British Speedway Forum
Poole Quay 7

Wolverhampton V Poole: El Play-off Semi-final 2nd Leg

The big issue is the pzm demanding riders sign a deal to ride extraleague and only one other league. This is all riders not just Poles.

• Like 1

Not a very good troll are you?

Stick to the PL thread jock.

I only tried to help the other poster who's wife you violated through your sick imagination. I bet it wasn't consensual either.

Anyway tigers riders ride in this league for various teams so I spend some time on here, poole threads are normally quite funny and tonight is one of them.

Ok mystic meg. By the way your missus said and I quote 'I was the F**k of the century'

You couldn't get the job done in the bedroom so your missus came to a real man like me to show her a good time.

Couldn't care if I got suspended.

Yes I would if he was giving me abuse first. Like CR the d1ck has all night long.

• Like 1

Just home from a corporate function. seen the result but none of the coverage yet.

Well done to the Wolves - clearly the better team over 2 legs, despite all the rider absences.

Should be a good final - but my money is on Belle Vue - as it was at the start of the season. My team Poole not consistently strong enough throughout.

Bring on the Blue Riband and 2017's restructured format!

The big issue is the pzm demanding riders sign a deal to ride extraleague and only one other league. This is all riders not just Poles.

Don't worry. The Poles will never work out who Poole's actual 1-7 is on a weekly basis.

• Like 5

Good luck to the Polish teams who snap up British talent and leave them on the sidelines..... sounds a bit arrogant to me tbh + they'd better be sure they pay the riders wages or it won't last long.

There was never any cheating involved. Poole put together a fair side, were riddled with injuries throughout the season and were let down by an awful referee who was clearly a fan of #abp. The decision to exclude Ellis was awful. Instead of PK and AE ending up in hospital he laid the bike down like a true sportsman, the skill that Ivan Mauger taught in his training schools as the most important thing a rider needs to learn. After a fantastic meeting, regardless of the terrible decision, the public were robbed of a true heat 15 as a referee with a god complex decided he wanted to decide the outcome, rather than bring all 4 back after a clear case of first bend bunching took place.

Congratulations to the Wolves. Won't waste my time watching BV destroy you with their enormous home advantage however.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

Not that hard when you are riding against riders like Buczkowski

the Polish world cup star you mean.

Freddie has rode for us, for many years - why would he stop now?

I agree. Freddie had a year out from the EL and he went backwards without it.

Freddie is nailed on coming back next season I'd imagine.

Congratulations to the Wolves. Won't waste my time watching BV destroy you with their enormous home advantage however.

BV, a huge home advantage?

I'd congratulate Wolves but they don't deserve it. Two terrible decisions by the referee. Ellis exclusion was completely wrong and heat 15 was robbery.

There's always one isn't there.

You should take a leaf out of Mr Shovlar's book who was very gracious in defeat tonight. Had the pleasure of talking with him and Shaleshifter at various intervals throughout the night.

The PK/Ellis situation could have gone either way. I did think PK was going to be the one to go and I wouldn't have objected if he had.

Heat 15 however was the right call. Neither Wolves rider were anywhere near, it was the Poole riders getting themselves in a mess, not a case of bunching. Simply Holder chopping Tungate's nose off.

Still going to be 2017 BW? ;)

Bet that lot made your migraine worse. :cry:

I think they've got confused and miscounted Wolfsbane!

I must admit I hardly thought about the headache till after the meeting when it returned with a vengeance.

It wouldn't be right if I let the night pass without a comment about our esteemed manager, who did his best to throw a spanner in the works. Not putting Howarth in Heat 9 in place of Clegg was a ridiculous decision. It's a play off semi final, every single point counts and his non action there could have proved costly.

I must admit I thought we'd blown it after Heat 11 as I was fully expecting a Poole 5-1 in Heat 12 and then Holder to pop out the start in one of 13 or 15. As it was, absolutely brilliant from Kyle Howarth. I've been a critic of his in the past but tonight he stepped up and delivered.

I've been amused to read comments of how 'poor' Tai was on this thread.. dropping 1pt from 5, I'll take that.

Onto the final, let's hope the weather plays ball and we have two cracking meetings and two complete 7 man teams.

Edited by BWitcher

Meanwhile elsewhere.....

Fraud & Lapdog: "Hello, is that the hospital? We'd like to come and visit Antonio. When are visiting hours?"

Nurse: "8."

Fraud & Lapdog: "Can you make it 7?"

Anyway, congratulations Wolverhampton Speedway for renewing my faith in humanity and justice.

On behalf of speedway fans across the UK (outside of Little England Dorset)........BRILLIANT RESULT!

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 6

Freddie has rode for us, for many years - why would he stop now?

He stopped when he was last a GP rider, maybe he'll give Sweden a miss if he hasn't been paid by Indianerna as reported.

The decision to exclude Ellis was awful. Instead of PK and AE ending up in hospital he laid the bike down.

Have you ever seen a rider who locked up in front of another rider who laid his bike down to avoid excluded. I haven't. The theory in refs heads is that the following rider can avoid going outside or inside regardless of track conditions (I am not saying it is correct). If riders were excluded for locking up mid turn Ben Barker, James Wright, even Billy Hamill & a young Tony Rickarsson would have never had a career. Admittedly it is more difficult at Monmore due to its size than at other tracks. But the constraints of the track should not influence a referees decision. Why couldn't Ellis go outside or inside a maroon PK, lack of skill & bike control?

Belle Vue do not have a massive home advantage, it is the least 'British' of tracks in Britain. Nicholls was better at Purfleet in the Semi, than at the NSS. Unless Zagar is at the party I can see Lindgren & Woffiden scoring paid maxes there. Wolves have the bigger hitters in the final.

the Polish world cup star you mean.

Really? In the only year they didn't win in recent years. Team this year was Dudek, Kasprzak, Pawlicki & Zmarzlick.

Edited by Col

Well after a failed tactical, I have to say I was probably right about karma.

If there was any foul play, karma will come back round and bite.

It seems a Voodoo Doll works as well. I can put the needles back in the sewing box again now. Well done Wolves.

He gets on with CVS though, so doubt it. Coventry antagonised him before, bad mistake.

Yes, you're right. Coventry antagonised him by having the cheek to beat the Pirates home and away in 2010 when he clearly thought the title was in the bag having been top of the league for so long. That was a bad mistake on Coventry's part.

• Like 3

Can anyone provide the race time for heat 15 please as I think the one on updates is wrong. Thanks.

Poole are clearly the second best team in the league but dreadful injuries at the wrong time has robbed them of their rightful second best finish.

Clearly Poole are rubbish at Monmore when the home team prepare the track to their advantage as they should. Kurtz was barely able to complete a lap. What a rider.

• Like 2

The rubbish play off format strikes again!
Poole are clearly the second best team in the league but dreadful injuries at the wrong time has robbed them of their rightful second best finish.

Shame. I'm gutted. :lol: Never mind though the top team could still become the champions. No-one remembers who was second best.

• Like 3