British Speedway Forum
Poole Quay 7

Wolverhampton V Poole: El Play-off Semi-final 2nd Leg

Well, you couldn't make up what happened last night could you Starry? Starry? Starry? Where for out thou Starry?

Im beginning to think hes been banned, no less than he deserved though for the amount of name calling hes done on here recently!

Well, you couldn't make up what happened last night could you Starry? Starry? Starry? Where for out thou Starry?

Im beginning to think hes been banned, no less than he deserved though for the amount of name calling hes done on here recently!

All credit to Wolves on their win, better team over the two legs and fully deserve to be in the Final. Unfortunately for Poole with all their injuries and illness it was probably one meeting to far especially with to many under performing riders. Two riders certainly above criticism was Newman and Ellis who kept their team in the meeting virtually single handed and Ellis was very hard done by when excluded when it clearly should've been Karlsson.

Phil Griffin.

Thanks. Can't say I've heard of him though. Perhaps one of the new ones?

Doubt it, although yes he does deserve it. More than likely just keeping a low profile because his beloved Poole lost and almost everyone, bar Pirate fans, are chuffed to bits. :lol:

You were cheating last night, Ellis throwing himself on the floor to try and get a re-run for example :D

Ha ha Bwitcher,very droll just because Shovy got upset with Pk.

Edited by Shaleshifter

sadly not.

Starry hasn't been banned. He's still trying to add up the aggregate scores. He's going to be gutted when he finds out.

Post of the year.

Ha ha Bwitcher,very droll just because Shovy got upset with Pk.

No prob with that, all adds to the atmosphere!

I wonder how much Lindback cost for one meeting ?

not just the cost of lindback, i would suggest andersen and pedersen were paid for there silence/compliance

• Like 5

Its now over a day later so a quick question...

Has the result actually been allowed to stand?

Its not been amended in any way since Wednesday night?

Have no "unknown before Thursday morning" rules been contravened by Wolves which has subsequently seen then have 9 points deducted?

Have no rules been found in some obscure sub section of another sub section of another sub section that gives teams with three Scandinavian riders missing in a meeting a nine point bonus?

Has the meeting not been declared 'null and void' as the result has since to be found "not in the best interest of British Speedway"?

No?

Great!

Roll on the Final. May the best team (with their own riders) win!...😁

Edited by mikebv

The only clue I guess is that he didn't want a team place in the UK at the beginning of the season but made himself available to Wolves if needed. If I had to say I reckon he'll finish in the UK this year, removing all the travel, and carry on riding in Sweden for a couple of years.

That would be my take on things as well him easing himself in to retirement ( I did hear that he was trying to race until he was 50yrs old ) and moving over to the the side of the fence but his main problem I believe is he still loves to ride unlike many riders after a certain age .Regardless of whether he should have been excluded on Monday I did find the way he fell off most unlike PK ,it will be a sad day when we finally see that lovely relaxed riding style no more .

I hope he can get a bag full of points out of the next couple of matches, no finer way for the sport in this country to bid farewell to one of the finest club riders I have had the pleasure to watch over the last 40 odd years .

• Like 7

Just watched the full thing last night, entertaining.

Middlo's wee hamster snarl at the end was amazing :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

That would be my take on things as well him easing himself in to retirement ( I did hear that he was trying to race until he was 50yrs old ) and moving over to the the side of the fence but his main problem I believe is he still loves to ride unlike many riders after a certain age .Regardless of whether he should have been excluded on Monday I did find the way he fell off most unlike PK ,it will be a sad day when we finally see that lovely relaxed riding style no more .

I hope he can get a bag full of points out of the next couple of matches, no finer way for the sport in this country to bid farewell to one of the finest club riders I have had the pleasure to watch over the last 40 odd years .

Amazing guy, always good to hear the legendary dry Karlsson humour expressed in those unique Swedish Black Country tones! Am I right in recalling that his first Swedish individual final was about 1985 when he was 15?

Why do you have to keep swearing and insulting people?

I am beginning to suspect your that Gavan with a different name and obviously your hatred for Poole ties nicely in with that.

Why don't you kiss my arse you suck up...what a touchy little feck you are and btw I haven't a hatred for Poole more the fact brown noses like yourself now do me a favour and go away.

Starry hasn't been banned. He's still trying to add up the aggregate scores. He's going to be gutted when he finds out.

Hahaha classic
  • Like 1

Why don't you kiss my arse you suck up...what a touchy little feck you are and btw I haven't a hatred for Poole more the fact brown noses like yourself now do me a favour and go away.

Hahaha classic

Careful HS you starting to sound like Gavan!

What a complete waste of Bandwidth..