British Speedway Forum

Sure I saw a screwdriver lying on the floor when I drove past today. If they start next month should be ready by April.

2018?

Would be good to go into the new stadium with the current world champion leading the team - fingers crossed for Jason.

• Like 3

I have heard that June has been mentioned i don't see it being up and running by April.Have heard that no work has been started yet but the power in the old stadium has been cut off the dog racing therefore is being run off a generator how true that is i dont know.

Yes that is true , the stadium was being run on a giant generator at the last speedway meeting. We arrived there at 6pm and the Power Company were just leaving. It was running on the back of a lorry just inside the gate all evening, we asked and were told they were going to put the electric cables underground, hence the generator. :t:

• Like 1

I have heard that June has been mentioned i don't see it being up and running by April.Have heard that no work has been started yet but the power in the old stadium has been cut off the dog racing therefore is being run off a generator how true that is i dont know.

Weather permitting won't take that long to build although afaik there is still a few things the council has to pass minor stuff although hopefully won't delay a start at least

Anyone heard if Dakota North will be riding next year?

Taking up 4 wheeled sport ...golf buggies I heard

Is this new stadium going to be like one of those new McDonald's buildings up in about three month's.What is the Budget? anybody any idea how much it will cost.!

£6m has been bandied about but I think not somehow.

I don't see it being anything like as much.

I see it being something akin to how Smallmead was. Obsolescent within 5 years. Derelict within 10.

Edited by BuzzCagney

£6m has been bandied about but I think not somehow.

I don't see it being anything like as much.

I see it being something akin to how Smallmead was. Obsolescent within 5 years. Derelict within 10.

Nothing like Smallmead as stadium development has moved on a pace in today's world.

Leicester would be a fine model - apart from the track.

Probably end up with a few portacabins stacked on top of each other and a row of porterloos knowing Osbourne :shock:

tungate been keeping an eye on his average so that he can be part of fords play off team ? wouldnt surprise me one bit......

hes in for bjarne ford just taking the total pee out the rule book

• Like 3

Probably end up with a few portacabins stacked on top of each other and a row of porterloos knowing Osbourne :shock:

Yep, Smallmead.

tungate been keeping an eye on his average so that he can be part of fords play off team ? wouldnt surprise me one bit......

hes in for bjarne ford just taking the total pee out the rule book

Was booked to ride for Poo straight after Lakeside knocked us out...make what of that as you require

Was booked to ride for Poo straight after Lakeside knocked us out...make what of that as you require

Obviously Matt had a premonition that pedalo would get injured this weekend.

• Like 3

He has more of those than the f*****g Mayans
  • Like 1

Or what might be called an 'arrangement'.