British Speedway Forum
Poole Quay 7

Wolverhampton V Poole: El Play-off Semi-final 2nd Leg

R/r is not always the best option any but anyway but Poole case it may be a 50/50 personally I think wolves may just have the edge looking forward to it

It certainly makes Poole quite a bit weaker tonight.

Wolves are now favourites in my book.

Although are Coventry fans allowed to support Wolves? I'm sure you've broken a cardinal rule there, Jacques. ;)

All the best

Rob

There is a saying 'anyone but Poole' i think that says everything. Still don't want Wolves to win the final though!

• Like 3

It certainly makes Poole quite a bit weaker tonight.

Wolves are now favourites in my book.

Although are Coventry fans allowed to support Wolves? I'm sure you've broken a cardinal rule there, Jacques. ;)

All the best

Rob

Club loyalties are out of the window tonight ;)

ABP Rob, ABP :D

• Like 3

Let's be honest here and cut to the chase.

Poole are highly 'fortunate' that their two lowest scorers from the first leg are now missing this match.

An already strong team has culled their weakest links and replaced them with better options. What was already a daunting task for Wolves has now become a mammoth one.

There was a realistic chance that as in the first leg Pedersen would score 1 or 2.. Tungate is likely to get a lot more than that.

Lindback scored 5 on his best track in the UK.. several of those pts were gifted by Wolves riders entering turn 1 on the wrong line, the wouldn't happen at Monmore, he'd be fortunate to get 3 or 4 in the form he is in. RR will cover that and then some.

Sadly for Wolves, it's just not their year.

Poole only lost by 6 points at Monmore a few weeks with half a team.

This team they are putting out tonight (even with R/R) looks stronger than when they last visited.

Thorssell scored a 15 point max that night,Harris is a good replacement but he isn't going to get anywhere near that figure.

A 12 point lead is just to much of a deficit to claw back.Think the score will be around the same as last time,Wolves winning by six,but falling short on aggregate.

Whoever is riding in the main body of the team,poor old Max had a stinker last night for Cradley and could not get near Adam Ellis.Unless he gets his EL bike out for tonight I cannot see Wolves reserves beating the Poole reserves.

• Like 1

Whoever is riding in the main body of the team,poor old Max had a stinker last night for Cradley and could not get near Adam Ellis.Unless he gets his EL bike out for tonight I cannot see Wolves reserves beating the Poole reserves.

I've been saying all season that our reserves will ultimately cost us in the playoffs.

Hope I'm wrong but fear I won't be.

Reserves is our strength, i can see them getting a lot of rides tonight especially with r/r operating.

Edited by foreverblue

Trouble is Clegg and Howarth are more than capable around Monmore. No easy rides.

Reserves is our strength, i can see them getting a lot of rides tonight especially with r/r operating.

Exactly,that is why you won't miss Pedersen and Lindback tonight.Most other teams would miss 2 heatleaders as they don't have 2 reserves like Poole do.

• Like 1

Exactly,that is why you won't miss Pedersen and Lindback tonight.Most other teams would miss 2 heatleaders as they don't have 2 reserves like Poole do.

That's what i call planning

That's what i call planning

It's what I call getting the averages for EDR's fiddled at the start of the season.

• Like 2

I was always reasonably confident (before the 1st leg) that a single figure deficit was doable. To concede 12 was a kick in the gools. Irrespective of injury/illness, best wishes to Pedersen & Lindback, and the are they/aren't they stronger/weaker discussions I do know one thing.

Poole will get absolutely no sympathy from the riders/supporters of a team who lost the 1993 championship in the last meeting, in the last heat, by one race point. PK will remind the other 6 what it feels like.

We'll know our fate by the end of heat 2 I would imagine.

The most important guy at Monmore today is Doc Bridgett.

Come on me babbies.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 2