British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield V Somerset Pl League Cup S/f 2nd Leg 22/9/2016 7.30

The most important decision for next seaso is the team manager... We need someone who understands how it works... We always give it a mate rather than someone who can actually do the job...

If we lose Jason Garrity over our shambles of a team management then thats me done with it.. Also the track is shocking... there hasnt been a pass in months...

This was a typical end-of-season Sheffield performance. Some teams end the season with a bang and others with a roar, but Sheffield seasons in recent years have always fizzled out with a phut-phut-phut. What's the point of struggling all season to get into the play-offs and the later stages of cup competitions when we simply can't compete with the best. Last night was a disgrace and I'm predicting next week will be even worse: Newcastle will beat us at Owlerton and then give us another 60+ point humiliation at their place.

Roll on Thursday nights in front of the telly.

This was a typical end-of-season Sheffield performance. Some teams end the season with a bang and others with a roar, but Sheffield seasons in recent years have always fizzled out with a phut-phut-phut. What's the point of struggling all season to get into the play-offs and the later stages of cup competitions when we simply can't compete with the best. Last night was a disgrace and I'm predicting next week will be even worse: Newcastle will beat us at Owlerton and then give us another 60+ point humiliation at their place.

Roll on Thursday nights in front of the telly.

Thursday nights in front of the TV starts now... My £30 for admission and petrol plus the hassle of going straight from work so being out the house at 7.30am till 10.30pm is a thing of the past... Newcastle will win both legs and im guessing next weeks attendance will reflect how people feel about how poor its got at sheffield

I must admit that I've not been every week this season but the meetings I have attended have probably been the worst in the 42 years that I have been going.

The racing is terrible (never thought I'd say that about Owlerton), the atmosphere is non-existent and the value fr money has been poor - 15 heats and that's your lot.

I can't remember a single Sheffield rider coming round on an extra lap after winning a race apart from Arthur late on, but the fans were so fed up by then I don't think that he even got a round of applause.

Some of the racing I've seen on the TV, Poole and Belle Vue for instance, has been pretty good so there is no excuse for the track that is prepared which offers little chance for passing.

Last night was as dull as the proverbial dish water.

I do wonder if Sheffield's track has suffered more than most with the new silencers and the types of track / track set up they are safe to ride on. What we really need is a way of slowing people down as the slower the racing (generally speaking) the better it is around Owlerton

• Like 1

Good point. The likes of Chris Harris, Ty Proctor, Richard Hall etc have not been as consistently entertaining since the new silencers were introduced, IMO.

The bikes, tyres and track surfaces are no longer compatible with each other, and far too much money is going to the engine tuners.

Guest Scunny2012

I do wonder if Sheffield's track has suffered more than most with the new silencers and the types of track / track set up they are safe to ride on. What we really need is a way of slowing people down as the slower the racing (generally speaking) the better it is around Owlerton

What about speed bumps down the back straight ,or a zebra crossing at the start gate, perhaps the overused tractors trying to grade the invisible shale could come out on lap 3 and act as a pace car as in formula 1

Team manager must go ,seems this team are not enjoying riding for them .Bring back Jack Lee ,dont know why they got rid of him ,only real manager for years,after the comedy pair Dave and Nigel.

Somerset did a professional job. But it was an abysmal effort by the Tigers considering it was a semi final.
As for Arthur not getting extra rides, for me the reserves have been put in the wrong heats through most of the season by our team management, particularly at home, so it's no surprise he didn't get extra rides when he clearly should have done.

Over heard by a friend Jack Lee asking Arthur,why he only had five rides and saying he should have been in the race Greaves went of fifteen meters.AND WHAT AS HAPPENED TO THE TRACK WAS SUCH A GOOD RACE TRACK ,NOW ITS POOR ALL FOLLOW THE LEADER ROUND THE FENCE RUBBISH

Yes IMO ,Berwick is suffering the same fate.

Good point. The likes of Chris Harris, Ty Proctor, Richard Hall etc have not been as consistently entertaining since the new silencers were introduced, IMO.

The bikes, tyres and track surfaces are no longer compatible with each other, and far too much money is going to the engine tuners.

Agree

Team manager must go ,seems this team are not enjoying riding for them .Bring back Jack Lee ,dont know why they got rid of him ,only real manager for years,after the comedy pair Dave and Nigel.

Over heard by a friend Jack Lee asking Arthur,why he only had five rides and saying he should have been in the race Greaves went of fifteen meters.AND WHAT AS HAPPENED TO THE TRACK WAS SUCH A GOOD RACE TRACK ,NOW ITS POOR ALL FOLLOW THE LEADER ROUND THE FENCE RUBBISH

In the PL, the No. 7 is protected in Heat 4, so Nathan could not be replaced.