British Speedway Forum

Bellago in on 7.63. This really is Premier League now isn't it!

At least I finally get what the big revamp is they mentioned in the press release after the AGM. 2 premier leagues.

I'm surprised you have both only just realised this. With our top 3 averages, it doesn't leave much left for the rest of the team.

The 1 good - a rider who's not been in the UK before perhaps? An upcoming foreigner?

Decent signing
He's a good rider. Very good style and is all action.

You will have a long tail tho. Morris will be in next. Then there will be 2 surprises. 1 good 1 not so good

I'm surprised you have both only just realised this. With our top 3 averages, it doesn't leave much left for the rest of the team.

I think a few said it that the team will be weak lower down but it does mean Adam Ellis will be a heat leader.

I know he is not popular with all Robins fans but Batch would be a good signing on his average.

Edited by foreverblue

Happy with the signing have watched his progress and he had a few meetings at the Abbey a few years ago did well.Now we need a rider at least on par with Ellis/Morris with a 2 pointer who can improve Hume Blackburn,Smith,as examples.

Another high 7 average and quite clearly Nick in yet again from what Rosco has said about the ones not back, if it's true what I've heard from someone else about 2 other signings then god help us!

Happy with the signing have watched his progress and he had a few meetings at the Abbey a few years ago did well.Now we need a rider at least on par with Ellis/Morris with a 2 pointer who can improve Hume Blackburn,Smith,as examples.

Add Morris on 9 and a 2/3 pointer Zak thingy would leave about 10 I think have heard the up and coming sensation Lykke one of them , doesn't leave anything near enough Morris standard of rider Edited by hagonshocker

21.12 left then for 4 riders & with Nick on a near 9 point average it looks bleak☹️️

21.12 left then for 4 riders & with Nick on a near 9 point average it looks bleak☹️️

• Like 1

Assuming morris is next signed, name or break for the team imo is the 5th signing.

You could still fit a batch or a Schlein, which would give you a competitive side.

But it would also be easy to fill the remaining points with riders who don't offer a lot, in which case you could end up a hl short and with weak reserves.

Ellis is a good signing, and bellego could be ok, but I reckon you ideally want them as a strong 2nd string pairing, rather than rotating as your 3rd hl.

• Like 1

Lykke wachtfingymajig Morris and someone around 4-5 eek

Will be big pressure and reliance on Morris yet again as well as Ellis , now I will be honest I wanted 5 new riders after last year especially the non performances at Belle Vue and lakeside but this sounds like it is being forced rather than through choice , wanted Doyle and Tungate

Lykke wachtfingymajig Morris and someone around 4-5 eek

Will be big pressure and reliance on Morris yet again as well as Ellis , now I will be honest I wanted 5 new riders after last year especially the non performances at Belle Vue and lakeside but this sounds like it is being forced rather than through choice , wanted Doyle and Tungate

That looks weak to be fair in that case, as there isn't really any quality around available around that 5 point mark.

Too much pressure on Ellis, and you will still be weak at reserve. People will blame it on going top heavy, but really I'd say it's just poor team building.

When I've suggested teams with two two pointers at reserve people have said it's too weak, but I can see the ten points used by lykke/other delivering only 5/6 or so a match, compared to the 2/3 I'd expect 2 pointers to cumulatively deliver.

Even josh g as a 3rd hl imo would have been a better option, even if it meant downgrading bellego slightly.

• Like 2

Happy with Bellego.

I think it is interesting that all teams seem to be building top down.

The first team to blink and actually sign a 2-pointer will open the floodgates.

• Like 1

Happy with Bellego.

I think it is interesting that all teams seem to be building top down.

The first team to blink and actually sign a 2-pointer will open the floodgates.

Tbh I'd be trying to be that first team, and be the side that manages to get JPB for example. I still think the 2 pointer route offers far more value than many of the 2016 edr and can see most sides signing at least one 2 or 3 pointer - so may as well get in first!
  • Like 1

Surely with 14 rides potentially available you'd want to have strength at reserve?

if you going to replace a 1 to 5 with a reserve your in trouble anyway at least Rosco is a shrewd manager