.

Don't know how much the Council charge them for the lease?

Jason and Nick got through to the semi final in the pairs but were beaten by KL Lambert and Holder getting 5 points to Jasons 4 and Nicks 0. When possible Jason does need to help his team mates rather than just fly off in the lead.

Jason and Nick got through to the semi final in the pairs but were beaten by KL Lambert and Holder getting 5 points to Jasons 4 and Nicks 0. When possible Jason does need to help his team mates rather than just fly off in the lead.

Hard to do when Nick was last from the tapes & if he tried & got passed by both Kings Lynn riders then that would be wrong to some.

There needs to be a clear plan of what the club want Jason to do this season.

Hard to do when Nick was last from the tapes & if he tried & got passed by both Kings Lynn riders then that would be wrong to some.

There needs to be a clear plan of what the club want Jason to do this season.

I accept that and it is a skill that a rider can learn, but even at Swindon Jason never looks for his team mate.