British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

Saw Damien Bates and Jason Garrity talking in the pits after Wednesday nights meeting and Bates body language and facial expressions didn't look promising!

Maybe he needed a Poo?

• Like 2

Saw Damien Bates and Jason Garrity talking in the pits after Wednesday nights meeting and Bates body language and facial expressions didn't look promising!

Saw that myself, not looking good for seeing Jason @ Sheffield next year, Stead will retire and take up coaching role, just like Tatum has done @ Lakeside, can see Ricky Wells at Sheffield next year, has done a lot of bookings for Sheffield, but where do people get the idea of Newman and Kurtz/Holder at Sheffield, all riding at Poole on Wednesday nights will be to much travelling for them in my opinion,

1. Howarth

2. Berge

3. ?

4. Proctor

5. Wells

6. Sissis

7. Parkinson-Blackburn

Time will tell.

Edited by STEPHEN 333

Saw that myself, not looking good for seeing Jason @ Sheffield next year, Stead will retire and take up coaching role, just like Tatum has done @ Lakeside, can see Ricky Wells at Sheffield next year, has done a lot of bookings for Sheffield, but where do people get the idea of Newman and Kurtz/Holder at Sheffield, all riding at Poole on Wednesday nights will be to much travelling for them in my opinion,

1. Howarth

2. Berge

3. ?

4. Proctor

5. Wells

6. Sissis

7. Parkinson-Blackburn

Time will tell.

Who mentioned Newman?

Todd Kurtz at Poole next season I don't see that happening.

Todd Kurtz is part of the Drillerman racing team sponsored by Peter Mole who is a friend of the Kurtz family.

Holder and Kurtz can travel up to Sheffield together from Poole, and the Aussie's are used to travelling long miles for meetings back home Poole to Sheffield would be a walk in the park for them.

Josh Bates will be the first name on the team sheet. Then pick six others. I hope its not Wells he goes ok away but a lot to be desired at Owlerton. Imo he is not an out and out number one.

Who mentioned Newman?

Todd Kurtz at Poole next season I don't see that happening.

Todd Kurtz is part of the Drillerman racing team sponsored by Peter Mole who is a friend of the Kurtz family.

Holder and Kurtz can travel up to Sheffield together from Poole, and the Aussie's are used to travelling long miles for meetings back home Poole to Sheffield would be a walk in the park for them.

See post 65 and 66 on this thread for the Newman expression,

Can see Sheffield and Scunthorpe doing a deal to exchange riders on loan for the season, maybe swapping Bates for Ryan Douglas or maybe Josh Auty to fill that No 3 spot,

Sheffield do not need an out and out No1, just five riders to turn Owlerton into fortress Owlerton, and nick that odd away win every now and again. That's what we need at Sheffield, this year at home, we never had all the top five clicking at once, that's why we lost so many Home meetings.

Still stick by that Holder/Kurtz story though, hope there is some truth in it, but I'm doubtful.

Edited by STEPHEN 333

auty has already said he is at scunny in 2017 . it was a couple of months ago when he made the statement .

Cameron Heeps is worth a punt IMHO

Not for me.

Jonas B Andersen??

Maybe but cannot see Redcar wanting to let him go.

I don't no about an out and out no1 what's needed at Owlerton is some dirt on the track, so it's not a gater's paradise. I bet we would have an out and out no1 if it was Josh Grazjczonek. I hope Bates goes to scunny it might do him good. If the points limit goes down to 40pts we won't want any heat leaders just 5 average riders and two 3point reserves, or is that the national league

• Like 1

Maybe but cannot see Redcar wanting to let him go.

Redcar can't force him to ride for them if he wants to go elsewhere, they tried that with Kus and look what happened there, Jonas loves riding Sheffield track

Edited by BenR195

From yesterday's Sheffield Star:-

Damien Bates said: “It’s been a brave fight, but this year wasn’t meant to be. Ever since we took over Sheffield we’ve been cursed with multiple injuries. We went into a Grand Final without our No. 1 and 5 in Jason and Simon and let’s not forget Dimitri Berge, who’s had a fantastic year. I strongly believe that if we’d have had those three then we could have pushed Somerset all the way. But as things were, I don’t think we could have too many complaints and the best team in the league were crowned Champions in the end. We’ve done exceptionally well when you consider everything and just to reach the play-offs was a decent achievement itself. I’m already thinking towards next season now and I’ve got a few ideas in mind. I know riders I’d love to use, I know riders who definitely won’t be involved so I’ve got a rough idea of how I want the team to be built.”

Bates added: “We’ve just got to wait for the AGM now for the rules to be set and then we can get cracking!”