British Speedway Forum

Agreed. Other than the 2007 team which looked planned but which actually fell into Rosco's lap, all of his team-

building has been on the hoof. Never strategic like Matt Ford. The Bellego signing is particularly weird. Rosco says he's got his place because he asked for it and has good equipment, not because he fits with a team-building plan!

Not his biggest fan but come on, give the bloke a bit more credit for his team building skills! I think over the past 10 years the Robins have featured regularly in the play offs. Similarly when he had his year or so at Coventry of course.

Personally, I fear the worse for how the team is shaping up. However, I wouldn't put it past Rosco to pull a shrewd signing out of the bag and make the side another competitive one.

• Like 2

I am with Grachan as i would of gone for a strong number 2 as well also ER is right as well Rossiter his Cv is half decent so we should trust him see what he comes up with.Ford i don't see a genius in there he has done well for his club (has he though for the benefit of British speedway as a whole i have my doubts.As for last year a terrible year to be frank with the track at times being a disgrace a repair the damage year for Poole this year.

• Like 1

I am with Grachan as i would of gone for a strong number 2 as well also ER is right as well Rossiter his Cv is half decent so we should trust him see what he comes up with.Ford i don't see a genius in there he has done well for his club (has he though for the benefit of British speedway as a whole i have my doubts.As for last year a terrible year to be frank with the track at times being a disgrace a repair the damage year for Poole this year.

Repair the damage year. Yep we'l have our trophy back thank you.. :t:

Repair the damage year. Yep we'l have our trophy back thank you.. :t:

No Chris this year Mistake,hopefully no other Gp rider will come to you if you got someone maybe Madsen? then it could be different Andersen Newman, young Holder it does not send a shiver down your spine so far anyway the first job though is for club is to get your track right.
  • Like 1

No Chris this year Mistake,hopefully no other Gp rider will come to you if you got someone maybe Madsen? then it could be different Andersen Newman, young Holder it does not send a shiver down your spine so far anyway the first job though is for club is to get your track right.

My view

No Holder - mistake

Poole team so far? - Average not exactly exciting needs a good number 1

Pooles track? Getting better but still not good.

Back to Swindon and the basis of a good side is forming.

One good solid second string and a potent reserve are a must though

My view

No Holder - mistake

Poole team so far? - Average not exactly exciting needs a good number 1

Pooles track? Getting better but still not good.

Back to Swindon and the basis of a good side is forming.

One good solid second string and a potent reserve are a must though

We would have a weak tail end but i would love Buzz to be in our top 5.Could we fit him in? what average would Morris be on.? Going back to Poole god how Ford failed badly to get the best out of Buzz.

We would have a weak tail end but i would love Buzz to be in our top 5.Could we fit him in? what average would Morris be on.? Going back to Poole god how Ford failed badly to get the best out of Buzz.

Ford didn't fail, Muddlo failed.. its basically the only job a speedway TM has and he couldn't manage it

Ford didn't fail, Muddlo failed.. its basically the only job a speedway TM has and he couldn't manage it

You're blaming the team manager for how his rider performed? :rofl: :rofl: Have you got a brain in that nut of yours? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. The rapport Neil has with his riders is second to none. He opens his home to the entire team, even taking care of their food and washing for them. There are few managers in Britain the same performances many riders have achieved under Neils management.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

You're blaming the team manager for how his rider performed? :rofl: :rofl: Have you got a brain in that nut of yours? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. The rapport Neil has with his riders is second to none. He opens his home to the entire team, even taking care of their food and washing for them. There are few managers in Britain the same performances many riders have achieved under Neils management.

Middlo is an ok manager, there are a few who are better and a few who are worse.

Having the best team season after season given to him does make his job easier.

Isnt as good as Adams and Rosco has won the league with 2 different sides which werent with the best team.

Middlo failed Poole last season, that side should have walked the league and they underperformed

• Like 2

Really unsure as to what Alun expects to get out of Bellego? Under the old format pre-EDR he would had made a reasonable reserve but as much as some are harping on about his rides at The OTA last year he hasn't really kicked on that much, lets be honest he is very hit and miss does rely on his gating somewhat but is coming into the side sharing the heatleader position with Ellis at this rate, worrying

Really unsure as to what Alun expects to get out of Bellego? Under the old format pre-EDR he would had made a reasonable reserve but as much as some are harping on about his rides at The OTA last year he hasn't really kicked on that much, lets be honest he is very hit and miss does rely on his gating somewhat but is coming into the side sharing the heatleader position with Ellis at this rate, worrying

Very, very worrying.

Middlo is an ok manager, there are a few who are better and a few who are worse.

Having the best team season after season given to him does make his job easier.

Isnt as good as Adams and Rosco has won the league with 2 different sides which werent with the best team.

Middlo failed Poole last season, that side should have walked the league and they underperformed

Rubbish Middlo failed nobody, the riders failed him, Hans injury didn't help and Lindback not turning up at Wolves didn't help either but none of these things were Middlo's fault.

Leaving Chris Holder out is not a mistake you need depth in the team as Swindon will find out.

Edited by foreverblue

Rubbish Middlo failed nobody, the riders failed him, Hans injury didn't help and Lindback not turning up at Wolves didn't help either but none of these things were Middlo's fault.

Leaving Chris Holder out is not a mistake you need depth in the team as Swindon will find out.

Didn't realise this was a Poole thread☹️️

• Like 2

What's the betting there is a change somewhere along the line when they find there strength in depth is not anough without a big hitter.