British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Somerset V Glasgow Ko Cup Semi-final 1st Leg, 23 Sep 2016

But still a victory. It's not our fault that you have a curfew, on the other hand I think that it's unfair if the home team are in front by a couple of points and the meeting is stopped when there's a possibility of the away team picking up match points. :cheers:

Think you'll find the point of CB's post is not about the curfew, rather the fact that in 7 of the 12 heat's, including the rather harsh exclusion for Tom Bacon in the Heat 8 crash, the Rebels were only able to track one rider.

Hollow victory?........Yes/Maybe/No, make your choice. It's all about from which direction your viewpoint comes.

Edited by womble53
  • Like 1

Harsh exclusion of Tom Bacon, classic, he lifted and accidentally put two Glasgow riders into the fence.

Feel sorry for BWD, though if the ref had done his job in the first running of heat 1 he would have been excluded as I felt there wasn't much contact, injuries are part of the sport as we all know but Somerset don't have any right to win the league cup or KOC just because they've had a great 6 months, as for the league, well there is an argument for that as they finished top at the cut off date.

Hope all the riders theft took tumbles are feeling a bit better today.

• Like 2

Harsh exclusion of Tom Bacon, classic, he lifted and accidentally put two Glasgow riders into the fence.

The incident started before he lifted, at the time of the lift, his and Garcia's bikes were already entangled. As it happed right in front of me I had a pretty good view of what led up to the lift & crash.

As I said it's all about your viewpoint.

• Like 1

are Somersets wheels falling off ???,,,

albeit, not at a good time,,,

Edited by ruffdiamond

Think you'll find the point of CB's post is not about the curfew, rather the fact that in 7 of the 12 heat's, including the rather harsh exclusion for Tom bacon in the Heat 8 crash, the Rebels were only able to track one rider.

Hollow victory?........Yes/Maybe/No, make your choice. It's all about from which direction your viewpoint comes.

Pretty much , I played football at semi pro level for a while, a victory against a team that had a player sent off was never the same. Beating Anyone who had two players gone for me was a hollow victory, just saying.

• Like 1

Does anyone else get completely hacked off by the continued misuse of the word 'of' instead of have? illustrated perfectly above!

Could HAVE, Should HAVE, Might HAVE

Feeling in grumpy old git mode today!

Well said that man. Seems to be derived from the abbreviated "could've", "should've", "might've" becoming misspelt as should "of" (doh!!) when it is "have".

Other annoying spelling errors are the mis-use of the word "of" mis-spelt as "off", and vice versa. Same with the word "too" mis-spelt as "to" and vice versa.

One of the worst offenders for these is Blobby :D Although The Scotsman's spelling is always pretty much perfect. Although at times just as incomprehensible. :wink:

To be clear: if something is too (much, big, hot, cold, etc) then it is definitely spelt too - it is never "to" (Blobby please take note! :nono::D )

And if you are travelling to a place it is definitely to - it is never "too" (again Blobby please take note)

If something is of note or referring to say a (rider name) of Edinburgh, then it definitely of - it is never "off" as is sometimes incorrectly written.

And if a meeting is cancelled due to rain then the meeting is off - it is never "of" (Blobby probably isn't paying attention cos that's probably what he did at school too, hence his atrocious spelling and might also explain his mis-comprehension of speedway rules. :party: )

Maybe his response will make use of at least one of these examples by correctly utilising the word "off" !! Well, was only trying to help y'know, Blobby's spelling has been so bad for so long now, ah well "too" bad, but look forward "to" his reply. :drink:

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway
  • Like 2

All best wishes to all the injured riders.

Somerset being decimated at the sharp end of the season and it opens up the Play offs now. Their Semi Final opponents will be watching the situation with great interest.

Birmingham suffering too of course, and Tom has been flying this season.

Mend and get Well Son Lads.

Well said that man. Seems to be derived from the abbreviated "could've", "should've", "might've" becoming misspelt as should "of" (doh!!) when it is "have".

Other annoying spelling errors are the mis-use of the word "of" mis-spelt as "off", and vice versa. Same with the word "too" mis-spelt as "to" and vice versa.

One of the worst offenders for these is Blobby :D Although The Scotsman's spelling is always pretty much perfect. Although at times just as incomprehensible. :wink:

To be clear: if something is too (much, big, hot, cold, etc) then it is definitely spelt too - it is never "to" (Blobby please take note! :nono::D )

And if you are travelling to a place it is definitely to - it is never "too" (again Blobby please take note)

If something is of note or referring to say a (rider name) of Edinburgh, then it definitely of - it is never "off" as is sometimes incorrectly written.

And if a meeting is cancelled due to rain then the meeting is off - it is never "of" (Blobby probably isn't paying attention cos that's probably what he did at school too, hence his atrocious spelling and might also explain his mis-comprehension of speedway rules. :party: )

Maybe his response will make use of at least one of these examples by correctly utilising the word "off" !! Well, was only trying to help y'know, Blobby's spelling has been so bad for so long now, ah well "too" bad, but look forward "to" his reply. :drink:

Blobby doesn't care.

• Like 3

Blobby doesn't care.

Well said that man.

The dice rolled your way when you had Bewley at reserve against us in the League fixture

Oh no! Not that old chestnut ! For God's sake give it a rest, Whinging Weegie !!!

Unfortunate meeting last night,hope,hope the riders are better today Bradley with broken collar bone I know,as far as Glasgow are concerned you can only beat what is in front off you so no complaints on that.second leg tomorrow we have seven rider so let's keep it on and see what we can do.go rebels.get well soon Braders if not this season then a rebels rider in 2017 I'm sure.

• Like 2

Perhaps if Ms Hancock hadn't delayed the meeting for the sole purpose of getting a few more £s through the turnstile we may have completed the meeting and who knows, possibly won it. WHY DON'T PEOPLE GET THERE ON TIME. ??? I get there by 6.30 pm match nights. Why should we have to wait for stragglers ?

• Like 4

Oh no! Not that old chestnut ! For God's sake give it a rest, Whinging Weegie !!!

Absolute classic. When Glasgow fans make a logical comment you think they are whinging but its ok for rebels to point out they were unlucky? So lets be fair you got beat so stop whingeing. And I'll tell you now James will score more than Bradley, get well soon, so don't for a second suggest you are weakened for Sunday. We're without Nike, who has been brilliant recently and Rene and Coty plus there bikes are battered and bruised. So will be close but we do have a 4 point advantage so here's hoping for an aggregate win

• Like 5

Yes, I do. I also get annoyed by the use of "So" at the beginning of just about every sentence.

I am in a grumpy mood too. No idea why, just woke up like it. My daughter says I am unsociable anyway!

My pet hate is 'off' and 'of' being randomly swapped, eh Naj?
  • Like 1